Luna Simone Hotel, London
Reviews - Luna Simone Hotel
Read 1148 additional reviews of Luna Simone Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in London
Historical Traveller Reviews of Luna Simone Hotel
Absolutely loved The Luna and Simone Hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
I can't say enough about the quality of the Luna and Simone!!
We stayed there for 5 nights and enjoyed every minute AND experienced no hassles whatsoever.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, especially with travel suggestions.
This hotel offers quad rooms which can be hard to find, and their rates are good.
Our (quad) room was comfortable, clean and spacious. All appliances worked properly and it was even better than the picture online.
They include breakfast in their price and it is served in a stylish cheery area. It is a satisfying meal and saves you both time and money.
The best part is the location: you are a 10 minute walk from Victoria station and the Pimlico tube stop. We took several day trips using Victoria Station and it was invaluable to be so close.
You can easily walk to Parliament, Westminster Abby etc. so it is good for tourists interested in these places.
The neighborhood is also beautiful and very nice and quiet.
fantastic hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel is managed by a family and each one of them is kind, warm, friendly, and will always go out of there way to make you feel at home. We were treated beautifully and kindly. Breakfast was excellent, you order something from the menu and then they make it for you so its always fresh, unlike other hotels where breakfast is served like a "buffet" and the food can stand there long after it was already cooked. The rooms are always clean, the bathrooms are a lot bigger than other budget hotel bathrooms that I have seen, you can shower comfortably and use the bathroom without feeling claustrophobic. THe double bed was in fact a bed, (not like in other hotels where they push two twin beds together). THe room is always tidy and neat and I felt very comfortable in it as it was so very clean.
The location is just a 5 minute walk to pimlico station, and there is a bus stop right next to the hotel. THe hotel is located in a very nice looking neighborhood with lots of restaurants and shops nearby.
All in all, we had a fantastic stay, and would definitly stay here again. Even if next trip our budget will be bigger, we will still prefer to stay at this hotel than somewhere else as we were so impressed by it.
Two thumbs up!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good tourist hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I would stay here again!from A TripAdvisor Member
A step (or two) up from a hostelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We liked the following things:
1) location - the proximity to Victoria Station and Pilimco is excellent. And, there is a bus on the street as well. The area is safe, even at night. Victoria Station and its environs means being close to everything - major attractions and connections to Gatwick and Heathrow.
2) the bathroom was clean
3) the breakfast was adequate. It saves you money, so we cannot complain.
We disliked the following:
1) there is no lift. We were near the top of the flat, and had to drag ourselves, and our bags, up 5 flights of stairs (and down). Not a problem if you are young. However, if you are older or have a disability of some sort, be aware!
2) Noise - the walls are pretty thin. And with there being no lift, you can hear people dragging, banging, and pulling their bags down the stairs and bumping into the walls. This was somewhat disruptive through the night.
3) The bed. While the sheets had been changed prior to our arrival, they had some stains (think skid marks). The blanket on top of the flat sheet also had some unsightly dirty stains on it that still gives me the shivers when I think about it.
4) The smell. The room had a dank smell.
In sum, the hotel is more like a student dormitory. If you are budget conscious or looking for a treat from the hostel life, this is a great find. Remember to bring your own toiletries as they only supply a small bar of soap in the bathroom. However, if you are expecting something closer to a hotel, you ought to consider other properties.
As we are a family run business, we take personal pride in our hotel, and go to great lengths to ensure that our customers are provided with clean, affordable, friendly and in our opinion, superior 3 diamond accomodation.
The rooms have all been recently refurbished, and are cleaned daily.
Regarding the lift issue, the Hotel is 2 Victorian town houses combined, and therefore it is not really viable to put a lift in. We do realise that this proves a problem for some customers, but we have always offered lower floor rooms, if avaliable, for those who request it.
I sincerly hope that you will read the other reviews, and be satisfied that a high majority of our customers are happy with our efforts.
Apolgies once again.
I love this hotel!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good value for moneyfrom Ileanarama
Staff were very nice and helpful, going out of their way to get your questions answered. Location was fabulous: within walking distance to all the sites (Buckingham, Westminster Abbey...) and very close to Victoria station, making it simple and easy to move around.
Only down side was the bed: a bit lumpy and hard. But I would definitely return to this hotel and would recommend to a friend.
Note: you might want to book directly through the hotel, this turned out to be cheaper for me.
A good value and convenientfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Recommend highlyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for London
London Museum Pass - Great Idea If you are going to participate in any of the London Museums that do not have free entry (donation requested), I would recommend the London Museum Pass which you can purchase on-line or at the British Tourism office. This saved us a TON of money and provided additional attractions to see that we would have passed over because of the cost. Select varies number of days and set your own schedule from there.
London Transport Museum Go Friday evening. You can find a number of places in Covent Garden that do a "before 5:00 pm) two or three course fixed price meal. The Museum is open until 9:00, and not overly crowded in the evening. At least not in March.
Museum and Gallery 4 Day Trip Used Public Tranportation only and it was great. Walking is easy. Went in Jan to avoid crowds and it worked, Tate Modern was unexpected pleasure. Wallace, Musuem of London, and Courthland outstanding. British museum ovewhelming - great exhibit. Strike of 1/2 employess on last day impacted national gallery, portrait gallery 1/2 seen but still worth it. Was able to get a great seat for Billy Elliot at last minute since went in jan. Tate Britain a little disappointing
Other names for Luna Simone Hotel
- luna simone london
- Address: 47 Belgrave Road - London - England - SW1V 2BB - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Luna Simone Hotel
- Best Western Corona Hotel London, England Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Blades Hotel London, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Victoria Palace Hotel London, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- St George Hotel London, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hart House Hotel London, England Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Hotel Westminster London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Elizabeth Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Dolphin Square Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Park Plaza Victoria London Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Rochester Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Comfort Inn Victoria Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Windermere Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hesperia London Victoria Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- City Inn Hotel London, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Crowne Plaza London St James Hotel London, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi