Travelodge Newcastle Central Hotel
Reviews - Travelodge Newcastle Central Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: Australia
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Newcastle
Historical Traveller Reviews of Travelodge Newcastle Central Hotel
Loved the Travelodge experiencefrom disco316
well done Travelodge!!
A good hotelfrom tletter
We stayed at this Travelodge on 23 August 2006. The price was excellent as was the room itself which was clean, comfortable and spacious.
The location is very convenient to downtown Newcastle near the Tyne River. It is a short walk to catch the excellent Newcastle Metro system (Manors station) that’ll whisk you easily to the Newcastle Airport. If you have more time then Newcastle and its environs is well worth exploring using the Metro system.
Having come from staying at a University of Westminster student residence in London, we were in heaven in the Travelodge and paid less as well.
Great Locationfrom Menis
wot a place!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great locationfrom chocpud74
ve stayed infrom A TripAdvisor Member
When we complained to the staff, we were brushed off with 'Oh that happens every weekend, we warn about it on the web site!'
My advise, NEVER book into a Travel Lodge, pay a bit extra and go to an hotel that actually cares about it's guests.
Take the earplugs!from Oscar Brian
Travel Lodge emphasise good value and no unnecessary frills, but a window that closes properly is pretty fundamental in this location. We were not the only ones with this problem so check it out before you unpack!
central and cheapfrom ccraig708
Great Location...from Milky82
The room was basic - bed, tv, phone, shower - clean but only one towel provided?! We didnt eat at the hotel as it was quite pricey, however there is a vending machine full of late night munchies ...crisps, chocolate, drinks and even paracetmol !! Parking cost us £5 for as long as we needed and we were able to leave our bags in the storage room without any problems. All in all a pleasent stay for £50 a room you cant complain- definately reccommend for hen and stag parties on a weekend.
Absolutely finefrom Briercliffe
I will admit that it was full of stag and hen parties the weekend we were staying (of which i was part of a stag party - best man) so there is truth there, but there was no trouble or noise at night.
The double room i had was plenty large enough, clean and quite well appointed (in the new wing, i think). The shower was good, as was the bed (although pillows were a bit thin!).
The breakfast was adequate for money, and plenty of it.
Bar service was very good - the geordies are very very friendly. Plenty of ice and lemon for our drinks!!
Would have been nice if they had agreed to look after our bags somewhere in the hotel on the sunday, as our flight back was not until the evening (Blaming it on being a bomb risk, which is a load of rubbish. The bags had already been in the hotel for 48 hours, without exploding!!! They suggested lockers at the main rail station - erm, good idea if one bag did contain a bomb!!!!!)
Overall, impressed. Woudl stay again.
Top Local Tips for Newcastle
Beware! This hotel is within easy walking distance of the railway station. Just turn right when you leave the station, carry on walking down till you come to the Subway cafe opposite (I think) St Nicholas Church. Walk down the steep slope that leads to the Quayside. Once at the Quayside, just look for Cox Chare, which is on your left hand side - a cobbled street. We were charged everything from £4 - nearly £6 to drive there by cab so unless you have walking difficulties, walk!
Don't go anywhere near Newcastle when they're playing Sunderland!!!! I was on a stag do in Newcastle when they happened to be playing Sunderland. Newcastle lost 2-1 I believe and the town was like a war zone at 3 o'clock in the afternoon when it was full of shoppers and kids - VERY BAD!!! People fighting in lumps everywhere. Check the fixtures before you go, I imagine certain other teams would have a similar affect!!!!! I'm a 16 stone skinhead Yorkshire lad who's not easily intimidated buteven I found it a bit daunting. Nutters everywhere
Marsden's Grotto, Marsden, near South Shields Visit this pub/restaurant it's amazing!! It's the only place in Europe that's been built in a cave, the decor is great and there's chunks of the cave showing in the walls etc. You can only get a lift down to it and it sits right on the beach - would be amazing in the summer as they also have bands etc on. We had Grotto Beer Battered Fish & Chips which was gorgeous, fresh fish and the chips were proper chips, not frozen.
Other names for Travelodge Newcastle Central Hotel
- travelodge newcastle upon tyne
- travelodge hotel newcastle central
- travel lodge newcastle upon tyne
- travel lodge newcastle
- newcastle upon tyne travelodge
- newcastle upon tyne travel lodge
- newcastle travel lodge
- Address: 4 Forster Street - Newcastle - England - NE1 2NH - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Travelodge Newcastle Central Hotel
- Malmaison Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Newcastle City Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Royal Station Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Swallow Imperial Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Newcastle Marriott Hotel Metro Centre Gateshead, England Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
- Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle, England Distance: 8 km / 5 mi
- Thistle Newcastle Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Caledonian Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- New Northumbria Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Dene Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Matfen Hall Hotel Newcastle, England Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- The Swan's Nest Hotel Stratford upon Avon, England Distance: 310 km / 192.6 mi
- Eslington Villa Hotel Gateshead, England Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Newcastle South Premier Lodge Hotel Gateshead, England Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi