Ramada Plaza Gatwick Hotel, Crawley
Reviews - Ramada Plaza Gatwick Hotel
Read 246 additional reviews of Ramada Plaza Gatwick Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Crawley
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ramada Plaza Gatwick Hotel
Good Air Con for a British Hotel - But that is about it!from A TripAdvisor Member
We also only had enough towels for one and had to call down to reception again, told to wait until they could ask housekeeping! Surely two people staying in a room needs to have two lots of towels, again the attitude was not pleasant.
All in all not a good start to our holiday and for a four star hotel and the price we paid was not to a 4 star standard and so therefore we will not be staying again.
Great start to a holidayfrom GalleyBayBride
The bar staff were polite and efficient and the meal in the bar was nice and not too expensive considering we were staying at the airport.
Check out was also quick and efficient. This is a nice friendly hotel and we would stay here again.
no room despite booking!from 1mat
Excellent Airport Hotel!!!!from CT
Food was very nice. Facilities were good. The service we recieved from all members of staff was excellant.
Its only a 5 minute drive to the secure long stay car park at the north terminal.
Whenever we fly from Gatwick we will use the Ramada!
An OK airport Hotelfrom Seany72
Better than the average airport hotelfrom Rosiesmum
Lovely Hotel - great facilitiesfrom Plumstead
The room we had was lovely and spacious (normally the family rooms are cramped). We ate in the restaurant and had a lovely meal, although it was expensive, as are most London hotels (even those of us that were born and bred in London find the prices far too high).
What really clinched it for us were the leisure facilities. Having a relaxing sauna and swim after a long drive and before a long flight was heaven. The pool was great and for most of the time, my family and I had it to ourselves.
We are going to use this hotel again this and next year.
Wake yourself up!from A TripAdvisor Member
Rooms are above average for an airport hotel and come with a range of guest ammenities but the only problems we found was the air conditioning was quite noisy and the pillows were awful (they were like bean bags!)
We left at some ungodly hour to get to the airport so didnt use the restaurant but we did have a drink in the bar which was a typical hotel bar - overpriced and unfriendly and we also had to wait a long time to be served our £3.30 pints!
Now these are all little things, however my main concern is that when i called down to reception for a wake up call as a back up to the alarm on my phone, the operator took ages to answer, didnt sound like he knew what he was doing and i swear it was the same guy working behind the bar! My main concern is that we didn't get the wake up call we ordered and the receptionist at check out said there was no record of it either. Considering they are an airport hotel that has people coming and going at all hours, a missed wake up call could mean ruining someones holiday.
Overall it wasnt too bad - i probably would return but next time i'd make sure i brought my own back up alarm clock!
We would stay there again.from 5goldenhills
This hotel is reasonable. Sometimes the staff are nice.
Wouldn't recommend eating anything at the bar - expensive rubbish, in our opinion that is.
I ordered some nachos
- the waiter brought them over and said that they didnt have any guacamole or sour cream or the chunky tomato relish (whatever its called). So he gave me packets of vinegar and tomato sauce (both of which I hate).
- when I bit into the paltry amount of nachos they were soft and rubbery.
- I called the waiter back and said that apart from the fact that there was no sauce with them they were stale and could he take them back, I didn't want them. He said "the chef won't like that". I couldn't believe it! I said I dont care I dont want them. He took them away but didnt look happy.
- he returned a moment later with the nachos and said "they are ok now". I said "why what have you done to them?". He said "the chef has put salt on them, they will taste fine now".
- I said "I don't want salt on them, how can they be fine when they taste stale and theres no sour cream etc. and I dont like vinegar and ketchup?" He said "there is nothing wrong with vinegar or ketchup".
- It was so unbelievable I laughed, surely he couldn't be serious? yep he was.
- Well as you can imagine by this time I had had enough, so had my husband who told him to go away and take them with him. He went, eventually, still arguing with us though.
What ever happened to the customer is always right!
However, even so...
The rooms are a reasonable size, they are clean, the airconditioning works although its a bit noisy.
The swimming pool is clean and warm.
Sad to say it, but out of the ten or so hotels we have stayed at this is the best so far!
Ramada Plaza - Close to Gatwick Airportfrom AndrewP123
Top Local Tips for Crawley
multi roundabouts and a lovely pub Make sure you plan your journey carefully as in Crawley there are lots of roundabouts and it's easy to take the wrong exit. Take care when driving in the heavy traffic there. Go to the beautiful villages outside Crawley. I drove to the Star Inn which is a charming old pub situated in Horsham Road, Rusper, West Sussex RH12 4RA which was excellent and about 7 miles from the Ramada hotel. Lovely reasonably priced food, nice friendly helpful staff and quality drinks (I didn't drink the ale as I was driving but it looked great !).
Other names for Ramada Plaza Gatwick Hotel
- ramada plaza gatwick
- ramada hotel plaza gatwick
- ramada hotel crawley
- ramada crawley
- crawley ramada
- Address: Tinsley Lane South - Crawley - England - RH10 8XH - United Kingdom
Hotels Near Ramada Plaza Gatwick Hotel
- Express by Holiday Inn Gatwick Crawley Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Gatwick Airport Premier Lodge Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Ibis London Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Ifield Court Hotel Gatwick, England Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Copthorne London Gatwick Hotel London, England Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Hilton London Gatwick Airport Hotel Gatwick, England Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Premier Inn Gatwick Airport Central Hotel Gatwick, England Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Le Meridien London Gatwick Hotel London, England Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport Hotel Horley, England Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- The Corner House Hotel Horley, England Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- Langshott Manor Hotel Horley, England Distance: 6.2 km / 3.8 mi
- Stanhill Court Hotel Horley, England Distance: 6.2 km / 3.8 mi
- Alexander House Hotel Crawley, England Distance: 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
- Gravetye Manor Relais & Chateaux Hotel East Grinstead, England Distance: 8.8 km / 5.5 mi
- Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel East Grinstead, England Distance: 9.2 km / 5.7 mi