Ettington Park Hotel, Stratford upon Avon
Reviews - Ettington Park Hotel
Read 394 additional reviews of Ettington Park Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Stratford upon Avon
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ettington Park Hotel
What a hote!from issay
Just the best Christmas ever......................................from saintTropez
The rooms are fantastich from the huge flat screen tv's to the tastefull decor. The ever attentive staff are exceptioanaly well manered, and the food was just perfect, Gilles the head cheff even finds the time to introduce himself personaly. My wife has some special diatry requirements which Gilles not only managed to accomodate, but exceeded.
A fantastic stay in a stately home that is steeped in history what more can you ask for.
Thanks again Ettington Park for everything, it really does feel as if we are being invited into someone's home, and being made to feel so welcome, its really an experience to cherish.
Stay in a Castle!from Stanleyps
I had a large suite with huge windows, antique furniture and a fireplace overlooking the gardens and the entry. The staff falls over themselves to be accomodating. Everywhere around you is history!
The only minor distractions were: a) Dinner was not wonderful. Very limited choices, and those were ill-thought out and executed. I resorted to meals in Stratford-upon-Avon. Breakfast was nice, though; b) only adequate bathrooms. Very old (not in the good sense) and barely serviceable (BAD shower and linoleum on the floor!); c) make sure there is not a wedding or reception scheduled during your stay. They are all over, very noisy, inconsiderate of other hotel guests, and the staff is geared to serve them at the expense of non-wedding guests.
The only other MINOR comment would be the flowers. Why, in the countryside of England, would you feature elaborate faux-tropical abstract flower arrangements? It was jarring to walk into a lovely old drawing room with beautiful country furniture to see these strange arrangements. But, when that's all you can find to complain about it's not so bad.
Ettington Park is magical and will take you to another time and place. I can't wait to return. Highly recommended!
breathtaking in every wayfrom eversexychic
Wish we had more time...from Schnap
So we arrived tired, sweaty and miserable...the drive up to the "house" already calmed us considerably and the warm reception and friendly staff made us feel at home immediately.
We had a larger room in the older part of the building overlooking the entrance. It was comfortably furnished and fairly well maintained. We bathed because the shower pressure was non-existant - not a problem for us.
We opted to dine at the hotel due to our later arrival and were not disappointed. The food and service were fabulous - only bad thing was the after dinner "espresso" - more of a strong coffee with no crema. Would recommend getting a proper machine, otherwise perfect.
Unfortunately we couldn't use the pool and spa area due to repairs so we cannot offer comment here.
Breakfast though very good was a bit chaotic and slow due to arranging of what looked like a bigger party in the drawing room.
We are hoping to return again for a longer period of time to walk the grounds, spa, etc. in a more relaxed atmosphere.
Lovely location and hotelfrom Teddies
Too much of a good thingfrom Scarletti
Fantastic hotelfrom hball
all in all an excellent hotel and excellent value for money. Highly recommended.
Fantastic everthing!!from Benjamin79
The greeting and assitance I recieved from the young front hall porter, was nothing short of hospitality at its best. I was shown efficently to my"newly" refurbished bedroom and everything was explained to me.
Obviously alot of money has been spent on the refurbishment with loverly decore and state of the art LCD screens. Amazing!
The gounds are stunning, the ruined church just adds to the overall feeling of history that seems to surround you. My advice is to ask for a tour with the old porter who knows everything there is to know (We think he was actually born there!!).
Dinner in the restaurant is a highlight of the stay. The menu offers a good choice and the Gourmet Menu that we had was super. The wine list is expansive with written explanations of many of the wines and regions of origin. The service we recieved was delightful with staff obviously very caring of there guests experiences.
After dinner we relaxed in the lounge and the bar staff provided us with congacs that they recommended. The scene was wonderful with candles and a live pianist adding to atomosphere.
All in all we had a amazing time, the staff are well trained and thoughtful. Service is delivered with a smile and engaging conversation. We would recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to be pampered and relax.
The only negative we could find was the tiny salt & pepper shakers on the terrace !!
Loved the Placefrom Silver_Spork1
Top Local Tips for Stratford upon Avon
Visit Stratford-upon-Avon many good theartes good food. and plenty to do for all ages.
Avis Worked very well booked via web site.
what a hotel we found Relax and enjoy everything the hotel has to offer. the grounds are stunning, so wander around at your leasure
Other names for Ettington Park Hotel
- hotel ettington park
- ettington park stratford upon avon
- ettington park hotel
- ettington hotel park
- Address: Alderminster - Stratford upon Avon - England - CV37 8BU - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ettington Park Hotel
- The Alveston Manor Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
- Eastnor House Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
- Craig Cleeve House Hotel & Restaurant Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Stratford Manor Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 11.6 km / 7.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Stratford upon Avon Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- The Coach House Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 9 km / 5.6 mi
- The Shakespeare Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- Stratford Victoria Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 9.3 km / 5.8 mi
- Menzies Welcombe Hotel and Golf Course Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 10.1 km / 6.3 mi
- The Charlecote Pheasant Country Hotel Warwick, England Distance: 9.3 km / 5.8 mi
- Legacy Falcon Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 8.8 km / 5.5 mi
- Bidford Grange Golf and Country Club Hotel Alcester, England Distance: 14.9 km / 9.2 mi
- Ardencote Manor Hotel Country Club Spa Warwick, England Distance: 19 km / 11.8 mi
- The Glebe at Barford Hotel Warwick, England Distance: 17.9 km / 11.1 mi
- Days Inn Warwick North Warwick Welcome Break Service Area Hotel Warwick, England Distance: 13.8 km / 8.6 mi