Radisson SAS Hotel, Edinburgh
Reviews - Radisson SAS Hotel
Read 884 additional reviews of Radisson SAS Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Edinburgh
Historical Traveller Reviews of Radisson SAS Hotel
t stay here....from ange1a
t fault the Radisson SASfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The location of this hotel is perfect to explore the whole city.
I will return to this hotel when I visit my fave city of Edinburgh again.
Dated and Dirty !!!from rossco026
A dissapointing stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
So a word of warning, avoid room 405 if you want a good nights sleep.
s crown!from A TripAdvisor Member
The overall service in the hotel was excellent. The public areas, especially the restaurant, were of a very high standard. The restaurant & room service menus were also very reasonably priced. The staff members we encountered were very courteous.
For us, the hotels' location was it's major selling point....right on the Royal Mile, minutes from Edinburgh Castle and on the right side of the city for many of the live music venues. The main shopping area is only 5 minutes walk from the hotel so all in all the Radisson is an excellent choice for those looking for the perfect city break.
Excellent Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
creme de la cremefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Scottish breakfast is FAB! I thourghly recomend the Haggis!!!!!!!!!!!! This hotel has great facilities icluding the indoor heated pool.
upmarket and centralfrom mark-southside
It is situated very centrally on the Royal Mile. The advantage is that you can fall out of the hotel and immediately to hand are all the attractions that the Tourist Industry would like you visit, eg the Castle and Whisky Heritage Centre. The disadvantage if you're looking for a quiet life is that the streets are thronged with tourists during the day and 'revellers' at night, however in the hotel its serene. The Royal Mile has a lot of ancient buildings and sights but there are a fair sprinkling of tourist tat shops, chain pubs and restaurants, and a few licences taken with history, eg John Knox never actually lived in 'John Knox's House' opposite the hotel. All the sightseeing open-top buses pass the hotel.
Back in the hotel, all the rooms I have been in are well appointed.
Staff are efficient and courteous. Children are well catered for without being a intrusive to other guests. There is an indoor pool. The hotel is big enough to swallow functions such as Weddings and business Conferences with ease.
The Crowne Plaza has its own taxi rank, but if you are travelling to/from the main train station at Waveley (4 hours from London), you are unlikely to get a smile from the driver as its 2-3 minutes away max. Walking should only take you 10 minutes but to the hotel its uphill.
This is an upmarket hotel and is not going to appeal to backpackers and students. However sometimes you can get bargain rates and you can a lot more luxury for maybe only 50% more than the bog standard Travellodge round the corner.
This is one of the more consistent hotels I have been in and its a safe choice if you are on an expense account, have 24 hours to check off the main tourist sights or can negotiate a deal for a family room.
Perfect for us.from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Edinburgh
Stay out of the Restaurant in the Lobby, Itchycoo. If you want to have a nice meal with your wife/girlfriend stay out of this pompous bar/restaurant. The waitstaff is atrocious.
Don't miss the Falkirk Wheel We rented a car to go to the Falkirk Wheel, which is a boat lift that takes the place of locks. It's one of a kind in the world, and is really interesting. It lifts a barge 35M from 1 canal to another in 5 minutes,and it take the energy to boil 8 kettles of water to do it. It's an engineering marvel, and very architectural to boot. You pay 8 pounds to get in the boat and actually experience it. It's about an hour outside of Edinburgh.
Skip the Whiskey Tour Skip the whiskey tour, it was overpriced and it was one long commercial. If you are into history, go to Mary Kings Close. Register early on in the day for it on the Royal Mile. My wife and I had a great time at Mary Kings Close, bad time at the Whiskey Tour.
Other names for Radisson SAS Hotel
- radisson hotel edinburgh
- radisson edinburgh
- edinburgh radisson
- Address: 80 High Street - Edinburgh - Scotland - EH1 1TH - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Radisson SAS Hotel
- Hotel Ibis Edinburgh Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Travelodge Edinburgh Central Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Jurys Inn Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- The Scotsman Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Holyrood Aparthotel Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Parliament House Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Old Waverley Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Macdonald Holyrood Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Apex City Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Apex International Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- George Inter Continental Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Royal Over Seas League Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Ramada Mount Royal Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Royal Garden Apartments Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi