Golden Sands Hotel Apartments, Dubai
Reviews - Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 682 additional reviews of Golden Sands Hotel Apartments at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Dubai
Historical Traveller Reviews of Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
Very nice hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Golden Sands 3 - good value for moneyfrom travellerglos
We found all the staff polite and helpful, although the desk staff were very busy.
Golden Sands is not luxurious, nor is the hotel or its surroundings pretty, but if you want an economical alternative to more expensive hotels, which is convenient for the attractions of the city, we would certainly recommend it.
Best family accommodationfrom holidays786
The staff were really really friendly and loved to play with the children.
The buffet service and room service where good but you can have food delivered from outside to your apartment.
I would highly recommend this to an family has it is close to all shops, supermarktets and central to all.
We are going back again nextyear and will only be staying at the Golden Sands.
If you want any further info just mail me.
Very good valuefrom Intrepid_Rover
We found the staff very friendly and helpful, from the Manager down to the Cleaner.
The studio apartment was a good size, clean and comfortably equipped. The pool and area were clean and we always managed to get a free lounger. A walkway linked the pool area with Golden Sands 5, where you were able to use their roof terrace pool, which again was clean.
The internet was very slow and the computers were always busy, but we were told (unfortunately at the end of our stay !!) that we could also use the 4 computers in Golden Sands 5, which were not so busy.
A complimentary daily bus shuttle takes you to the beach.
Altogether a very good, reasonably priced, place to stay in Dubai. There is an excellent supermarket, Spinneys, a short walk away that stocks everything you could need.
"from A TripAdvisor Member
loved the golden sands 3 dubaifrom A TripAdvisor Member
my daughter and friend. The apartments were very clean, roomy and comfortable. The staff were excellent, made our trip very enjoyable.
Not bad at all.from Bvista
Great stopover value for moneyfrom redhead4
There was free internet in the Business Centre in the lobby.
I would thoroughly recommend staying here and having a look at Dubai as part of your Emirates trip as the rates are very reasonable.
Good value for the pricefrom bdobba
Top feature was the poolside restaurant where the food was excellent value for a hotel and mountains of it (e.g. excellent mixed grill - think Middle Eastern not European - for 28 Dirham). The same food can be delivered to your room by room service for about two Dirham extra per dish. That's virtually the same price as restaurants and self-service mall food courts. If you want to self cater there's a Spinney's supermarket 400 yards away.
These apartments are a good way to experience Dubai without paying the sometimes exorbitant Dubai hotel prices. It's not four or five star (it doesn't claim to be) but, from our experience, provides friendly service and excellent value for money.
One final point. Yes, there are a handfull of ladies of the night who congregate around one street corner not far from the hotel. But I've seen them in other parts of Dubai not far from four and five star hotels. It's no different from other big cities, they are easily avoided if you want to and caused no problems to us. Definitely not a reason to avoid this hotel.
t go back!from cmgallag
Top Local Tips for Dubai
Rotana Hotels Rotana Hotels are expensive to stay in Dubai but they have excellent evening meals open to the public. Jameria Rotana offers 99dhs all you can eat and drink!!!!!
Alcohol Buy your alcohol at Dubai Duty Free (opposite the baggage claims carousel) when you are waiting to collect your bags. You can't buy alcohol in Dubai from supermarkets etc - only in hotel bars/restaurants.
Complimentary Bus service! If you book directly through Golden Sands, then they will arrange for a taxi to pick you up (and drop you off) at the airport! You must inform them of your flight details and ask for this in advance though! If you made you booking via a third party, then there is a complimentary shuttle bus that leaves from the airport to GS3 every few hours. It's worth calling up GS3 prior to your departure and finding out the timings of the bus. Similarly, there is a bus that will take you from GS3 to the airport, so there is no real need to get a taxi!
Other names for Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
- golden sands hotel dubai
- golden sands hotel apartments dubai
- golden sands hotel apartments
- golden sands hotel
- golden sands dubai
- golden sands apartments dubai
- golden sands apartments
- golden sands apartment dubai
- dubai golden sands
- Address: Al Mankhool - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Golden Sands Hotel Apartments
- Capitol Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Jumeira Rotana Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Rydges Plaza Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- The Fairmont Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 12961.1 km / 8053.6 mi
- Ibis World Trade Centre Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.1 km / 2 mi
- Raffles Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Admiral Plaza Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Emirates Towers Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Moon Valley Hotel Apartments Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 38.3 km / 23.8 mi
- Shangri La Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- New Penninsula Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Astoria Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi