Novotel London Heathrow Hotel, West Drayton
Reviews - Novotel London Heathrow Hotel
Read 594 additional reviews of Novotel London Heathrow Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in West Drayton
Historical Traveller Reviews of Novotel London Heathrow Hotel
Good location, nice rooms and a hearty breakfast!from RJPerrelli
Convenient for the airport and good value park and stayfrom Christine45
We particuarly like the extra internal door between the sleeping area and the main door of the room as it cuts out noise very effectively.
We booked a park and stay package which at £89 we felt quite reasonable. The HOPPA bus to the airport stops outside the hotel and is cheap and fast.
The only downside is that the restaurant is small and it did get very busy. Some people told me they had been waiting over an hour for a table. We made use of the pool for an hour and then went into the restuaruant at about 9.30 - lots of room then.
Would stay again.
Good choice at Heathrowfrom Miami sky warrior
Couple of slightly odd features - the toilet is located in a separate room (more like a closet) to the bathroom, and the shower curtain is fixed to circle around about half of the bathtub, making the area for taking your shower very small!
Very comfortable bed with duvet, slightly strange square pillows.
Dining options within the area are very limited, other than the restaurant in the hotel, there is not much else available - there is a pub called the Plough about a ten minute walk away next door to the Holiday Inn - to get there, take a right out of the Novotel, walk under the expressway bridge, and you will see the Holiday Inn on the left - the Plough is just to the right of the entrance driveway.
Overall, a good choice, and I would stay here again.
Good hotel for value and locationfrom vaxx
On the con side there are two things to mention:
1. The exercise room is really not big at all, and there are only a few machines: running, stepping, skiing and rowing, in addition to a few dumbells. Plus in the change room there are no slippers. The pool looked nice though I didnt experience it. Small too.
2. You have to pay 3 pounds each way to get to and from the hotel on the Hoppa bus H1. Note that the last bus leaves Terminal 2 at 2325, so make sure you are on it! Otherwise, the bus only calls at one other hotel so it is very fast and convenient.
Very good hotelfrom Marassa
Just a little remark to the comment made by a fellow traveler about booking a taxi through the hotel: I tried ordering taxi to the same destination (Stockley Park) both through the reception and through yellow pages. The taxi from the yellow pages cost me 6 pounds (add 1 pound for the call from the hotel room!) but it was a tiny cheap car. The taxi ordered through the reception cost 8 pounds but it was an Audi A6 with leather seats and the driver went out to open the door for me.
Really impressed, will always look for a Novotel every tripfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I was very impressed with the service (front desk and room service) and the room layout and furnishings (Superior room). I especially liked the very modern bathroom with both a glass door stall shower and a sparkling white tub. The sink was also a very contemporary style with plenty of space for toiletries.
The television, when switched on in the room, also broadcast to a speaker in the bathroom ceiling. Great for listening to the news in the morning. As someone else mentioned, the toilet is in a separate small room. The room also a small sofa/loveseat, I did not look to see if it was a pull-out bed.
The arrangement of a small wardrobe, (with iron/board) next to a "stack" of wooden cubes with coffee/tea making supplies on top. next, a mini-bar fridge, then a room safe and at the lowest level, a small cubby with an extra pillow, was really well planned.
I used room service for dinner. As someone else mentioned, in addition
to "old favorites" there were a number of menu items that could be ordered
in 3 sizes, a "taste", "starters", or "entree". I was very happy with my 2 starters.
I had only 2 really minor issues. The room service breakfast door card did not
list a price. I could have asked but chose to skip it instead. Later, I learned it was 12 pounds. Had it been pre-printed, I probably would have ordered it. Also, the room phone should have included a sheet with specific instructions and hotel charges for various types of phone calls. The marked speed-dial buttons on the phone were not enough.
Unlike the hotel I used my first night, you MUST provide a credit card upon check-in
for the phone to be unlocked for use. When I initially declined to provide an impint for any reason (my room was prepaid), they did not tell me the phone would remain locked until I provided the imprint. These were both really minor issues.
I have been raving about the hotel to everyone because of the room and the service and will now always seek out a NOVOTEL.
I had a really good price by booking and prepaying well in advance,
and by waiving the right to a refund if I cancelled. This is the way to get the best deal.
An excellent stay!from Tombrasil
Neat, cheap, free poolfrom lanoneus
The Value of Money Hotelfrom ebayvirgin
The swimming pool is free for resident and is was very clean and warm . The reception was very friendly aand efficient. The food was good and quick serivce. Very good value for money and you get great discounts to book online
be warnedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
1) Do not book your taxi through the Hotel! Its a rip off. A local fare to near by Uxbridge ( Normaly costs £5) is £18!!!! Use the yellow pages and find a local taxi firm.
2) On ordering room service we were informed by the server that the gratuity you add on the bill does not go to the person bring your meal. In fact it does not go to the staff at all, but goes to the Hotel.
Taking this in mind I would not have any hessitation in reccomending this hotel!
Top Local Tips for West Drayton
Avoid Hoppa bus Hoppa buses are a recommended way of getting to the hotels near the Heathrow airports. Having used them twice I'm sure I won't do that ever again. Those buses mean above all a painfully long wait - and if you take them from any other terminal than Terminal 1 you also have to visit all the terminals along your way to the hotel. They are also not a good value for money - two Hoppa tickets will buy you a cab / taxi ride to most hotels those buses serve.
Heathrow bus shuttle Door to door so very convenient but a shocking £ 8 return fare
Getting about Short walk to bus stop. £2 to get to West Drayton station. From there if going to lego land Go to Slough Change for Windsor. Walk along to main Street get shuttle bus to lego land. If going to London eye bus to West Drayton train to Paddinton, then underground to Waterloo , a short walk to London Eye.
Other names for Novotel London Heathrow Hotel
- west drayton novotel
- novotel west drayton
- novotel hotel london heathrow
- Address: Cherry Lane - West Drayton - England - UB7 9HJ - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Novotel London Heathrow Hotel
- Premier Lodge Heathrow Hotel Hayes, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Crowne Plaza London Heathrow Hotel West Drayton, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Holiday Inn London Heathrow M4 Hotel West Drayton, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Sheraton Skyline Hotel at London Heathrow London, England Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- London Heathrow Marriott Hotel Hayes, England Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Ramada Jarvis Heathrow Hotel Hounslow, England Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Hilton London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hounslow, England Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Innkeeper's Lodge Slough Windsor Hotel Slough, England Distance: 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
- Slough Windsor Marriott Hotel Slough, England Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi
- The Thames Lodge Hotel Staines, England Distance: 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
- Slough Premier Lodge Hotel Slough, England Distance: 8.6 km / 5.4 mi
- Runnymede Hotel Egham, England Distance: 8.8 km / 5.4 mi
- Tudor Lodge Hotel Pinner, England Distance: 10.2 km / 6.4 mi
- The Castle Hotel Windsor, England Distance: 10.7 km / 6.6 mi
- Stoke Park Club Hotel Slough, England Distance: 10.7 km / 6.6 mi