The Victoria and Albert Hotel, Manchester
Reviews - The Victoria and Albert Hotel
Read 328 additional reviews of The Victoria and Albert Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Manchester
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Victoria and Albert Hotel
RELAXING RETREATfrom JRea
spotlessly clean. I had requested an eary check in and were given our family room on
arrival (10.00am). The room was well worthy of a four star hotel and the beds the most
comfortable I have ever slept in, even compared to five star hotels. The staff service
was excellent, they were pleasent and polite, even informing the children of the free
use of a liesure and swimming pool facility further down the road. Location was around
a fifteen minute stroll to the city centre or approx £3.00 in a taxi. Breakfast was the usual
buffet with above average choice of hot and cold foods, however we didn't have any
other meals in the restaurant. The only small negative point I would make is that the
alcohol beverages were a bit on the pricey side, but the positive points out way that.
Great breakfast and staff...a little remotefrom traveltortoise
Other good point.. staff were very polite 10/10.
Rooms were nice with great wood beams and exposed brick, and lovely big beds, and also a free safe in the room.
BAD POINTS air conditioning wasn't great in the room, very noisy.
Bathrooms. standard with nice toiletries, but as much as I tried I could not take a shower without water bypassing the shower curtain and flooding the floor.
As for the location this is probably the only reason I wouldn't stay here again, too far from the centre of things. A good 30 minute walk to Piccadilly which doesn't sound too bad but in a weekend going back and forth etc you end up walking miles, all in all ideal for a nice quiet stay, but too far from the action for me, 7.5/10 overall
Great but.....from Beckers28
Room ok but did expect something different. Bed was very large but also extremely soft so didn't get a goods nights sleep. My own fault...used to a hard bed.
Bathroom average just like most hotels
Breakfast £17 extra and I've had better. The cooked breakfast was cooked to order and they asked you what you wanted but I'm used to a buffet breakfast where you can have as many sausages as you want and cook your own toast. Personally it was overpriced for what you got.
Excellent location...walking distance to shops. Hotel right opposite Granada studios so we used Granada studio's sign posting to find hotel.
Couldn't fault staff, very knowledgable about the area. Polite but not over bearing.
All in all an excellent stay I think it was just me being fussy
Great hotel - food dreadfulfrom AlessandraDesbottes
The location is also superb, a few minutes walk to the canal side bars of Castlefields and not much further to Deansgate locks. The shopping of the city center is also only a 5-10 minute walk away. along with the bars and dining of the triangle and the printworks, which also houses the Hard Rock Casino.
All in all, a greatg hotel in a great location. I will definately stay here next time i am in Manchester.
Amazing Hotel, lots of celebrity guests and great stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Much better than the rest !
Really lovely Marriott - a cut above the rest !from ejklewis
One of the best Marriots in the North of Englandfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Value!from Ilovehols
We had a great deal with 3-course meal and breakfast! We will return.
Spacious roomsfrom Pengowls1
Top Local Tips for Manchester
The Curry Mile Don't miss the chance of a trip to the Curry Mile in Rusholme and don't miss "Moonlight" afterwards for a fantastic ice cream experience.
best bars Try Obsidian this was classy with good coktail menu, don't bother with the new hilton deansgate either bars, stuck up, unfriendly and very expensive, no atmosphere and very picky on who can 'drink' there.Otherwise Manchester 253 was great.
Eat your Greens! All veggies (and non-veggies for that matter) should head over to Lapwing Lane, West Didsbury to try Greens vegetarian restaurant. We had fantastic main courses there - so good I couldn't manage dessert despite it looking gorgeous! Prices are very reasonable and the atmosphere was bustling yet cosy with excellent service.
Other names for The Victoria and Albert Hotel
- marriott manchester victoria albert hotel
- marriott manchester
- manchester marriott
- Address: Water Street - Manchester - England - M3 4JQ - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Victoria and Albert Hotel
- Campanile Manchester Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Castlefield Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton Manchester Deansgate Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Jurys Inn Manchester Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Lowry Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Midland Manchester Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Renaissance Manchester Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Novotel Manchester Centre Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Arora International Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Premier Inn Manchester (MEN Arena) Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Penthouse Apartment Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Roomzzz Apartmenthotel Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Ibis Manchester City Centre Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Atrium by Bridge Street Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- The Place Apartment Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi