Travelodge Bristol Central Hotel
Reviews - Travelodge Bristol Central Hotel
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 239 additional reviews of Travelodge Bristol Central Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bristol
Historical Traveller Reviews of Travelodge Bristol Central Hotel
Filthy rooms and unhelpful rude stafffrom wonda
The girl working at reception was the rudest, most unhelpful person I have met.
The rooms were filthy - with sanitary towels and used cotton buds on the chairs and dresser.
I would certainly never stay in this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone.
Not Bad!from Jojo35
The room was ok and as expected for a Travelodge. My room faced the main road and due to the hot weather I had the window open. This proved a bit of a nightmare as numerous buses were pulling up outside and were very noisy. There was no bath and a shower only. This did not affect me as I am not keen on baths in hotels anyway.
I had breakfast the following morning at a cost of £7.50. This was very steep for what it was. The breakfast was buffet style and was not the best quality but did the job. Would recommend walking into town to get better quality at a cheaper price. The coffee machine was out of order and a kettle situated on the counter in its place along with sachets of coffee etc. I felt this was a poor show for the price.
The hotel is a few minutes walk from bars resturants etc so is idealy placed.
Not a bad hotel overall but I suppose it depends on what you pay for it. It is typical of what you expect from a Travelodge.
Would stay here againfrom eem_87
The only thing wrong with this hotel is that there's nowhere to leave luggage, which meant we had to carry our bags around with us all day.
This hotel is only a travelodge so don't expect it to be 5*!!! But for £21 a night you can't go wrong. We'd definatley stay here again.
Not very good hotelfrom Cybersafety
I had disabled room 228 and there were quite a lot of problems with it some of a serious safety nature.
The window handle was missing so the window couldn't be opened, the water in the basin, bath was only luke warm and the shower water was freezing with no way of making it hot. The shower control was so stiff it was nearly impossible to turn off so it dripped constantly.
Worse, somebody had cut the safety cord about an inch from the top of the ceiling so if a guest got into difficulties there was no way of getting help in the bathroom.
When I tried to get out of the bath the rail nearly came away in my hand, the fixing point was cracked around the tiles and it had clearly been like this for a long time as there was dirt in the cracks.
The bathroom floor was grubby and so was the chair and carpet in the room.
There was only a limited menu in the bar, I often find this with Travelodges, they seem to suffer a lot of kitchen problems. The breakfast was OK but pricey.
I definitely wouldn't stay at this particular Travelodge again, the only decent one is in Worcester which is relatively new.
Avoid like the Plaguefrom ak0995
Good for a cheap overnight stayfrom sam1983
Stay Away!from vittel31
Avoid this downmarket hotel.from Canoldir
ok- would recommendfrom ael0d
Stayed for 1 night.
Good central location.
Room OK - clean, plenty of towels/pillows, tea making facilities, tv and more importantly quiet.
However, no left luggage facility and unhelpful staff.
As it worked out less than £9 each- can't complain.
Awful, avoid if you canfrom Meanioni99
The reception staff were not particularly friendly either.
I slept OK - bit noisy. Would not stay here again.
Top Local Tips for Bristol
Car Parking Dont forget to add car parking at £7.50 to your hotel stay cost as this may make your stay more expensive than other hotels (there is a much better hotel opposite the hotel ibis)the car parking is not guaranteed either so if you have paid on the night of arrival and say go out to dinner come back and there is no parking then hard luck there is a nice ncp opposite at £13.10
Hatchett Great pub food nearby towards the city centre, in the older area of the centre. Loads of restaurants nearby but were a little souless in the new development.
Way out there stuff. There is a long hill called Park Road that goes up from the river that is just full of amazing shops for clothes and other cool gear. Also up there is an amazing cafe called The Boston Tea Party.
Other names for Travelodge Bristol Central Hotel
- travelodge bristol central
- travelodge bristol
- Address: Anchor Road - Bristol - England - BS1 5TT - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Travelodge Bristol Central Hotel
- Jurys Bristol Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Bristol (City Centre) Premier Lodge Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Brigstow Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Thistle Bristol Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel24seven Bristol, England Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel du Vin and Bistro Bristol, England Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Ramada Plaza Bristol Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Novotel Bristol Centre Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- City Inn Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre Bristol, England Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Best Western Victoria Square Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Rodney Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- The Avon Gorge Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Berkeley Square Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi