Britannia Hotel Coventry
Reviews - Britannia Hotel Coventry
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 307 additional reviews of Britannia Hotel Coventry at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Coventry
Historical Traveller Reviews of Britannia Hotel Coventry
Worst hotel I have ever stayed at including my poor student travel daysfrom CdnTravelGirl
My colleagues and I all agreed that this was the worst hotel any of us had ever stayed in. When you pay almost nothing for a hotel, you expect it to be run down and dirty, but when you pay over £100 in COVENTRY of all places, this place is an outrage.
I have even officially complained to the hotel.
DO NOT STAY HERE FOR ANY REASON
worst hotel I have ever stayed infrom A TripAdvisor Member
Staff were average, the bar area disgusting, room was dirty sink broken with very old fibreglass hardware which was delaminating. Tiles in the bathroom were in very poor condition and the whole bathroom was a health hazard.
I did not eat there as if the kitchen was anything like the rest of the hotel food poisoning would be a definate.
Do not stay here.
s Worstfrom Philomela
desserts tasteless in dining room; my room had warped, torn linoleum on bathroom floor; neither hot nor cold faucet worked on tub; spout was broken off, leaving a jagged piece.
don't stay here
Royal Britannia Coventry avoid at all costsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Limited blankets and heating off after midnight on a very cold night. Blankets smelt awful and unwashed. Glad to get out of there!
The Pitsfrom Mallypoo
It is a shame because right down to the Head Porter(had cross keys on his lapel)who was decked out in a blue uniform and top hat to match we are offered this crap,please read this and act accordingly, book elswhere there are some nice hotels in Coventry and this City has so much to offer
xmasfrom A TripAdvisor Member
It was awful. The food was under cooked, the organisation was hopeless. I felt so sorry for the staff who were pleasant and tried hard. I think everyone thought the same so they never hastled the staff that I could see. The food was under cooked and xmas day evening buffet was well short for clients. The organisation was hopeless. Next year I think we shall stay at home.
Pleasantly surprisedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We were very pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and welcoming and appeared to be newly decorated. It had the facilities of hairdryer, tea/coffee tray, trouser press, TV and telephone. Bathroom/toilet were clean.
We did not use the dining/breakfast facilities so can't comment. Staff very polite and helpful.
Altogether, a good deal.
Most disgusting hotel the the UKfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I have contacted Trading standards about this hotel. It is not a 3* hote. I have stayed in nicer 1* hotels
Do not stay here even if your life depends on it.
Find somewhere else to stayfrom capitalcountdowners
If you do decide to stay here (why?) then you get a good deal on parking, you exchange your car park token at reception for a minimal charge.
Shopping in Coventry is excellent and the reason we were there. People in the town were very friendly and there was a great exhibition on in the old Cathedral.
We ate at Flames, near the precinct, very clean, lovely staff, reasonable prices although quite a limited menu. Evening meal was at Dogma, it's a pub/club type venue, once again quite a limited menu but excellent food, nicely served, good prices and friendly staff.
We had a great time in Coventry and it's definitely worth a visit but find somewhere else to stay. Please note, this is not a criticism of Britannia hotels in general as I stayed at the Britannia's Docklands hotel and couldn't fault it.
One Of The Worst Hotels In UKfrom KEWGARDENS
Top Local Tips for Coventry
Wall to wall shops The shopping in Coventry is really good .The Cathedral was spectacular.
busses you need to have correct change before you get on the bus. they don't give any change. It costs £1.30
Good chinese We went to the My Chinese restaurant, just around the corner from our hotel. It was contemporary, had a nice menu. service was good and the cost was reasonable.
Other names for Britannia Hotel Coventry
- coventry britannia hotel
- Address: Fairfax Street - Coventry - England - CV1 5RP - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Britannia Hotel Coventry
- Hotel Leofric Coventry, England Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Brooklands Grange Hotel and Restaurant Coventry, England Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Premier Inn Coventry-A45 Hotel Coventry, England Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Ansty Hall Hotel Coventry, England Distance: 9.6 km / 5.9 mi
- Coombe Abbey Hotel Coventry, England Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Novotel Coventry Hotel Coventry, England Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Quality Hotel Coventry Coventry, England Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Hilton Coventry Hotel Coventry, England Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- The Brandon Hall Hotel Coventry, England Distance: 7.5 km / 4.6 mi
- Stoneleigh Park Lodge Hotel Coventry, England Distance: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
- Travelodge Rugby Hotel Rugby, England Distance: 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
- Clarendon Hotel Redcar, England Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Warwick Arms Hotel Warwick, England Distance: 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
- DeMontfort Hotel Kenilworth, England Distance: 8.9 km / 5.5 mi
- Best Western Weston Hall Hotel Bedworth, England Distance: 9.3 km / 5.8 mi