The Swan's Nest Hotel, Stratford upon Avon
Reviews - The Swan's Nest Hotel
Read 230 additional reviews of The Swan's Nest Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Stratford upon Avon
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Swan's Nest Hotel
Great location, but hotel was disappointing..from CJRedhill
We stayed in room 102, Goldeneye! (all the rooms have bird names) which was spacious and clean-ish. However, having been told that it was one of the best rooms in the hotel, I had expected something better. The general décor was very dated, especially the bathroom which had a number of cracked floor tiles and could have done with a complete overhaul.
The bar was pretty expensive (£12 for two drinks!). The staff were okay, and polite enough. Breakfast was good, but service was slow.
If you just want a base, the hotel is perfect, it’s within a 5 min walk to the town centre.
Bad From The Startfrom SJC9
A Night To Remember?from WEYDON
We arrived at 4.00pm - their earliest check in time. On entering the corridor our rooms were on, the entire way was strewn with bottles and dirty dishes left on the floor outside from the previous night. This we felt was not a good welcome and went down to report it to the manager via the receptionist as it should have been cleared well before check in time. We were kept waiting some time only to find that the wait was to enable the manager to clear away the mess and try to deny that it existed in the first place! During the wait we were joined by a fellow resident who wished to complain that he had accidentally opened a door in his bedroom thinking it was a a cupboard only to find that it was a link door with the adjacent room where he found an elderly lady (my mother as it turned out) taking a rest on her bed! Both were highly embarrased.
If this situation wasn't so funny it could in other circumstances been highly serious or dangerous. The unkempt manager in nonchalent fashion proceeded to lock the door which should have been locked in the first place. Generally, although the reception area and breakfast area were reasonable, the accommodation block was well in need of a refurb with dirty carpets in the corridor and bedrooms, peeling wallpaper, cracked ceiling plaster, stained bath.
The stay was a huge disappointment for us particularly as it had been so expensive in the first place. We did eventually receive an apology and reduction in the bill.
The receptionist was a bit of a jobsworth and not helpful, there seeming a general closing of ranks rather than a desire to make one feel welcome. Not a recommendation.
not badfrom doddsy96
great stayfrom truimphman
Fine for visiting Stratford..........from j-vin
The rooms are in modern buildings forming a square with a rather dull courtyard in the centre, which back onto a slightly more attractive 'older' building which fronts the road.
The communal areas in the hotel are quite shabby and the bar area very unwelcoming.
It is an ok hotel if you just want it as a base, but not if you are looking for any more than that.
Very disappointedfrom Madcats
Purpose Built Nursing Homefrom ShellT
Excellent Locationfrom Keersey
Staffs are very helpful and provide a good service. It is worth pointing out that unless you have booked a room with breakfast included, you will be charged £13.99 each for a full English breakfast.
a bit shabbyfrom ksm100
Location was very good, near to everything; service was fine. The room was comfortable, although a little noisy due to the air-con unit outside the window.
Breakfast was excellent.
Top Local Tips for Stratford upon Avon
Thai Boat House Restaraunt The Thai restaurant opposite the Swans Neat Hotel next to the river is absolutley fantastic and definetley reccomended.
like pasta? Try the Cafe Pasta in Sheep street Stratford. Dined here three times now and it has been excellent every time. Inniovative menu helpful friendly staff and pleasant atmosphere.
Dinner in Stratford on a Saturday Evening I would advise that you reserve dinner in a restaurant prior to your visit for Saturday evening. It is extraordinarily busy. Do take advantage of the theatre available outside the main theatres.
Other names for The Swan's Nest Hotel
- hotel macdonald swans nest
- Address: Bridgefoot - Stratford upon Avon - England - CV37 7LT - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Swan's Nest Hotel
- Eslington Villa Hotel Gateshead, England Distance: 306.1 km / 190.2 mi
- Malmaison Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 310.1 km / 192.7 mi
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 309.8 km / 192.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Newcastle City Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 310.4 km / 192.9 mi
- Swallow Imperial Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 311.4 km / 193.5 mi
- Newcastle Marriott Hotel Metro Centre Gateshead, England Distance: 308.5 km / 191.7 mi
- Thistle Newcastle Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 309.9 km / 192.5 mi
- The Caledonian Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 310.9 km / 193.2 mi
- Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle, England Distance: 317.8 km / 197.5 mi
- Royal Station Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 309.8 km / 192.5 mi
- Newcastle South Premier Lodge Hotel Gateshead, England Distance: 306.5 km / 190.5 mi
- Campanile Hotel & Restaurant Washington, England Distance: 303.5 km / 188.6 mi
- New Northumbria Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 311.6 km / 193.6 mi
- Dene Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 312.4 km / 194.1 mi
- Matfen Hall Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 311.3 km / 193.4 mi