Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel
Reviews - Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel
Read 256 additional reviews of Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Portsmouth
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel
OK for overnight stayfrom Chanksie
1 Nights Stay on Birthdayfrom neilreynoldsis
No chance of a peaceful nights sleepfrom dawlilsh
No air con really hot and by leaving the window slightly open all you could hear all night were staff talking outside which kept us awake along with doors banging closed all night long within the hotel.
Location was great for the guildhall (5mins) train station (10mins) walking
Staff were friendly and helpful but i wouldnt return to any Ibis hotel again it was the worst nights sleep i have ever had away from home and has really put me off using this hotel chain again.
Perfectly adequate for an overnight stayfrom trulyscrum
Basic, but fine for mefrom MollyZero
The staff were very friendly, and the Ibis menu the same as ever but adequate.
My room was generally clean, although the bathroom could do with a deep clean to remove mould around shower bases. However I have seen far worse.
The wardrobe storage is indeed too small for solid cases, but if you have soft bags it's OK.
If you are looking for luxury and space stay elsewhere. But if you are looking for somewhere to sleep and work it's absolutely fine.
had a laugh n a grinfrom goozebump
Worst Hotel Ever!from angeleeci
I was visting Portsmouth with my mother and felt embarassed to have taken her to such a dump. After arriving at 7pm we went out for dinner and checked into another hotel in Gunwharf Quays for the next day and our experience there was much better.
My advice is to steer clear of this hotel at all costs.
Box size roomsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Overpriced for such basic accomodationfrom mickums
On our last morning the cold water supply to the hotel failed - a potentially dangerous problem - and the staff were inundated with complaints.
We paid the higher 'events' tariff for our stay but even the normal rate is too high for the quality of accomodation on offer. Other budget hotel chains offer much better value for money.
On the positive side, the hotel is well-located and the staff, who are all young, try to do their best in difficult circumstances.
Standard Ibis but disappointing.from xanapeq
The cleanliness of the our room left a lot to be desired. There was rubbish under the beds when we arrived (and it stayed there throughout our stay).
The room and bathroom were small, but this is expected from an Ibis hotel anywhere in the world.
Breakfast was OK (standard Ibis), but the breakfast room also serves as the bar and it is in the Lobby. It was a smoking room (I don’t remember if it was really smoking allowed or if people ignored non-smoking signs and noone bothered to enforce it) and very irritating for us non-smokers.
Location was nice: 10 minutes walking from the train station and the centre. Some pubs in the nearby area. You can walk to the Quays to visit the historical dockyard, the retail outlet and its restaurants. Afterwards you can catch a taxi at night in front of the retail outlet to get back to the hotel.
Overall, we are used to Ibis hotels, and look for them for no-frills standard service, but this one (our first in the UK) was below what we have become used to. Not exactly a rewarding stay.
Top Local Tips for Portsmouth
Railway Stations Portsmouth and Southsea Train Station is nearer the town than the portsmouth harbour stop.
Hot rocks - The best beach in Porstmouth Hot Rocks is a small pebble beach just on the left before old Portsmouth. You look for the old sea defenses and in one of the archways just before the public toilets there is an opening. This beach is great because you are sheltered from the wind and the rocks heat up nicely with the sun. The beach can get busy so make sure you get there early to get a good spot. Then enjoy the day by watching all the boats come and go while you relax in the warm sun.
Book a Bed And Breakfast! You will get much more for your money if you go to one of these wonderful little places.
Other names for Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel
- ibis portsmouth
- accor portsmouth centre
- Address: Winston Churchill Avenue - Portsmouth - England - PO1 2LX - United Kingdom
Hotels Near Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel
- Queens Hotel Portsmouth, England Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Seacrest Hotel Southsea, England Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Westfield Hall Hotel Southsea, England Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Ocean Hotel & Apartments Southsea, England Distance: 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
- Best Western Royal Beach Hotel Southsea, England Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Innkeeper's Lodge Portsmouth Hotel Portsmouth, England Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Portsmouth Marriott Hotel Portsmouth, England Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Springvale Hotel and Restaurant Seaview, Islands Distance: 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
- The Red Lion Hotel Fareham, England Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Lysses House Hotel Fareham, England Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- Yelf's Hotel Ryde, Islands Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
- Travelrest Fareham Hotel Fareham, England Distance: 9.7 km / 6 mi
- Travel Inn Fareham Hotel Southampton, England Distance: 14 km / 8.7 mi
- The Brookfield Hotel Emsworth, England Distance: 11.4 km / 7.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Fareham Hotel Fareham, England Distance: 12.4 km / 7.7 mi