Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel
Reviews - Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 377 additional reviews of Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in London
Historical Traveller Reviews of Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel
The room was OK although it was a long way from the reception which was difficult with lots of luggage.
The "pull out" bed for my daughter was useless and far too uncomfortable (she ended up sleeping on the floor)
Restaurant and bar prices were very expensive even taking into account the area.
The shuttle (not complimentary) to the airport was overcrowded with passengers squashed into the aisle with skis,snowboards and cases everywhere!.The driver decided he was full when it was physically impossible to cram another person on and then travelled down the M23!! Would not recommend and will not be using this hotel again.
Beautiful hotelfrom Wooley
After reading the reviews here, we decided to get a meal on the way to the hotel. We also had breakfast at the airport, so we did not sample the food at all and I can't comment on that.
I really didn't know what to expect but let me just say the room we stayed in was THE NICEST hotel room I have EVER stayed in. It had a small lobby, with the bathroom off to the right which included a jetted tub. The bedroom was average sized for a hotel room with a huge superking bed. It seemed really luxurious and I almost wished we were staying there for the week!
We made use of the pool and sauna. The steam room was broken and a part was currently being repaired for it, but this really did not matter. We had the pool and jacuzzi to ourselves for most of the time we were in it, and it was a wonderful pool.
The only slight issues we had were with the quality of the driving of the shuttle bus, in both directions a bit questionable, but especially on the way back where the driver was going really fast and had to do an emergency stop on a roundabout because he hadn't spotted a car! Quite nerve wracking especially when just off a long flight and after having hardly any sleep.
Aside from that I would highly recommend this hotel.
Delightful atmosphere, wonderful servicefrom ireney
What a hotel!!!from Almondrops
The staff were extremely courteous and polite and efficient - nothing was a problem and the rooms are luxurious. The facilities were excellent as well, swimming pool, gymnasium, squash courts, and the grounds are great for that walk to blow away the cobwebs.
I have one suggestion for guests planning to stay here - check-in on time and either make the most of the facilites or soak in that bath and then relax in the warm ambience that this hotel exudes. Thank you again for a wonderful evening and we look forward to seeing you again very soon - even though we live only 12 miles from the hotel
we shall definitely be making the most of the promixity of this hotel for that special night.
Not goodfrom poppy399
Dont Bother !from A TripAdvisor Member
cramped, dark and dampfrom Veggiemel
1 - it had a bus service to the airport - which is infrequent and the timetable at Gatwick is incorrect so we waited 1 1/2 hours for our return transfer
2 - it had a swimming pool and jacuzzi, so we could start our holiday early - the jacuzzi was broken and the swimming pool was partly roped off for a toddler's swimming lesson
3 - the claims for the quality of the restaurant - very good wine list. A la carte good but the set menu was dull.
But our biggest concerns were:
- the lack of a main light made it difficult to find your way around the room before an early morning flight - consequently we left stuff in the room
- the rooms were a long way from the entrance and consequently not ideal for travellers with a lot of luggage (depriving us of one of the advantages of staying in an airport hotel overnight)
- the bathroom was damp and smelled awful
- this coupled with the overwhelming smell of glue coming from repairs being made in the hallway and the ladders we had to navigate our way around to get to the far flung corner in which we were housed ensures we will NEVER use this hotel again
Normal Airport Hotel!from AKS120
It is a bit in the sticks so you really need to eat at the hotel - there are 3 places to eat:
- a very posh and expensive restaurant (dress code) - not eaten there myself but it does look good.
- a brasserie style restaurant which serves a la carte or a buffet style dinner. The buffet looks quite good value - the a la carte is a bit hit and miss (I ordered a beef medallion which I asked for well done and it came medium rare - I had to send it back twice before I was satisfied - and the server was not best pleased!).
- there is a pub on site which is quite expensive for drinks but does sandwhiches and pizza - they are all nice (I recommend the steak sandwich!) - also note that this pub has a projector screen which shows football matches and rugby games etc.
- There is also a "hotel bar" - which is quite nice - think old leather chairs and cigars - again the drinks are pricey but you must remember you are a t hotel AND they are at london prices!
The hotel is massive - be aware of that if you cannot walk far - ask for a room closer to the recption - they seem to be able to give you one if you request it. I have been upgraded a couple of times to the club rooms and I would thoroughly recommend them - you get free soft drink and pastries from breakfast. There is also free internet access with these rooms. The club rooms are nicely decorated and modern and the bathroom is marble and very clean. Well worth the extra money as the standard rooms are looking a little dated and dark now.
In the standard rooms be aware if you are put in one next to a fire door - they bang all night with people coming and going!
The staff are not the most helpful - especially in the brasserie but the place is clean and tidy.
The leisure facilities are a small walk to an outside building - it is actually a Dragons Health Club and there is a pool and the usual gym equipment. I found the gym quite small and dark - there is also a bar here which serves snacks and sandwiches and may be another option if you dont want to dine in the restaurant!
I hope this helps - in summary - if you can try and get a club room - and dont lose site that this is an airport hotel and it is a busy one!
Wonderful Hotelfrom kbq
the states. June 2005. Very classey hotel about 10 minutes for Gatwick
airport. They even have a shuttle bus that will take you to and from the
airport. We stayed in the family room which had comfortable beds and
great room service as well as two restraunts on site. They also have
a swimming pool, sauna/steam room and small store on the property.
Friendly staff and excellant service. We booked our room on priceline for
a great price! About half of what they charge. Would definately recommend staying here
if your looking for a hotel near the airport.
A world away from the standard airport hotelfrom CircusMM
Our service was a bit of a mixed bag. Though the shuttle was slowing in meeting us at the airport, it was perfectly orchestrated for our departure the next morning. Though the dinner server seemed a bit grumpy, the host and chef were delightful and eager to please. You get the idea.
Much of how you will receive this hotel depends on your expectations, it seems. If you stay for free, as we did, I'm sure you'll find it QUITE the bargain!
Top Local Tips for London
Courtesy bus Book this as soon as you arrive as it can get busy and you dont want to miss you check in time or have to fork out for a taxi
Great service to and from Gatwick Airport We paid £2.50p each way for the shuttle bus to Gatwick Airport, it picks up right outside the hotel and drops you off close to the terminal buildings.
Leave the hotel to eat If you're a family - go to Crawley Leisure Park. It is about 10 mins from the hotel and has all the family favs - Nandos, Frankie and Bennies; TGI etc
Other names for Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel
- copthorne london gatwick hotel crawley
- copthorne london gatwick crawley
- Address: Copthorne Way - London - England - RH10 3PG - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel
- Ramada Plaza Gatwick Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Hilton London Gatwick Airport Hotel Gatwick, England Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- Gatwick Airport Premier Lodge Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Ibis London Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Express by Holiday Inn Gatwick Crawley Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Alexander House Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 4.3 km / 2.6 mi
- Langshott Manor Hotel Horley, England Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Premier Inn Gatwick Airport Central Hotel Gatwick, England Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- Le Meridien London Gatwick Hotel London, England Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- The Corner House Hotel Horley, England Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport Hotel Horley, England Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Gravetye Manor Relais & Chateaux Hotel East Grinstead, England Distance: 6.7 km / 4.2 mi
- Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel East Grinstead, England Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Ramada Gatwick East Grinstead Hotel East Grinstead, England Distance: 6.2 km / 3.8 mi
- Stanhill Court Hotel Horley, England Distance: 8.4 km / 5.2 mi