Ramada Hyde Park Hotel, London
Reviews - Ramada Hyde Park Hotel
Read 435 additional reviews of Ramada Hyde Park Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in London
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ramada Hyde Park Hotel
Bank Holiday Bangingfrom JayTheDuke
Unfortunately the Management had decided that the morning of the Bank Holiday Monday would be a great time to rip up and relay the carpet on our floor. BANG BANG BANG for more than 3 hours.
We had already scheduled a late checkout so were quite unimpressed that they had given us this floor to sleep on.
We also found the staff to be particularly rude when we complained.
On the other hand the hotel was clean and the rooms quite comfortable (although out window had been smashed).
Overall it was cheap and cheerful but due to an oversight by the management was a complete disaster. My first and last stay in a Ramada Jarvis I'm afraid.
Good Valuefrom ME13
- in an excellent location just opposite Kensington Gardens
- with exemplary staff who were professional polite and kindness itself
- a good sized room with a very comfortable bed
- a modern and clean bathroom
I would recommend this hotel because it is great value for money. I will be staying there again next time I'm in town.
heat wave in our roomfrom avicky
i had read about the staff and was prepared, but i found them to be helpful and friendly, except with the air condition problem. they were not prepare and and management left the desk staff to take the heat sort of speak. we were one of the lucky ones, our windows opened and a fan was provided after my assertive friend asked for one. we should not of had to ask nor should one of the rooms not have one. some guests had no fan and no open window. Shame on the RAMADA Management who knows better. I would not seek aout a RAMADA again, i don't have too.
and yes if the AC is not an issue as it is the fall. then the location is great, close to bus, tube and shopping.
on another note, this hotel was picked by GLOBUS, they also should of taken an active part in this problem, it colored our trip till we got to the crown plaza in amsterdam, which of course was excellent
Not the best Ramada Innfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We were on the 7th floor Sky Studios so expected a little more from the room, it was quite small with no mini bar/fridge and the air conditioniong for this time of year was useless & very noisy situated under the window. we had to leave our curtains shut all the time & it was still only just bearable.
The lobby was the coolest place to be.
Our sink had a large crack in it & the floor tiles in the bathroom had grout coming out of them.
We did not feel that the staff were that friendly although they were polite.
The lift seemed to go where it wanted on occassion but at least it was working. Breakfast on a Saturday was a nightmare it was so busy we skipped & went to a local restaurant, then opted for Breakfast in the room on Sunday- which was actually better than expected with yogurt & fruit.
I dont think we will stay here again as there are a lot better places in London for your money.
hot hot hotfrom benidormfan
Dreadful restaurantfrom SeanWorcesterUK
Great Locationfrom FEEFEE0808
Good experience except for the elevatorfrom SeattleRedBear
The location is great, but one word of warning if you're staying there over the next few months. Central Line tube trains are not running on the weekends from Acton Town (I think) to Oxford Circus. Thus the buses running along Regent/Oxford/Kensington were PACKED! If you're thinking of staying here on a weekend and relying on the tube, you might check the London Transport website to see if the weekend closures are still in effect.
Good Hotel in a good positionfrom gambotta
The room was confortable but I didn't find an acceptable breakfast.
Though the fare I get it, it's a good stay.
Top Local Tips for London
Oyster card Buy a pay as you go Oyster card. It works out much cheaper than buying travel cards and is more convenient. Plus you can reuse it. You can also buy and top-up online before you go to London so you can arrive with a card all ready to go, you just to remember to touch in and out at the ticket barriers .
leaisure ask fo a 'black cab' otherwise you get a back hander!!!!
Things to do... Everything was so close to the hotel. Walked through Keningston Gardens and Hyde Park every morning (beautiful for picture taking). Also visited the Royal Albert Museum and Memorial, the Princess Diana Memorial, the Albert and Victoria Museum and the Natural Science Museum, along with many, many shops and stores. The prices are very expensive, but that's everywhere in London. So many little pubs and restaurants to eat at, too.
Other names for Ramada Hyde Park Hotel
- ramada london
- ramada hyde park
- ramada hotel hyde park
- london ramada
- hyde park ramada
- Address: 150 Bayswater Road - London - England - W2 4RT - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ramada Hyde Park Hotel
- Westland Hotel London, England
- Hilton Hyde Park Hotel London, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Phoenix Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The House Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Thistle Kensington Gardens Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Umi Hotel London London, England Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- The New Linden Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Park Inn Hyde Park Hotel London, England Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Thistle Hyde Park Hotel London, England Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Commodore Hotel London, England Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Dylan House Hotel London, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Royal Garden Hotel London, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Royal Lancaster Hotel London, England Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Kensington House Hotel London, England Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Space Apart Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi