Hilton Dartford Bridge Hotel
Reviews - Hilton Dartford Bridge Hotel
Read 259 additional reviews of Hilton Dartford Bridge Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Dartford
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Dartford Bridge Hotel
Hilton price, Travelodge standards (maybe)from ABC1234Kent
- Queue for check-in - 10 mins. Staff offered nothing except the check-in process and the room card.
- We paid a bit extra for a 're-furbished' room. The room was basically identical to a Travelodge or Comfort Inn. In fact probably not as nice. Furniture had doors that did not fit properly. Carpet had a couple of stains. Bathroom was clean but very old looking. TV was old (not flatscreen etc). Room just looked cheap and dated. I don't really know what the refurbishment involved but it really can't have been more than a lick of paint.
- There is no mini-bar or fridge in the rooms. We asked for an ice bucket to be sent up as we had a bottle of wine we wanted to keep cold. 30 mins later no sign so I phoned again. They had forgotton and promised to send one up. 20 mins later they phoned and said they didn't have any......I said could they just bring up some ice then so we could put it in the sink. Nothing happened.
- The next morning we went down for breakfast (served until 10.30am). We arrived at 10am and were told we had to wait for a table. There were LOTS of tables free, but not enough staff to clean/prepare them. We had to wait until 10.45 to be seated.
- There were no glasses for the juice (had to wait). There were no plates for the food (had to wait). The food itself was quite good.
- The breakfast restaurant seemed to be ridiculously under-staffed, they were doing their best.
- Upon checking out, we were not asked if we had a pleasant stay, I guess the reception staff don't fall into thet trap!! and who can blame them?
As I stated before, we are not complainers, but I will be writing to Hilton. Some of the above are obviously minor things, but when they all happen together during a one night stay, it says a lot about the hotel. Personally I'd stay at the Travelodge, at least you (probably) get what you pay for! I'm really surprised that Hilton are prepared to have their reputation damaged by neglecting one of their hotels so badly.
Convenient staging postfrom smjak02
Arrived about 11.30 on Saturday night. Whilst dealing with me the receptionist issued 3 parking passes delaying my check in. Mind you perhaps the guests asking for them could have waited.
Upgraded to refurbished room with space, a desk, a nice couch and a comfortable bed. Bathroom fine too.
Ordered Room Service breakfast. Unhappy to find the hanger uncollected in the morning. However this was solved quickly with order being taken and delivered within 20 minutes.
Parking was advertised as being chargeable but we weren't charged.
Worse than you can imagine, The worst Hotel on the Planetfrom Traveller027
1. On arrival I was send to a room with the Phone and Internet not working. I did complain but the "duty manager" told me , " I cant fix it mate, there is no maintenance people here mate". I thanked him for that.
2. I wanted to order room service on the 24th so I walked down to reception , who had not one clue what to do, and I ordered some food. The food was fine.
3. Christmas day: One to remember. I arrived home at the hotel (after a nice family Christmas dinner) into what I could only describe as a war zone. The hotel was out of control. There were no managers to be seen. I think they (plural?) were hiding. The reception was full of litter (yes I mean litter EVERYWHERE BINS OVER ET AL.) The Hotel was out of control. I mean drunk loud rowdy people and intimidating.
4. I went to my bedroom to escape: IT WAS NOT MADE UP. (I left at 1030 am and arrived back AT 2000hrs) There was no HOUSEKEEPING service whatsoever undertaken in my room. I complained at reception (against all the turmoil) and was moved to a different room
5. I then went down to ask for some wine (What one may expect?) But good for Hailton a Dutch student on work experience took control and closed the bar. At last some presence. If it was not for that schoolboy I wonder if Hilton would have a hotel left! The managers (?) hid.
6. 26 th December, internet now working in a new room (good good) I ordered room service (as no restaurant). They delivered some food and no cutlery! I at this time gave up. I put the food outside the room . (Of course yes I paid for it). I could not be bothered complaining.
7. The worst complaint of all, On check out I made these points and was told again that the General Manager was unavailable. I was told he would write to me. He did not. After manny complaints they offered me a free meal at the Dartford Bridge Hitton ! Highly Unlikely
Tired and Dated Rooms, Hilton on the outside but not on the inside!from North78
v goodfrom Kevinliverpool6969
basic for a Hiltonfrom HeathersDad
Hotel was Fine with just two problems !!from stora
I was her guest and when we arrived and went to our room it was fine.
Large double room, clean with a view over the Dartford Bridge but good sound proofing as you could not hear anything.
Clean bathroom with nice toiletries and plenty of hot water.
The first problem was when we went to dinner.
It was one of there party nights and the starter and sweet were fine but the main course was awful so whoever the chef was that night ought to be ashamed.
It consisted of two potatoes ( not roasted just browned ) which I swear was frozen, a slice of turkey wrapped around undercooked white ?? stuffing four carrot slices with a wrap of someting around them and the same with four pieces of small sweetcorn done the same way.
A little bit of gravy but not enough to try and get it down as it was all so dry , no fresh vegetables and just awful.
also the waiters and waitresses could do with a bit more training as they were serving from all angles which included leaning across people and spilling drinks.
They could also do with more staff in the bar as at times one person was trying to serve 50 people plus and until they drafted in one extra to help.
Rest of the night including the disco was fine.
Breakfast was excellent so I cannot believe it was the same chef with plenty of choice which was refilled often with more tea and toast always on offer.
Problem two at check out as our room was paid for and they tried to charge us again.
So sack the chef on Saturday night AND GIVE THE JOB TO THE ONE THAT COOKED BREAKFAST ON SUNDAY and people would enjoy the whole thing.
Avoid unless absolutely necessaryfrom PeripateticPoleaxe
Only if you really need to go therefrom Maximus.Zac
I arrived with my family composed by me, my wife and three childrens aged 12, 4, 1 and booked two connecting rooms.
Although I am Hilton Honors Diamond member I have not been upgraded and found the overall assistance quite poor (we arrived with several luggages, nobody was helping us).
I did not have enough time to see the entire premises but in general hotel is on average considering the price paid.
A little bit disappointed about the fact that newspaper is not complementary and room not enough refurbished.
Room itself is not exciting at all. Good location for business man but away from the village and anything else necessary to survive.
Family Value for Moneyfrom countrybird
Easy train links into London and ideally situated to travel into Kent. My children enjoyed the pool, overall good value for money.
Top Local Tips for Dartford
Getting to see London Do not even think of driving in London. Used local company (Night Time Cabs) to get from hotel to Dartford railway station - £4.00. Took train to London - £9.20 return and included all travel on Tube. Took taxi outside Dartford station back to hotel - cost £8.00!
roads study the map before you go
Taxi to Bluewater Make sure you get the number for the taxi firm the hotel use as they charge a set fee of £4.60 to go to bluewater where as other firms can charge around £10/12
Other names for Hilton Dartford Bridge Hotel
- hilton international dartford
- hilton dartford
- dartford hilton hotel
- dartford hilton
- Address: Masthead Close - Dartford - England - DA2 6QF - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Dartford Bridge Hotel
- Express by Holiday Inn Dartford Bridge Hotel Dartford, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Campanile Hotel & Restaurant Dartford, England Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Ibis London Thurrock Hotel Grays, England Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Thurrock Premier Lodge Hotel Purfleet, England Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Rowhill Grange Hotel and Spa Dartford, England Distance: 5.6 km / 3.5 mi
- Holiday Inn London Bexley Hotel Bexley, England Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi
- Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel Bexleyheath, England Distance: 6.5 km / 4 mi
- Best Western Manor Hotel Gravesend, England Distance: 10.3 km / 6.4 mi
- Brandshatch Place Hotel Longfield, England Distance: 10.5 km / 6.5 mi
- Novotel London ExCel Hotel London, England Distance: 16.7 km / 10.4 mi
- The Bull Hotel Sevenoaks, England Distance: 16.7 km / 10.4 mi
- Best Western Bromley Court Hotel Bromley, England Distance: 17.3 km / 10.8 mi
- Travel Inn Sevenoaks Maidstone Hotel Sevenoaks, England Distance: 18.2 km / 11.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Maidstone Hotel Sevenoaks, England Distance: 18.2 km / 11.3 mi
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, England Distance: 18.6 km / 11.5 mi