The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne
Reviews - The Grand Hotel
Read 288 additional reviews of The Grand Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Eastbourne
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Grand Hotel
Perfect getawayfrom blackmill
Turned up the next day and certainly wasn't disappointed. The welcome was first class (even though a wedding reception was about to start). The room was fantastic - huge and brilliant seaviews.
The evening meal in the garden room was reasonable value at £35 a head.
Breakfast was above average for a buffet style breakfast.
Unfortunately the weather was poor so we couldn't spend much time on the beach. However, the kids used the leisure facilities and kids club and had a great time. In fact the kids have asked us whether we can go back every year!!!
t stay at the Grand Eastbourne if you are under 80from FionaAdams
Jaded Grandeurfrom Fadadoo
The bathroom however was very clean and quite new - plenty of towels and cosmetics.
The continental breakfast was very good but the cooked breakfast was similar to any other much cheaper hotel's breakfast that had been left under heated lights for an hour or so.
We did find the staff generally helpful especially the health club staff who were very cheerful.
We paid £235 for a superior room for a treat but thought this very bad value for money.
We think this hotel would be great for a special function (wedding etc) - but stay up the road in one of the cheaper hotels for B & B - it will be better value.
Excellent hotel with superb stafffrom daviduk
Bad after tastefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Menu in the Garden restaurant very poor, having chosen a La Carte the food was not very special at all, only 10 diners but we poured our own wine. Rooms rather shabby and although they knew it was a special birthday no attempt made to put a fresh flower in the room or make the stay extra special. Very disappointing.
Car parking difficult, a family with a baby had to park across the sea front road, not easy when you have to load up lots of baby bits and pieces.
The billing totally incorrect, they had to change it prior to departure and today we have received an additional bill!
Not up to 5 star rating. Not good value for money, wish I had not chosen it for our special event. A great pity as all the ingredients are there, some excellent staff, good facilities and prime position on the sea front.
A bygone charmfrom eurolondoner
The whole experience was wonderful!from Sheila-McGee
Great Escapefrom A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel had a great attitude to all its guests, we found it was a good place to escape from London for a weekend and I personally think it's less hectic than the Brighton Grand. TS
Staff were extremely friendlyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The only problem was parking such a large hotel and parking spaces are limited however this was not a problem as the concierge if full would park your car for you.
Overall a brilliant hotel and great place to stay with children, would most definately stay here again.
I have stayed at 5 star hotels around the world and have never stayed anywhere quite as bad as this. I often go on golf weekends through Golf Breaks where we have stayed in 3 star hotels that are far better than this. Its a shame I didnt take any photos of the rooms to post on this website.
On the plus side the gym and indoor pool were great. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Top Local Tips for Eastbourne
Eastbourne and Beachy Head Stroll along the beachfront at Eastbourne for a step back in time - beautiful pier with restaurant, large bandstand for concerts. Drive or walk the couple miles to Beachy Head and stroll along the cliff tops for an absolutely beautiful and breathtaking view of the white cliffs, the English Channel and the lighthouse.
Confusion Don't attempt to drive in Eastbourne, unless you are going straight along the coast, without a map, sat nav, or excellent instructions. Your route is likely to take in some surprisingly small roads,. and there is a large unbuilt up area in the south-west to wind around.
beachy head This is a chalk of 165m above the sea. They say is the highest in UK. Once you has climbed it (it will take like 45min) there is a lovely charming pub on the as well as a visitor center.
Other names for The Grand Hotel
- eastbourne grand hotel
- Address: King Edwards Parade - Eastbourne - England - BN21 4EQ - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Grand Hotel
- Premier Inn Manchester (Heaton Park) Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 353.3 km / 219.6 mi
- Premier Lodge Manchester North Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 354.1 km / 220 mi
- Westlynne Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 352.3 km / 218.9 mi
- Park Inn Manchester Victoria Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 349.4 km / 217.1 mi
- Lowry Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 349.2 km / 217 mi
- Premier Inn Manchester (MEN Arena) Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 349 km / 216.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 348.9 km / 216.8 mi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manchester City Centre Manchester, England Distance: 348.8 km / 216.7 mi
- Premier Apartments Manchester Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 348.8 km / 216.7 mi
- Renaissance Manchester Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 348.9 km / 216.8 mi
- City Inn Manchester Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 348 km / 216.3 mi
- The Victoria and Albert Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 348.9 km / 216.8 mi
- Ramada Manchester Piccadilly Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 348.3 km / 216.4 mi
- Jarvis Piccadilly Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 348.3 km / 216.4 mi
- Campanile Manchester Hotel Manchester, England Distance: 348.9 km / 216.8 mi