Kelvingrove Hotel, Glasgow
Reviews - Kelvingrove Hotel
Read 286 additional reviews of Kelvingrove Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Glasgow
Historical Traveller Reviews of Kelvingrove Hotel
Wonderful!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
A delightful surprise.from A TripAdvisor Member
good but small.....from A TripAdvisor Member
Good location for sightseeingfrom Kstamps
Home from Homefrom Jim Z Douglas
After browsing reviews on Trip advisor I decided on the Kelvingrove Hotel as the reviews posted were good and it was within walking distance of the concert venue.
My friends could not have been happier with the hotel I'd picked for them, stating that the staff were very friendly and that the rooms were well appointed and spotless---- in fact a real home from home.
So much so they've re-booked for a Christmas shopping trip in December.
Worth all the acclaim!from stressedparent
The hotel is on a main road, so be prepared for some traffic noise, but the double glazing is efficient. You are well placed for the University (10 minutes) and the city centre (15 minutes walk or a short bus ride). Loads of places nearby to eat in the evening.
The management take a real interest in each client and will go out of their way to help make your visit to Glasgow a success!
fantastic service - ideal for city breakfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I was not proved wrong - although the hotel was busy (this place is always busy apparently!) the service from the staff could not have been of a higher standard. The lady owners (mother and daughter duo Val and Mandy) were only to happy to assisting my relatives in selecting places to eat, ordering cabs and planning day trips to Arran and Inverness. Both Twin rooms were spotless and really nicely equipped and the beds were apparently supremely comfortable - the breakfasts were excellent too!
This hotel sits in a great location near the famous Kelvingrove art gallery and public park and near to the city centre and West End and close to a variety of bars and places to eat.
I would not hesitate in recommending the Kelvingrove to any city traveller - service like this is rare and my party was made to feel relaxed and totally at home. Well done the Kelvingrove!
Fantastic city centre hotel - spotless and very friendlyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The service that we received from all of the staff was great, our rooms were spotless, the beds extremely comfortable (the powershowers were great as well!) and the delicious breakfast really set us up for the day.
During our stay we found out from other guests that they all had nothing but positive things to say about the hotel and the staff. We greatly enjoyed our trip to Glasgow and the hospitality we received at this hotel was a major factor.
I would not hesitate in recommending the Kelvingrove.
Loved the Kelvingrove and the staff!from A TripAdvisor Member
Perfect Place to Begin our Holidayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Kelvingrove on this site and was impressed with the reviews. The management
was extremely helpful while booking and as we were travelling with our
10 yr old son, we needed a "family room". The room was a great size and
was extremely comfortably with room to spread out. The breakfast room was bright and airy and I looked forward to that delicious breakfast to start the day.
The location is superb for walking to local sights with some excellent restaurants within a 3 block radius. We would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and will return there on our next visit. As with so many hotels being
expensive, the Kelvingrove is a gem in a reasonable price range and the owners know what they are doing.
Top Local Tips for Glasgow
Great pub & restaurant nearby this hotel If you decide to stay in this area the Ben Nevis pub is great if you like a wee dram very atmospheric with an open fire and a very wide selection of Whisky. The Thai restaurant just down the road from this pub is excellent too.
The horseshoe Bar Great Karoke just off suacihall Street, all city centre bars are open until midnight, suburbs open to 1am fridays and saturdays.
Hop-on hop-off bus Take the red bus around the city, and get on and off as you wish. Excellent way to see a lot in a short time. The guides were knowledgeable and easy to hear.
Other names for Kelvingrove Hotel
- kelvingrove hotel glasgow
- Address: 944 Sauchiehall Street - Glasgow - Scotland - G3 7TH - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Kelvingrove Hotel
- The Kelvin Park Lorne Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- The Sandyford Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- The Townhouse Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Upstreet City Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- City Inn Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 18.5 km / 11.5 mi
- City Aparthotel Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Albion Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Menzies Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Malmaison Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- The Spires Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Dunkeld Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 4.3 km / 2.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City West Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi