Thistle Piccadilly Hotel, London
Reviews - Thistle Piccadilly Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Weekend Breaker
Read 290 additional reviews of Thistle Piccadilly Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in London
Historical Traveller Reviews of Thistle Piccadilly Hotel
Great Location, Average staff.from AndrewWork
The hotel is in a great location, right at Leicester Square, in the same block as Mamma-Mia, near theatres and cinemas. Also very close to chinatown.
We walked to the Ritz for afternoon tea (15min walk), we walked to Mary-Poppins at the Prince-Edward-Theatre (15min walk), however we did walk it at 11pm on a Friday night - the place was heaving!
Don't worry if there is no breakfast in your deal - McDonalds is right across the road ;-)
The room was fine; clean, safe and all the basics present and correct.
The previous day, I phoned and asked for an early check-in, I was told - no problem, the hotel is not full anyway. However, when I arrived the early check-in (12noon instead of 2pm) was not available. Maybe the hotel got a last minute bus party in.
The receptionist was a bit surly.
The public areas are a bit tired.
Housekeeping are keen, they knocked my door every 30 minutes from 9.20am onwards.
So, three stars for the hotel. One extra star for the location.
If I got a good deal I would stay here again.
great locationfrom mdtraveler54
Two Star at Best.from A TripAdvisor Member
Thistle Fantasticfrom dickrob2
Spotlessly clean comfortable rooms,friendly staff, A homely bar,great breakfast and a stunning location for Theatre and Shopping.
This hotel has it all
Lovely room, great servicefrom marycola
loved this hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel is on the corner of Leicester Square, a lively night time spot, so I guess you could get noise. We didn't hear a thing though. We were on the sixth floor and we seemed to have a doouble set of windows. Noise was not a problem.
Staff were all very pleasant. The one problem we encountered was a long wait for a table at breakfast. Half an hour! We could go to the lobby to wait where coffee was provided. Hotel staff were very apolagetic and said they had a temporary manpower problem in the breakfast room. We decided not to wait and before I could ask, they immediately said they would make a deduction on my bill so that was fair enough.
It is well worth staying here. There are three excellant delies on the same sidestreet . Just go right at hotel entrance . I wouldn't dismiss it on breakfast room account. The benefits by far outweighed the hiccups. Main points are that its very clean and in a wonderful location. We will definitely stay here again.
Good Service and Nice Roomfrom Concorde2003
We had requested a high floor room and got a very nice one on the top floor. The lifts were readily available at all times. On arrival in the room it was chilly and obvious that the heating system in there wasn't working. I reported this to Reception and very rapidly a portable radiator was provided which kept the room warm throughout our stay. The beds were very comfortable and the maid service excellent.
The breakfast room was particularly pleasant; the service was friendly, quick and attentive; and the breakfast itself was very good (we commend the bacon especially).
The Reception staff were welcoming and keen to please, which they did. All in all, we had a good stay and would go there again.
Location, Location, Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel is definitely tired in it's appearance. The beds/mattresses definitely need replacing as they were very hard and lumpy. The staff, however, were very helpful and pleasant during our entire stay.
mediocrefrom A TripAdvisor Member
First rate Theatreland hotelfrom Roseann S.
Top Local Tips for London
Mamma Mia is next door We had already booked Mamma Mia, so it was a pleasant surprise to find the hotel was literally next door. It was a great show - don't miss it if the you get the chance.
Comedy store Piccadilly The comedy store picadilly was a fantastic night out and incredibley funny and great entertainment. Easy access on the tube and really close to our hotel the Thistle Piccadilly. Great value, great food. Try and go on a thursday, friday or saturday night, it is the best of and excellent entertainment.
Theatre tickets We booked two theatre tickets on line costing us £69 each which included booking fee, as our train was quite late we decided to try and book a show matinee. We had been advised not to go to the half price stores but to go to the box office when they opened at 10am, we took this advise and managed to get two tickets to see Chicago at £20 each, we was on the front row and in the middle. Wow what a bargin!
Other names for Thistle Piccadilly Hotel
- thistle piccadilly london
- thistle piccadilly hotel london
- thistle piccadilly
- Address: 39 Coventry Street - London - England - W1D 6BZ - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Thistle Piccadilly Hotel
- Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel London, England Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Shaftesbury Hotel Piccadilly London, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Le Meridien Piccadilly Hotel London, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- 22 Jermyn Street Hotel London, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Royal Trafalgar Hotel London, England Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Sofitel St James London Hotel London, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- St Martins Lane Hotel London, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Radisson Edwardian Leicester Square Hotel London, England Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hazlitts Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Cavendish London Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Radisson Edwardian Mountbatten Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Covent Garden Hotel London, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Citadines London Trafalgar Square Hotel London, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Charing Cross Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Dukes Hotel London, England Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi