Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel
Reviews - Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel
Read 186 additional reviews of Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Leicester
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel
Rather soulless, a bit tatty, bad location, you can do better for the pricefrom coopuk
It has to be said that the hotel is an awkward position - right in the middle of a roundabout with 3 lanes of traffic - and trying to access it in rush hour was not pleasant. There were no signposts on joining the roundabout to indicate how to get to the hotel - the best way it to go to the inside lane and stay there, driving round until you eventually find the slip road off the roundabout to the hotel.
Once off the roundabout, you have to park in an NCP car park opposite the hotel. This isn't immediately obvious, and a sign indicating that as you drive in would have been very useful.
From the outside, the hotel is nothing to write about - just a rather drab 70's style tower block. The surrounding area is very drab and tired as well... not a promising start.
The reception is clean and spacious, and very welcoming. Staff were very friendly and efficient - checkin was quick and with no problems. When I needed directions to go into town, the staff on the desk were EXTREMELY helpful - I cannot fault them!
The room I had was on the 8th floor - an executive room with two double beds. Very spacious, and the beds and chairs were comfortable. However, there were a number of niggling things wrong with the room:
- tired, rather grubby carpets
- large ripped hole in the screen sheet at the window
- hairs from the previous occupant in the bathroom (!)
- table light not working
- incredibly old and noisy air conditioning, and I mean REALLY noisy - there is no way anyone could sleep with that going!
- telephone with half of the pads missing
- tired paintwork throughout the room
- very small television, considering it was supposedly an executive room
- old and obsolete fittings in the bathroom
The room did offer internet access (£15 for 24 hours), which was useful. I also went down to the pool; it is more of a family pool, not very deep, and more suitable for children than for swimming. There is a jacuzzi and sauna avilable, as well as a small gym.
It wasn't dreadful, but on the other hand it wasn't that good either. It wasn't the kind of place that made me think, "the next time I am in the srea, I will try and book in here". A combination of location plus the state of the room means I am unlikely to return.
- central to Leicester
- good pool for kids
- decent bar area
- poor room standard in my opinion
- not easy to get to via car
I think you can do better in the Leicester area for much the same price.
I was disappointed to read that our facilities did not meet our usual high standard and would ask that you contact me with the specific room number so that I can ensure we can take remedial action.
Shabby Innfrom linc82
I don't expect much in a hotel, but I do expect it to be clean, and my room was dingy. The bathroom had once been white, but now gray. The towels were torn and thin. I was excited about the hot pot in the room until I opened the lid and found it dirty inside with lime scale. The provided china was only relatively clean. There was a hair (not mine) on the pillow. Overall, the room was worn - I got the distinct sense that people had been there shortly before and left their mark. I don't consider myself picky, but for the price I certainly wouldn't stay here again.
I was disappointed to read your comments and apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.
I will be contacting you directly to get further details and ensure we take action so that the cleanliness issue does not reoccur.
There are some reviews on this site regarding the food/ situation of hotel (on roundabout)/ size of gym and pool.
Admittedly I have stayed in hotels which provided better evening meals (breakfast was great), hotels where you dont get as much traffic noise and hotels which have better leisure facilities BUT............
let's be honest here - there are certainly not many 3* hotels in abundance within walking distance of the City Centre. I have stayed in three other hotels in Leicester and the Holiday Inn is the best of them all.
So all in all if you have to stay in Leicester I would certainly recommend this Hotel for the following reasons :
- the staff are excellent and extremely helpful
- the rooms are clean and comfortable
- the bar area has a bit of atmosphere about it
- it's location is great for access to the city centre
I have mentioned the staff and when I wanted anything NOTHING was ever too much trouble. The reception staff seem well organised as express check-outs were always correct/ newspapers always delivered each morning etc etc....
Also if you are going to stay for a sustained period of time sign up to the Priority Club membership - some good benefits.
A word of warning though if you have a car parked in the NCP - be extremely carefull not to leave anything on view as break-ins are a regular occurrence.
It is always refreshing to hear comments such as yours and please rest assured they will be communicated to the team.
Uninspiring Processfrom CloudCottage
High Speed Internet Access is provided in all guest rooms and both wired & wireless access is available in the public areas.
Does exactly what it says on the tinfrom Phil01895
Worth staying infrom NB1957
We appreciate your comments regarding access to the hotel and can assure you that guest safety is our utmost concern. The city is undergoing constant regeneration and we will ensure that your comments are fed in to the process.
This place is a convenient, friendly, DUMPfrom dde0apb
The location is on a traffic island next to an NCP Car Park. This meant that when I wanted to open the window because the room smelt musty it was too noisy. The basin was stained brown. The food for breakfast was very very average. The internet connection was 15 quid, and when asked if I had had a good stay I told the nice receptionist that I thought it was a rip off she said they had no choice since that's what the supplier said that had to charge. Well change your supplier then.
I would much rather stay here than on a park bench. But I would much rather stay in most other hotels in this price range than the Holiday Inn Leicester. I paid the same for this as the City Inn in Birmingham, and the Radisson SAS in Liverpool. There is simply no comparison.
alright stillfrom lexman
Good Price, friendly stafffrom MandyNW
All in all, a bargain. This place is ideal if you're on a budget, is of a good standard, with friendly staff etc. Would come again if I needed to visit Leics with friends. Wouldn't use it for a romantic break, as it isn't special enough for that, and if I were on business I'd want my company to stump up for something a bit swankier than this, but perfect for the weekend I was on.
Oh dear...from noonie
Top Local Tips for Leicester
Dull, dull, dull Leicester railway station is awful - soulless and dull. Get in and out of there PRONTO
Car Parking Book car parking with your room booking, save some cash over the NCP standard charge.
Twin Lakes If you have young children twin lakes is a real hit, Cheap and fantastic and even if the weather is bad there is still loads under cover.
Other names for Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel
- leicester holiday inn
- holiday inn leicester
- Address: 129 St Nicholas Circle - Leicester - England - LE1 5LX - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel
- Ramada Leicester Hotel Leicester, England Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Belmont Hotel Leicester Leicester, England Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Premier Leicester Hotel Leicester, England Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Regency Hotel Leicester, England Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Hilton Leicester Hotel Leicester, England Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Days Inn Leicester Hotel Leicester, England Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Westfield House Hotel Leicester, England Distance: 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
- Rothley Court Hotel Leicester, England Distance: 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
- The Mountsorrel Hotel Loughborough, England Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
- Quorn Grange Hotel and Restaurant Loughborough, England Distance: 11.4 km / 7.1 mi
- The Hunting Lodge Hotel Loughborough, England Distance: 12.8 km / 7.9 mi
- Quorn Country Hotel Loughborough, England Distance: 12.1 km / 7.5 mi
- Ramada Loughborough Hotel Loughborough, England Distance: 15.9 km / 9.9 mi
- Best Western Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club Lutterworth, England Distance: 17.4 km / 10.8 mi
- Best Western Hermitage Park Hotel Coalville, England Distance: 18.3 km / 11.4 mi