London Bridge Hotel
Reviews - London Bridge Hotel
Read 1098 additional reviews of London Bridge Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in London
Historical Traveller Reviews of London Bridge Hotel
t work!from A TripAdvisor Member
I was very happy during my stay, but my husband was quite disappointed with the unconnectable in-room internet as he was on business. We reported the problem the 1st night and was told it would be attended by an expert the next day. Unfortunately the problem kept unresolved when we left. The mentioned computer expert was never available - everytime when we called for help the expert was either off-duty or was not around. We finally got a written reply from the hotel and was told we were the only hotel guests encountered such problem, so the possible reason would be the Firewall setting in our computer. Well, in fact we inactivated it when we'd found the problem the first night.
The problem disappeared when we're back home, and we didn't have such problem using in the US, Canada, and even China. So if you are on business and access to the internet is a must - try your luck!
Business user recommendedfrom pspf
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I was more than happy with the continental breakfast and the better half was happy to pay the extra £4.00 for the full English
It was easy to get to all the tourist sites by tube, cab or on foot. We would definately stay at this hotel again and have no qualms in recommending it to anyone.
* Was disappointed to find no tea/coffee making facilities in the room - until I started to unpack and found them in the top drawer!!!! - a clever way to keep the surfaces clutter free
Nice hotel, good locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel is modern and well equiped. We were bumped to the very luxurious apartments nextdoor. A nice touch, since we booked a standard room at a competitive discount rate. (Hey, we're from Holland).
Points for improvement are the hectic and cramped breakfast room. (But there's a food hall in the adjacent railway station.) And the hotel staff expects you to sign for a hefty deposit on the credit card on checkin.
Loved it!from A TripAdvisor Member
Clean, nice, and reasonably pricedfrom sudbury99
This hotel would be appropriate for leisure travelers as long as you are willing to jump on the tube to get to the main attractions. There is not much immediately around the hotel.
Staff was friendly, though my contact was limited to the desk staff and doormen. I did not try any of the restaurants in the hotel.
My only complaint is the mini-bar refiller person who entered my room even though the dead bolt was engaged (note to self...the dead bolt has no meaning when someone has a master key!).
Great valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Overall I would recommend this hotel, only a 10/15 min tube ride to west end and attractions but far enough away from hustle and bustle to get a good nights sleep.
t use it plsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The London Bridge Hotel was a good location for sight seeingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
There were several tourist sites within easy walking distance and many restaurants. I was not impressed with the food. I wanted to try "English" food but really didn't find much that was really good even in those highly advertised on the net. Food was very expensive and the exchange rate for USD to Pounds made it almost twice as much for Americans. If I visited again, I would probably eat at Burger King and the places in the "tube" stations.
Top Local Tips for London
Fifteen Go to Jamie Olivers restaurant 'Fifteen' close to Old Street Tube station. Really nice and quite cheap! Lovely food!
Direction from tube Make sure when you come off the tube you follow signs to Borough High Street, you then come out of station turn right, right again and you're there.
Good advice on saving on London public transport Buy a daily tube card (5.10 GBPounds) if you're in London for under 4 days. It's the cheapest way to go. One-way ticket is 4 GBP, so the 5.10 you'll invest is a bargain (and you can use it as many times as you wish during the day (day goes from the time you buy the ticket until 4 a.m. the next morning).
Other names for London Bridge Hotel
- london bridge hotel
- Address: 8-18 London Bridge Street - London - England - SE1 9SG - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near London Bridge Hotel
- London (Southwark) Premier Lodge Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Novotel London City South Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London, England Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Club Quarters Gracechurch Hotel London, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Novotel London Tower Bridge Hotel London, England Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Ew Grange City Hotel London, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Tower Hotel London, England Distance: 1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Chamberlain Hotel London, England Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- The Mad Hatter Hotel London, England Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Andaz London Hotel London, England Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- City Hotel London, England Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Malmaison Charterhouse Square Hotel London, England Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Swissotel The Howard London Hotel London, England Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Citadines London Holborn Hotel London, England Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- London Marriott Hotel County Hall London, England Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi