Hilton London Docklands Hotel
Reviews - Hilton London Docklands Hotel
- Age Group:
- Traveller type:
Read 768 additional reviews of Hilton London Docklands Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in London
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton London Docklands Hotel
twice not so luckyfrom hotelbuff
however i must say on the wholse the staff are brilliant and always try and help
Dreadful Docklands Hiltonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel had the look of a prison despite its splendid location on the Thames. After checking in at reception we embarked on an assault course. Our room was down passages, up lifts, across a bridge, and when we found it we were totally unsure of how to get back. Then the fun began. TV didn't work, the bathroom was miniscule and grotty, so small in fact we could barely use the lavatory. The room did have a good view.
The pool closed early so we couldn't use it. The Boat restaurant was closed. The buffet restaurant began removing the food whilst we were on our first course. I then decided to eat in the room and the room service was prompt and the food good.
My partner left early in the morning to go up river for a meeting whilst I tried to enjoy a morning lie-in. No such luck, as the fire alarm sounded. No problem, I believe in safety, so pulled clothes on and trekked to the assembly point (reception). With no ceremony I was herded along with other guests to the park over the road. Then...nothing, no explanation, no interest. The Hilton's staff were checked against lists, the guests not. We waited until the staff began wandering back to the hotel, so we followed. Still no explanation or interest whatsoever. Went back to room packed and left. Oh yes, we ordered a Telegraph newspaper which didn't come, but it was charged. When I asked about this I was informed, a bit late really, that they 'didn't do the Telegraph' and offered me a Times from a nearby pile.
Is all this what the Hilton Group feel that their hotel should be like?
Very nice hotel, but about 45 minutes away from centrefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent hilton breakfast buffet......
Only drawback, location of the hotel. It takes you about 60 minutes to get to Oxford Street and downtown London.
Fantastic Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The breakfast is also the best out of all the hiltons I have stayed in, there is so much to choose from, also there is free parking which is a bonus. You can also get the hotels ferry over to canary wharf and then catch a thames clipper to the city, much more fun than the tube! my children loved it. I would definetely recommend this hotel I have never been disapointed
Mixed viewsfrom evdeb239
below averagefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Average, but free parkingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Only Average for a Hiltonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
FRIENDLY SHORT BREAKfrom EDDYAldershot
t like the Docklands Hiltonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for London
tube tickets dont bother buying individual tickets for each trip you make on the tube - just buy an all day travel ticket for the underground. most single tickets are £4, but a ticket to cover zones 1 and 2 is £5.30, so you can travel around the best parts of the city and save cash at the same time!
Hop on - Hop off Tour Bus At 7:00 the tour ends and no matter where you are in London you will be kicked off the bus. Do not purchase your attraction tickets from them. They will tell you that you will be able to cut lines with their tickets. Not so. At Kensingtion Palace we had to wait in the normal ticket line to exchange their tickets for a "regular" ticket. At the London Eye, we couldn't get on because we got kicked off the tour bus on the other side of London, had to take the tube then a cab to get there, then missed the closing time by minutes. $60.00 for two London Eye tickets down the drain. We were right there, at sunset, and couldn't get on. Pay attention to both sides of the street. We went right by Buckingham Palace and I missed it. I didn't hear the audio telling me what side of the street it is on. When you get off at a stop for an attraction, if you don't see it, ask the driver EXACTLY where it is. Tour bus pick-up stops are hard to find.
Good restaurant I will recommend The Mayflower at the Thames
Other names for Hilton London Docklands Hotel
- london hilton
- hilton london
- hilton international london
- Address: 265 Rotherhithe Street - London - England - SE16 5HW - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton London Docklands Hotel
- Four Seasons Hotel Canary Wharf London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Tower Hotel London, England Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- City Hotel London, England Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- The Chamberlain Hotel London, England Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Novotel London Tower Bridge Hotel London, England Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Ew Grange City Hotel London, England Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Andaz London Hotel London, England Distance: 3.6 km / 2.3 mi
- Club Quarters Gracechurch Hotel London, England Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- London Bridge Hotel London, England Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- The Regency Hotel London, England Distance: 10.2 km / 6.3 mi
- Holiday Inn London Brentford Lock Hotel London, England Distance: 19.3 km / 12 mi
- Novotel London ExCel Hotel London, England Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Novotel London City South Hotel London, England Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel London, England Distance: 4.6 km / 2.9 mi
- Park Inn London - Russell Square Hotel London, England Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi