Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club Spa, Warwick
Reviews - Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club Spa
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Warwick
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club Spa
The hotel was very clean and the food was pretty good. (Good childs menu )
The location was perfect to visit many different areas. We went to Warwick Castle, Stratford and Cadbury World on different days and then would come back to the hotel and relax.
The pool area was great for the kids as well. I cant say enough postive things about our stay and the great service provided by Ardencote Manor. Thank you.
absolutely fantastic..........from staffpoint
i would say in the area, this has to be the best hotel in this price range. I have stayed at other 4 star, rosette hotels, but i promise none match the warm welcome, comfortable rooms and quality in the restaurant that the Ardencote provide.
My primary complaints were:
1. Although check in was not until 2, we arrived at 12. We knew this although thought we'd try checking in as sometimes the rooms are ready earlier. So we were prepared to not be able to acess our rooms until 2, but thought we'd get some lunch in the (very pleasant) lesiure bar. Unfortunately we were, at first, told to go away and come back at 2 (ie put your bags back in your car, get off our land and go back when you're told). No helpful suggestion that we might want to leave our bags with the concierge and get some lunch while the room was still being prepared.
2. The Lodge retsaurant has deteriorated beyond belief since we last were there. Although it has been refurbished, it now lacks atmosphere (they could have at least turned down the lights a little). The food was truly awful, especially at the price. My fish starter was dry and chewy, my main of lamb was overcooked. All 5 other diners had equally disappointing meals. Also, the vegetables were a joke. £1.95 for 6/7 frozen roast potatoes and the same for sweetcorn. Also, I could not believe they served potato cubes at 2 michelin starred restaurant!
3. Also, the service was amatuerish. The waiter was no more than 18, didn't understand the menu etc and the service was sloppy (seemed that we had to ask for everything twice), which shouldn't be the case at an expensive restaurant.
4. Finally, the room service breakfast was barely edible.
So, a huge disappojntment, especially after the year before. Will be looking for an alternative venue for next year's event.
Comfortable and friendlyfrom RHaigh
Breakfasts were also excellent.
On arriving home we realised that our son had left a much loved soft toy and a CD in his bed. On phoning the hotel they arranged for these to be posted back to us at no cost to us.
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.
Loved it very romanticfrom sarahbudd
We had a lovley room and the spa treatments were everything we needed really got rid of those stressful nots.
The food served in the lodge was 5 star! I am a fussy eater and they went out of there way to cook me something I would eat.
The whirlepool was my favourite as we sat in this while it was raining was soooo romantic.
The only down side was there was two weddings on and we felt a bit limited on where we could walk around but that was it.
My husband had arranged flowers and champagne and these were on ice when we first arrived.
I cant wait to go back !!!
Not up to expectations.from sparkledust
Mixed reviewfrom Keppel
The room was fine (family room in the annexe).
The pool was lovely though very deep & not really geared for small children-There were floats & armbands available.
We wanted to swim Sunday am but tthere was no child swimming till after 9am,breakfast was only till 9.30am & checkout 10.30am so all a bit of a mad rush .
The staff were very tolerant of our 3 excited children even in the dining room.
The childrens menu is exellent & portions huge but the adult menu limited & service slow .The staff were on the whole polite but distant.
We enjoyed it but will not stay there again probably.
Average rooms, great groundsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Quite pleasantfrom JCW
Approach with carefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Warwick
Warwick Castle - a fun and timetabled day out Get t Warwick Castle early (about 10.15am) and follow the timetabled events until lunch and then enjoy the carvery for lunch. After lunch wander the rest of the castle.
Amazing. Yeah that. Amazing.
Ardencote Manor Hotel I go to this hotel in Warwick regularly, to meet up twice a year with my friends. This is an ideal place to meet as it is mid way for us - two of us come from London, one from Sheffield and one from Manchester.
Other names for Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club Spa
- ardencote manor hotel and country
- Address: Lye Green Road - Warwick - England - CV35 8LS - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club Spa
- Billesley Manor Hotel Alcester, England Distance: 9.2 km / 5.7 mi
- Nuthurst Grange Country House Hotel and Restaurant Solihull, England Distance: 7.6 km / 4.7 mi
- The Glebe at Barford Hotel Warwick, England Distance: 8.3 km / 5.2 mi
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel and Golf Course Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 9 km / 5.6 mi
- Honiley Court Hotel Kenilworth, England Distance: 9.5 km / 5.9 mi
- DeMontfort Hotel Kenilworth, England Distance: 10.6 km / 6.6 mi
- Stratford Victoria Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 10.5 km / 6.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Stratford upon Avon Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Leamington Spa-Warwick Hotel Warwick, England Distance: 10.9 km / 6.7 mi
- Stratford Manor Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 7.6 km / 4.7 mi
- Clarendon Hotel Redcar, England Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- The Shakespeare Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 11 km / 6.8 mi
- Eaton Court Hotel Leamington Spa, England Distance: 11.1 km / 6.9 mi
- The Alveston Manor Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 11.1 km / 6.9 mi
- The Charlecote Pheasant Country Hotel Warwick, England Distance: 11.2 km / 7 mi