Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
Reviews - Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bristol
Historical Traveller Reviews of Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
Brilliant valuefrom Debrooks
Incidentally Bristol is an excellent destination for children - loads to do (SS Great Britain, the Industrial Museum, Clifton Suspension Bridge and the best hands-on Science Centre we have visited).
Good premises spoilt by very poor servicefrom Ralpha
The restaurant (which I only use for breakfast) is very pleasant and the breakfast choice and quality is excellent. Food in the evening is very hit and miss (more miss than hit) and overpriced. The bedrooms are very comfortable and the bed and bathroom linen is luxuriosusly good. But because of the service failures, I only go there to get some more Reward points rather than in expectation of a wholly enjoyable experience.
one night stayfrom ilovecornwall
This seems that although the hotel wants family,s in for weekend breaks,they don't actually want to make them welcome.
We have made several complaints about this since,but todate have still not had a reply.
close to Bathfrom MissPigi
The area itself seems to be very industruial. There is some shopping a few blocks from the hotel. We never found any good restaurants to report about, sorry.
The best thing about this hotel is that it is only a 5-10 minute walk to the train station. In 15 minutes you can be in Bath, which is really quite lovely.
All in all, I would stay here again ( have to , my company pays for it). But if you have a choice as where to stay, look around , you may be able to do alot better than this property.
t mind the traffic noise outsidefrom jihyun
I liked the room I stayed as they were recently renovated but the bathroom wasn't too great or clean. But for the price you pay I thought it was a steal. When I found out how much they really charge for the deluxe room at the hotel, I nearly fainted because it was so cheap!
The only problem was that all the rooms face the road so the noise outside could give you a sleepless night. I had the heater going all night to block some of the noise out and it worked.
Looks like a multi-storey car park but actually quite goodfrom sbishop
s a lovely hotel.from sandpiper
1. Clean hotel and rooms as that of a 4 star hotel should be.
2. Had dinner in the Bar and the hamburger was great !!
3. Pool facilities were very good and clean
4. Had no problems with the 3 lifts as mentioned in another review.
5. Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of choices.
Not so good points :
1. NCP car park @ £7.50 per nite. Not comfortable with leaving my car in a public car park. Best to park it on the far left hand side as you come up the ramp as some rooms have view to this side of the car park.
2. The air con was noisy in our room. Sound was on par with a dish washer noise. Had to turn it off at night.
Overall a good hotel if you are happy to park in an NCP car park.
Quite good actuallyfrom hardpack
t fault it !!from Lorelei3
Everything about this place was just right. The rooms are extremely clean, the staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant turns out decent food too.
I would strongly recommend a stay here. The exterior isn't very attractive but the interior and quality of everything makes up for a poor facade.
In summary - the best 4 star hotel I have stayed in for a long time.
What a great hotel!!from maccaz39
Top Local Tips for Bristol
Dining Walk through the park following the river (or take river taxi), cross street to cobbled thoroughfare. Lots of lovely restaurants and definitely recommend 'The Shed'. Really good value and a wide menu. The swordfish was perfect and I'll be going back to sample more dishes!
Not a nice town With the exception of the hotel's front desk we did not receive any good service in Bristol. Locals were rude and confrontational. We didn't feel safe at night and pubs and restaurants could not cope with the volume of people on an average Saturday night. Every venue had staff who were lazy and lacked attention to serve customers.
Nightlife Head to the waterfront for nightlife, oceanic great club, go to the 80's section, if your into all that. its great.
Other names for Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
- marriott bristol
- bristol marriott
- Address: 2 Lower Castle Street - Bristol - England - BS1 3AD - United Kingdom
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Bristol Marriott Hotel City Centre
- City Inn Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Novotel Bristol Centre Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Thistle Bristol Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Bristol (City Centre) Premier Lodge Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel du Vin and Bistro Bristol, England Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Brigstow Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Ramada Plaza Bristol Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Jurys Bristol Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel24seven Bristol, England Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Best Western Victoria Square Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Berkeley Square Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Rodney Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- The Avon Gorge Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Bristol Filton Hotel Bristol, England Distance: 6.3 km / 3.9 mi