Express by Holiday Inn Hotel, Glasgow
Reviews - Express by Holiday Inn Hotel
Read 278 additional reviews of Express by Holiday Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Glasgow
Historical Traveller Reviews of Express by Holiday Inn Hotel
Great locationfrom TaniaMacDonald
Great Hotelfrom rockyrodgers
Kind receptionist - poor hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Unfortunately there appears to have been a mix up in the Hotel the latest reviewer stayed at? - Our Hotel is the Express by Holiday Inn Theatreland.
The Hotel is only 7 years old and well ventilated by large windows and heated by traditional wall heaters , we do not have (or advertise as having) Air Conditioning or heated Towel Rails, hence the reason I think the review belongs elsewhere.
Is this the Same Hotel???from A TripAdvisor Member
and thought I'd made a big mistake, given the most recent comments!
I don't think we stayed in the same hotel - either that or I have very different views of
what makes a good Hotel.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful from the Desk staff who checked us in to the
lovely girl who cleaned our room (Eastern European I think)
Room was 'sparkling' although I do agree with previous comments about the Fire Engines
they do go down the main street quite a lot - I believe from the staff the fire station is at the top of their road so this would explain it.
Breakfast was continental and certainly adequate for our needs, self service and aided by again some very pleasant ladies.
I paid £65 for the room and would challenge you to find a more comfortable and friendlier Hotel in the City Centre.
I'll be back, as will any friends I have who visit the city.
clean and comfortablefrom megasmile
Truly Awful !from drewyorks
1) The Room - was smelly, and small - no way could a family of 4 stay in one as advertised with any idea of comfort. There is no bath, and the bathroom door had been 'punched in' and not repaired, on both sides. The window opens slightly, but the noise is intolerable. Being situated on a main junction where all the emergency services hurtle down with their sirens blaring! With no word of a lie - this goes on from early morning, through the day, and through the night !
2) Breakfast - poor choice, low quality, self service
3) Lift - only operates with a room key, making it inconvenient when you're carrying luggage and / or one of your party wants to 'pop' out.
4) No iron/board in room, and they were all 'out' so had to roam the corridors looking for one left outside somebody's room (this is at 11am!)
5) Like other reviewers, they seem to like setting off the fire alarm - the hotel was evacuated early on a sunday morning - not what you need from a weekend away !!!! Took 45 mins of standing in the cold before being allowed back in.
6) The staff are very familiar, and they looked dirty!
Can you guess? I will never stop here again !
Just what we neededfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Fine, no worries.from A TripAdvisor Member
The breakfast is good, and seeing that you aren’t paying a lot of money you are getting a good deal.
If sleeping on the road side of the building, you can expect a level of road noise; however this dies down after about 10:00 - 10:30.
As for location, you couldn't ask for more, you are spitting distance of the shops, bus station, underground and theatres.
The breakfast room is on the first floor, which makes a nice change to being gawped at by passers by. The bar is however cramped on the ground floor next to reception.
On the first night we noticed that the water was draining slowly from the shower, we mentioned this at reception the next morning and by the time we got back from that days activity, it had been fixed.
All in all a fantastic hotel; the lifts are adequate, but require a room card to use (as does the stairs), so please be patient with others who haven’t quite worked this out yet.
Very impressedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express stateside or abroad, but i have customers that swear by them.
Nice, neat, and modern. I was impressed the moment I checked in, although the desk agent was not very ..hmm.. friendly? Maybe I was the one that just needed a kind face. He was very efficient and got me on my way.
The room was on the smallish side, but every detail reminded me of Modern Danish or Scandinavian interiors. Spotless, and the beds were super comfy.
I fell asleep that afternoon right away to be woken up to a fire alarm. On go the clothes and down the hall I went. It was a false alarm, but I commend the staff on their expertise and organization to make sure everyone was out and safe.
The breakfast in the morning was good and the staff got me a quick cab to the airport. I believe there was even a bar onsite?? Excellent all around for such a small price.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to everyone.
Very nice hotel in a good locationfrom kymberand
I stayed here for one week for a business trip in May, and had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel was entirely clean, modern, and comfortable; the rooms were a good size and the staff were nice and helpful.
I had a lot of problems accessing the wireless internet that's supposedly available in the rooms, with connecting and staying connected, which was frustrating because they charge a fair bit for it (unlike many hotels that offer it for free). But the staff were extremely helpful and patient with my hourly complaints about the internet access.
The location is very good, close to everything of interest including the Buchanan Bus terminal (with busses to the airport). I was able to walk to almost every sight of interest in the city within a reasonable time, although I expect that wouldn't be as easy in the wintertime.
Also I don't remember any problems with noise; maybe I had a better room location than other reviewers, or maybe I'm just a deep sleeper!
I paid £80 per night which I now realize isn't a great rate for a budget hotel, but it was a business trip so I didn't shop around much. It's probably possible to get a better rate.
Top Local Tips for Glasgow
KelvinHall Museum Must see get the no 42 bus from Bath Street 2 min walk from hotel it drops you off right outside
Great location for pubs & clubs! Express by Holiday Inn is situated right around the corner from Sauchiehall Street which has a large number of good bars and clubs. A 2 minute walk takes you to "Walkabout", the Australian themed bar, excellent location!
Airport Flyer This bus service is cheap and convenient.
Other names for Express by Holiday Inn Hotel
- holiday inn glasgow
- holiday inn express glasgow
- glasgow holiday inn
- Address: 165 West Nile Street - Glasgow - Scotland - G1 2RL - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Express by Holiday Inn Hotel
- Holiday Inn Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland
- Langs Hotel Glasgow, Scotland
- The Pipers' Tryst Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Marks Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Carlton George Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Thistle Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- ABode Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Ramada Glasgow City Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City West Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Malmaison Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- The Spires Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Brunswick Hotel Glasgow Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Millennium Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Radisson SAS Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi