Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments, London
Reviews - Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments
Read 500 additional reviews of Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in London
Historical Traveller Reviews of Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments
A Gem!from marinemother
The Only Place You Should Stayfrom rebeccamcc007
We got a fantastic rate of just £99 through Superbreaks AND this made no difference when we arrived at the hotel.
We caught the first train to London and arrived at the hotel 9.30 on a Saturday morning but we were shown to our room immediately.
To be honest, because we had booked at a discounted rate, we expected this to be reflected in the standard of our room. How wrong could we have been!!
The room had views of Green Park, was a good size and most importantly was clean - a rarity in London these days - visit Le Meridien Piccadilly or the Hampshire if you doubt my words.
As with all hotels its the little details that matter - a nightly turn down service and a card left on your bed with the weather forecast for the following day!!!
If you are looking for a hotel in Central London that dedicates itself to customer service then look no further and book your stay at the Athenaeum and if you're lucky you'll find yourself sharing breakfast with a movie star. We did!!
From now on, whenever we stay in London, it will be at the Athenaeum.
HOW A HOTEL SHOULD BEfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Fabulous weekend spoilt by an over zealous front officefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The meal in the restaurant was excellent and the al a carte menu represented reasonably good value. Shame the truffles didn't arrive with the coffee when it was taken in the bar. The bar by the way was excellent and the member of staff absolutely superb.
However, a thoroughly enjoyable weekend has been spoilt by an ill judged decision on the part of the hotel to make a charge for mini bar items to my visa card after my departure, something I only discovered when my credit card account arrived, and this despite my having advised upon departure that we hadn't used the mini bar. A letter and three telephone calls were required before my account was credited for the mischarged items and even then an apology for the inconvenience hasn't been forthcoming.
I have stayed in many hotels, over many years, in many countries, but never have I had experience of a hotel that charges your credit/debit/charge card after departure without your prior consent. This is just not acceptable and I would certainly expect much better of a hotel with five red stars which prides itself on the quality of its personal service.
Great hotel, but watch out for the short beds!from A TripAdvisor Member
Such a comfortable Placefrom Lucy
We had a fabulous evening meal in the hotel restaurant, it was perfect in every way. All in all a comfortable stay, with friendly staff, who couldn't do enough to help. We will no doubt be back (we will check that the room isn't an ajoining room next time though!)
Wonderful place to stayfrom Englandish
The best in townfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I stay in London on a regular basis and will be making this my home...
Wonderful Stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Professional, comfortablefrom JCW
Top Local Tips for London
Townhouses and apartments Often they have sofa beds. When travelling with a family the cost of head reduces and the value increases. Often they have all the facilities of a hotel rather like the Athenaeu.
Room upgrades We stayed in London for 2 nights in different hotels. We managed to get upgraded from standard rooms to an executive room, and an executive suite in both hotels. The secret to this is simple. Just ask if there is any possibility of a room upgrade, you must be very polite and not snobbish or talk down to the reception staff!!!! I also sent a polite request via e mail before we went. It made all the difference to our stay and we had a fantastic time.
Car service The Athenaeum offeres a car service so you dont need to wait in line for a black cab or go to the ATM to change money. You simply book the room and the car at the same time and the car fare appears on your bill when you leave - easy.
Other names for Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments
- athenaeum hotel apartments
- Address: 116 Piccadilly - London - England - W1J 7BJ - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments
- The Ritz Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton London Green Park Hotel London, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Flemings Mayfair Hotel London, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Washington Mayfair Hotel London, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- InterContinental London Hotel London, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Mayfair Radisson Edwardian Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Stafford Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn London Mayfair Hotel London, England Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Dukes Hotel London, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Lanesborough Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Dorchester Hotel London, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Brown's Hotel London, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Connaught Hotel London, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Cavendish London Hotel London, England Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi