Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus Hotel
Reviews - Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in London
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus Hotel
Great locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
s less expensive for these reasonsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
1. Internet connection is 12.50 pounds per day.
2. Internet connection is wireless but slower than dial-up if it works at all.
3. Shower gets scalding hot randomly. If your head's under it. . .prepare for pain.
4. Shower curtain doesn't weigh enough so the water pressure causes it to billow in while you're showering. Prepare to wash while keeping it from wrapping around you.
5. Sink basin is not designed for the water pressure. Expect to get soaked each time you turn it on.
6. Phone in my room was so loosely connected to the wall that no calls could come in or out. Got no messages even when they were left.
7. Eat elsewhere and you'll be fine in that department.
t Be Hungryfrom babylovenow
AAgh! Smelly....from vangani
The room had dark, dreary furniture, dirty carpets paint peeling off the walls and really smelly.
The shower leaked all over the floor, shower curtain so smelly...no face cloths where provided or soap.
We were charged a rate higher than advertised on the net, as the hotel had failed to take the money off the credit card.We had e-mailed 3 times prior to our arrival but were never answered.
Our complaints fell on deaf ears.We booked out 2 days later and went to another hotel owned by the opposition and received double value for 20 pounds more.
On leaving the porter stood and watched while we dragged our heavy cases out by ourselves. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone as we feel that the advertising on the net is not what one gets.
Impressedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Averagefrom A TripAdvisor Member
remember your footwear.from TripMember
Good locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
It is your typical holiday inn- it doesn't have much personality and the staff are pretty miserable. The buffet breakfast is really nice if you are prepared to pay the high price, although I felt the breakfasting room was too small and felt a little rushed by staff to vacate the table.
The rooms were clean, the shower nice and hot and the beds comfortable. As mentioned in previous reviews the staff could do with a little customer service training, and I sometimes got the feeling they didn't quite understand me when I spoke to them (the staff are all different nationalities).
I don't think I would stay here again, although it is in a good location I didn't enjoy my time in this hotel.
Smellyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice stains on the wallpaper!from Paul_Whydall
Checkin was quick and efficient, the upgrade which we should have received for being Priority Club card holders was already given. We did not have to ask unlike other Holiday Inn's we have stayed in before.
The room was shockingly horrible, stains on the wallpaper, peeling wall paper, damp patches around the windows - it was horrible!
One good thing, the bed was very comfortable, had the best nights sleep in a hotel for a while.
The bathroom was small, the bath shallow.
We had breakfast in the room the morning after, what shall I say...
...Out of date milk (took 30 minutes to receive some in date replacements)
Apart from the milk, there was a good selection of items and very yummy.
The smoke detector was extra sensitive, and was set of by my partner by just using the hair dryer!
Checkout was quick although the Romanian receptionist was not very friendly (but Ive never met one who is at a Holiday Inn)
Would we stay here again.. NO! Id sooner pay £200 and stay at the Intercontinental!
Top Local Tips for London
Buy only Zone 1 & 2 Tube passes... Buying a travelcard before going is a waste of money. All the attraction can be found within Zone 1 and 2...and you pay a hang of alot for the Travelcard bought from other countries in advance. It is no problem to buy it once you are there. You will save alot like this.
Getting about Make use of the fantastic underground/subway
While in London use the card... Upon arrival buy an OYSTER card, they will charge you 3 british pounds (you'll get back the money when you leave at any ticket window) and add money into it, it is the cheapest way of moving around London. Example:"tube" trip from Heathrow to Bond street, 4 british pounds...with card....2.50.
Other names for Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus Hotel
- oxford circus holiday inn
- london holiday inn
- holiday inn oxford circus
- Address: 57-59 Welbeck Street - London - England - W1G 9BL - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn London Oxford Circus Hotel
- The Marylebone Hotel London, England Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Nonsuch Park Hotel Epsom, England Distance: 17.9 km / 11.1 mi
- Aerodrome Classic Hotel Croydon, England Distance: 17.9 km / 11.1 mi
- Epsom Premier Lodge Hotel Epsom, England Distance: 18.6 km / 11.5 mi
- London Hilton on Park Lane Hotel London, England Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- White Hart Hotel Kingston Upon Thames, England Distance: 16.2 km / 10.1 mi
- Millennium Baileys Hotel London, England Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Cannizaro House Hotel London, England Distance: 10.1 km / 6.3 mi
- Coulsdon Manor Hotel Coulsdon, England Distance: 22.3 km / 13.9 mi
- Hotel Antoinette Kingston Upon Thames, England Distance: 16.6 km / 10.3 mi
- Ramada Hotel and Suites London Docklands London, England Distance: 13 km / 8.1 mi
- Jurys Inn Chelsea Hotel London, England Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Wyndham Grand Chelsea Harbor London Hotel London, England Distance: 5.1 km / 3.1 mi
- Millennium & Copthorne Hotels at Chelsea Football Club London, England Distance: 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
- The Richmond Hill Hotel Richmond, England Distance: 12.6 km / 7.8 mi