ABode Glasgow Hotel
Reviews - ABode Glasgow Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Pleasure Seeker
Read 193 additional reviews of ABode Glasgow Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Glasgow
Historical Traveller Reviews of ABode Glasgow Hotel
Not worth the moneyfrom Laconcha
The room was small and felt tired and in need of a thorough refit. The bathroom had grotty grout in the corners!
We weren't there to watch TV but the wide screen in our room had virtually no reception
Elsewhere in the hotel the keycards and room locks were unreliable. Several lightbulbs in the main landing needed replacing. The restaurant downstairs is suposed to be draw but was shut when we were there (a Sunday). The basement cafe bar was ordinary and a bit soul-less. It all just felt a bit unloved.
On the up side, he bed was comfortable, the staff were fiendly and breakfast was very good.
fine hotelfrom travel-world-mom
Nice hotel, great locationfrom Cleol
We had to share a double bed - but I knew that when I booked ( I think all the rooms are doubles).
A nice hotel with character, not ridiculously "boutique", in a great location within easy walking distance of the train station and shopping area of the city.
The room was smallish but with a very comfortable bed and nicely furnished. It was on the ground floor at the back of the hotel and very quiet. Sadly the washbasin was cracked, which detracted from the overall look of the room.
All the staff were very pleasant , helpful and friendly and I would certainly stay there again.
4* Price - 2* hotelfrom Tugglo
Has a real WOW factor, but not as groovy under the surfacefrom AshleyH
Only stayed one night but:
- amazing open staircase to all floors - a real 'wow' factor!
- High Ceilings, Good A/C in room, nice toiletries, comfy bed, friendly staff
- available to book through laterooms (so got a nice discount on rack rate :)
WHAT'S NOT SO GOOD:
- Limited TV channels, bizarre lightswitch control (bathroom light controlled by panel by door?!), my room was pretty small (and next to the extraction chimney outside!)
- consistant 'branding of "ABode" (the AB is a designer/swirly pattern - and is used at every opportunity - brochures, menus, etc, etc. It's a clever idea, but when you are trying to read the magazine etc it does get on your nerves!!
- nice to have Kit-Kats on the tea tray, not such a good idea when the temperature is 25 degrees (the A/C only works when you are in the room).
- no milk pots on the tea tray - probably just a one off, but at 6am a really bummer!
If you didnt already know that the restaurant at the hotel is a 'Michael Caines' restaurant, trust me - you will be reminded about 200 times during your stay - another bit of over-branding (with another 'designer logo')
Not bad, great potential - but Radisson and Malmaison in Glasgow remain my 2 favourites. There seems to be a real glut of hotel of accomodation in Glasgow - check the web for great deals on good hotels - loads to choose from.
Worst Nights Sleep Ever!!from Gillianbeattie
Then it came to sleeping! The hotel is on fairly busy rod in the centre of Glasgow. Therefore it has traffic all night and several clubs, one being right next door. The noise made it impossible to sleep. The double glazing was obviously of a poor standard and it sounded like you were sleeping with the window open. Obviously street noise cannot be controlled by the hotel but I think they should install better double glazing!
In the morning, water began to leak from the air conditioning system onto our clothes. We contacted reception who's solution was to give us a bucket to catch the drips!!
When we checked out we complained but were informed we would be unable to recieve any form of discount as we had not booked directly through the hotel. We are currently waiting to hear from the hotel!!
Perhaps if you can upgrade to a higher standard of room at the back of the hotel the Abode Glasgow maybe a decent place to stay.
Worst Hotel Everfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loved the arthousefrom A TripAdvisor Member
I will be recommending the hotel to anyone else coming to Glasgow.
Mrs Joan Watson
Great Anniversary Stayfrom allan65
Very nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Glasgow
wet wet wet its green for a reason - pack your umbrella and a big jumper
Stay Here Stay at The Radisson if you ever visit Glasgow , it,s faultless
Best Italian outside Italy ! Fratelli Sarti, next to the Abode hotel on Bath St. Amazing fresh cooked meals, Italian food at its finest !!! Can't recommend highly enough !!!
Other names for ABode Glasgow Hotel
- glasgow hotel art house
- glasgow abode hotel
- arthouse hotel
- art house hotel
- abode glasgow
- Address: 129 Bath Street - Glasgow - Scotland - G2 28Y - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near ABode Glasgow Hotel
- The Marks Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Thistle Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Novotel Glasgow Centre Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Malmaison Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Glasgow City West Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Express by Holiday Inn Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Spires Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Langs Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Pipers' Tryst Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Carlton George Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- City Aparthotel Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Radisson SAS Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Corus Hotel Glasgow Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow, Scotland Distance: 17.5 km / 10.9 mi