Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dubai
Reviews - Crowne Plaza Hotel
Read 252 additional reviews of Crowne Plaza Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Dubai
Historical Traveller Reviews of Crowne Plaza Hotel
Fantastic hotelfrom rah34
Staff are very helpful, quick delivery of hire car from valet parking, staff have good local knowledge.
Would definitely stay here again - good access to Mall of the Emirates and Ibn Buttuta Mall as well as the city centre to the east.
fine and nicefrom wwhassouna
The room was spacious somehow old but fine, elevators are very slow, they are generous with toilatories and other staff, two TV set with world cup on live. breakfast is excellent, location is somehow far but they provide shutle buses, next day the said no need to downgrade get it free for your next day, provided late check out to us and 3 plates of fruits, cookies and oriental pastries . They were very helpful afterwards
Hotel just getting oldfrom wdalati
Inside the rooms you can feel the age of the hotel like toilet door and the flooring. Amenities looked fine. The hotel is charging for Internet usage and the only way to have it free is in the lobby (wireless) when you order your coffe and snacks.
The hotel have an attached shopping center in which there a market where you can buy almost everything you need.
Lunch was served in Jumeira Ballroom as part of the two days seminar event, food was very good, but in order to get food, you have to wait till they get you empty dishes. It seems they were not aware of the number of attendees.
Restaurants like Traders Vic's is a must to visit where live bands performs, Breakfast at Al-Dana restaurant was good. Crowne Plaza is close to many restaurants on Shk. Zayed Road where different cuisines are available in a walking distance.
The rate was around 200USD per night including breakfast & tax which is quite fine in Dubai 5* hotels.
Excellent Crowne Plazafrom joedesigns
Poor hotlefrom robmarrick
Standard way below what I would have expected for paying £180 per night.
Exec area average, very Smokey and lower paid staff friendly but others need lessons in customer service
Pool OK but again servie not good. Never once asked if I wanted a drink or towels, all seems too much effort.
Would not stay here again
ideal for businessfrom lebelParis
the executive room is tiny for 2 persons , mainly for working or phoning there
all around staff is very pleasant ,polite and helpful
a great choice of restaurants (i recommand italian one )
if food is reasonably priced (according to europe standards ) wine is tremendously overpriced for a french !
and remember you can get alcoolic drinks ONLY IN HOTELS
all restaurants in town are not allowed to serve even a beer !
unable to book by internet (it was supposed full for that period ), i got a fair price on emailing directly the hotel
to sum up , a good value worth returning
Clueless Stafffrom Alfanumeric
Totally bland option in a city full of exciting hotelsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
First of all on the hotel itself:
- Yes it is of a decent standard, with large rooms and all the amenities you would expect from a large chain hotel.
- It has a number of restaurants within it, namely Wagamama, Trader Vics, a Japanese one and a couple of others. On the other hand these close fairly early. There is Zinc which apparently is one of the hottest clubs in town.
- The "mall" nextdoor, is exremely small and of poor quality
- Exactly opposite are the impressive Emirates Towers with its fantastic top floor bar and restaurant...a far better choice in accomodation than Crown Plaza (although probably more expensive)
- It seemed that no matter where we went, we paid around $12-15 worth of taxi
- Overall sterile and bland not recommended for non business travellers that want something different/special for their stay.
The location and possible alternative choices:
We chose not to be on the beach zone of the city because we were not interested on the beach since we were on our way to Thailand. However it seems that in the beach around Burj al Arab there are a large number of great hotels, with most impressive of all the Madinat Jumeirah. This is a whole complex of hotels, villas, markets, bars, restaurants and even a theatre, all done in surprisingly good style (keeping in mind the whole surrounding kitsch). In our next visit to Dubai we will definately stay there!
There also seems to be a shift of the centre of interest of the city towards that area, with all the new developments along the coast, as well as the Mall of Emirates and its ski slope which is nearby, so there is no need to stay more centrally.
Just okfrom TravellingMan333
The breakfast buffet was lackluster and had flies flying around the tables. The house band in the bar was soooooooooooooooo bad we could not finish our drinks
Fab Crowne Plazafrom carlinn
Top Local Tips for Dubai
do not buy at dubai duty free (airport) noticed during my trip to Dubai that items were more expensive at the airport than at the malls (and some things were even cheaper back home). Don't be suckered into thinking Dubai is cheap. My tip is to check prices at home first and buy at the malls if the Dubai prices are cheaper. I bought an Ipod shuffle in the mall at AED 349. At the airport it was over AED 400 !
Beware of the summer months. Be aware of the extreme temperatures in July and August, August 2007 was over 46 C. The best time are UK winter months up to April.
Indian food India Palace in Gahoud, just outside the Deira Mall. An unbelievale buffet meal for 70 AED from 6.30pm to 8pm. - no alchoholic drinks allowed though.
Other names for Crowne Plaza Hotel
- dubai crowne plaza
- crowne plaza hotel dubai
- crowne plaza dubai
- crown plaza hotel dubai
- crown plaza dubai
- Address: Sheikh Hamdan St - Dubai - 23215 - United Arab Emirates
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 36.7 km / 22.8 mi
- Shangri La Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Emirates Towers Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Towers Rotana Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Ibis World Trade Centre Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- The Fairmont Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 12962.8 km / 8054.7 mi
- Rydges Plaza Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Dusit Thani Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Jumeira Rotana Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Ramada Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Golden Sands Hotel Apartments Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.1 km / 2 mi
- Capitol Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Raffles Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Movenpick Hotel Bur Dubai Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi