The Eight Acres Hotel, Elgin
Reviews - The Eight Acres Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 224 additional reviews of The Eight Acres Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Elgin
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Eight Acres Hotel
Fantastic Stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
We were disappointed that there was no menu in the room despite the option of room service How are you supposed to know what you can order?
The food was delicious although the breakfast portions were rather meagre. The service in the restaurant was sometimes delayed.
It would be brilliant if you could take the staff from this hotel and take them to your next holiday destination because they were very friendly, happy people. All staff that we met were very helpful.
A big disappoint was the lack of complimentary toileteries....C'mon Crerar don't be so stingy, you give Scotland a bad name for being miserly.
Would we re-visit? .. Good question.
Michael Pickford, General Manager
sleepless nightsfrom Blootoonloon
Good points,,,food was good although at times not very hot. Room was also very good was a large bed. it wasn,t until we went into it that we noticed that it was two 3ft twins joined together
Needs some work.from Sippowitz
The changing facilities were inadequate - No baby changing facility in the mens changing room. Showers tired and rather dirty. Standing dirty water at the entrance to the pool. Whilst the gymnasium is adequately equipped many of the machines are rather dated and some are out of order.
On the whole - could be alot better.
Fantastic Foodfrom fitzpac
Upon arrival the appearance of the hotel from the outside and the decor in the main body of the hotel looked a bit dated and shabby, whch worried us slightly, but we needn't have worried. We had booked a "Romantic Break" as advertised on the hotel website which included suite accomodation. The room was very pleasant and more than met our needs. The staff were very pleasant and helpful during our stay and the use of the leisure facilities were an added bonus. The highlight of the stay was undoubtedly the food. We were on a DB&B tariff and would definitely recommend it. For information, the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the town centre or a 2 minute drive. We would definitely use this hotel when staying in this area again.
You can trust the Eight Acresfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great atmospherefrom LINZHighlands
Loved itfrom Ray83uk
Exceptional staff, amazing gardens and lots of rabbits. Fantastic
Super 2 night stay with kids.from Babayaro
Warm welcome from the staff who offered to help with the bags and everything else that you need when travelling with a toddler and a baby! We were given one of the suites which was ideal as comprised of a lounge area and a separate bedroom. The meals at the hotel were good, the menu had a lot of tasty options many of which had been made with local produce. The staff were very helpful all stopping to chat to the kids and asking us if we required anything. All in all a pleasant stay even though decor is a bit tired.
my weddingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Would go back at the drop of a hat!from tagger
Top Local Tips for Elgin
Base Elgin is a great base for lots of towns and villages in that area. Forres, Findhorn, Nairn etc
Well Placed City Elgin is well placed for visiting a great deal of the north east of Scotland. Be prepared to get out and about to get the most out of your stay
Spey Bay and Lossiemouth Beach Spey Bay is only about 15 minutes down the road and if the dolphins are there is well worth going to see. It was a very windy day when we went but we still enjoyed it. Lossiemouth Beach is also a really nice afternoon out and only about 6 miles out of Elgin I believe. while the tides out the walk along the beach to the lighthouse is beautiful.
Other names for The Eight Acres Hotel
- crerar eight acres hotel leisure
- 8 acres hotel
- Address: Morriston Road - Elgin - Scotland - IV30 6UN - United Kingdom
Hotels Near The Eight Acres Hotel
- Mansion House Hotel Elgin, Scotland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Mansefield Hotel Elgin, Scotland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Sunninghill Hotel Elgin, Scotland Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Laichmoray Hotel Elgin, Scotland Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Stotfield Hotel Lossiemouth, Scotland Distance: 7.4 km / 4.6 mi
- Ramnee Hotel Forres, Scotland Distance: 16.7 km / 10.4 mi
- Cluny Bank Hotel Forres, Scotland Distance: 17 km / 10.6 mi
- Knockomie Hotel Forres, Scotland Distance: 19.1 km / 11.8 mi
- Archiestown Hotel Aberlour, Scotland Distance: 19.3 km / 12 mi
- Craigellachie Hotel Of Speyside Aberlour, Scotland Distance: 20 km / 12.4 mi
- Covenanters Inn Hotel Nairn, Scotland Distance: 29.6 km / 18.4 mi
- Cullen Bay Hotel Buckie, Scotland Distance: 29.6 km / 18.4 mi
- Braeval Hotel Nairn, Scotland Distance: 33.3 km / 20.7 mi
- Invernairne Hotel Nairn, Scotland Distance: 33.5 km / 20.8 mi
- Claymore House Hotel Nairn, Scotland Distance: 33.7 km / 21 mi