Grand Yazici Mares Hotel, Marmaris
Reviews - Grand Yazici Mares Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 196 additional reviews of Grand Yazici Mares Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Marmaris
Historical Traveller Reviews of Grand Yazici Mares Hotel
Location locationfrom oilrig
Located between Marmaris and Icmeler but not isolated - a pedestrianised beach path to both areas made the position perfect. The bus stopped outside the hotel to both areas every few minutes.
Rooms were of a good standard and very clean, outdoor restaurant had wonderful views but the lobby, lounge and inside restaurant were big very clean but just lacked ambience.
Only problem was no airers or ironing boards in the room and reception couldnt help
Food was very good especially at breakfast
Entertainment was lacking when we arrived but increased on the 1st June - guitarist some afternoons and a singer in the outside bar in the evening. Not the greatest entertainment but if you want loud music and 'Butlins' entertain then go to Marmaris.
Very Dissapointedfrom leaandhe
4. My daughter cut her foot in the baby pool which was not cleaned the whole week we were there 5. There was hardly any entertainment on a night we were in bed for 9.30 for 4 nights on a trot (we were told in the brochure there was entertainment each evening) This was not to be on 16 June as apparently this is still mid season and entertainment doesnt get going properly until high season (great we missed it by a week!) After complaint after complaint we were finally moved to the next hotel up which was classed as a 4* hotel with much better entertainment on an evening. I think the most dissapointing thing for us was the entertainment because we had paid all inclusive we didn't want to go out on an evening and pay for drinks in other bars when we had paid so much to stay there. Overall I would say it is better for adults than children.
Fabulous hotel, gorgeous scenery.from tulip
I doubt I would enjoy this hotel if it was in mid summer and packed to capacity as it would probably be quite crowded and much too hot for me. We stayed in the 2 bedroomed villa. It was clean and comfortable. Our bedding and towels were changed very frequently.
We were all inclusive. The buffet restaurant served lovely food, we were really impressed with it but best of all was the pizzaria open 12noon til 5pm, the food there was excellent. Going in low season meant a lot of things had closed early, there was no a la carte restaurant or beach bar and they didnt serve snacks at the pool bar as advertised but we were happy as it was uncrowded and quiet.
Our kids loved the waterslides, both pools are lovely but FREEZING COLD. I can imagine this wouldnt be a problem in high season but it was a bit nippy for us. We were very lucky with the weather as there had been a terrible storm before we arrived and it rained again as we departed but for 7 glorious days the sun shone.
There are no wrist bands to wear you just sign for everything and you pay at the end if youre half board or not at all if youre all inclusive. Imported drinks are extra and cakes and icecream at the cafe are extra too. fresh orange juice is also extra.
Efes beer, Turkeys own brew and the red wine were excellent.
It takes about 1 hour to walk into the centre of Marmaris and about half an hour to walk to Icmeler, Icmeler is really lovely and its good to haggle at the market, one good thing about going at the end of the season is theyre positively giving it away! Yes, many bargains, Asda price, apparently.....
One drawback is that the sun goes down behind the mountain quite early at this time of year, about 4pm and then 3pm when the clocks went back yet the whole of Marmaris bay on the other side got the sun until about 6pm. It cools down a bit in the evening as well during Oct low season so take your cardi!
I would definately reccommend this hotel. Tip: If anyone is searching for reviews some people just describe it as the Mares.
Beautiful Location, Good Hotel, Food OKfrom MaryGH
The hotel is situated in a beautiful location, the views from the all the bedrooms and main areas is unbeliveable. The accommodation is of a high standard with the bedrooms being of a good size, well furnished and cleaned each day.
All of the hotel staff were friendly, helpful and polite: They helped to make the holiday an enjoyable experience.
The only downside was the evening buffet. Unless you were in the dining-room early, the cooked dishes could be lukewarm, with high demand dishes not being replenished: Not what is expected of a five star hotel.
Despite this, I would recommend the hotel to all categories of traveller.
nice hotelfrom mellin
Real 5 star Quality Hotelfrom brianvickers
We could not fault the staff, from the waiters to the beach towel man, they couldn't do enough to help you! The buffet restaurant was good with a varied menu and good choice every day.
Positioned half way between Marmaris and Ichlemer, its in a perfect position to get away from the noise of Marmaris. You can walk along the beach front promenade to either town , in about half an hour. A perfect oasis of calm to return to!
Beautiful Viewsfrom VicNeil
We went Half board and the selection at the restaurant buffet was great.
If you do get a chance though do try the seafood restaurant on the beach. The setting made the meal.
Overall we thought this hotel was excellent value for money, the waiters and hotel staff were all very friendly and great with kids.
I would definately recommend this hotel which is in a great location and easy walking distance along the promenade to both Marmaris (turn left out of hotel) or Ichmeler (turn right).
Excellent !!from BLUELAGOON1
First classfrom RFuk
The location is splendid with what must be some of the best views in Turkey.
The staff are friendly and efficient. The hotel and rooms are very well equiped and clean.
The food at the various resturants within the hotel is first class and well presented.
We can recommend hiring a private boat and crew from the port for a day or two, visiting the small coves and coastal villages in the bay. The cost of this including lunch was very reasonable and they will pick up and drop off at the hotel.
The town with its shops markets and nightlife are a short taxi or Dolmus ride away but far enough away from the hotel not to intrude.
Fabulous Foodfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The location of the hotel is ideal for those preferring peace and quiet but only a 10 minute taxi ride from both Marmaris and Icmeler when shopping and night life are on the agenda.
The restaurant food was wonderful. There was so much choice and the quality was first rate.
The number of tourists in Turkey was very low compared to previous years and this was reflected at the hotel in that one often had the adult pool to oneself!
I found the all the hotel staff cheerful, friendly and helpful.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and intend returning there myself next year.
Top Local Tips for Marmaris
Turkish Bath We tried one on the outskirts of Marmaris, on the recommendation of the hotel trip organiser,( nicknamed Apache - ouch!) It cost 20TLire each and that included transport. We had two glorious hours of sauna, steam, exfoliation massage, foam massage and finally, oil massage ALL for a tenner apiece !! It was a perfect way to spend a cloudy morning....
Safari Safari trips are fun ,but negotiate on prices with diffrent agents
taxis if there is a few of you its easier to get a taxi than a dolmus...remember to haggle or youll get ripped off!
Other names for Grand Yazici Mares Hotel
- grand yazici mares icmeler
- grand yazici mares hotel icmeler
- Address: Pamucak Mevkii Ýçmeler - Marmaris - 48700 - Turkey
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Grand Yazici Mares Hotel
- Sultan Palas Hotel Dalyan, Turkey Distance: 34.4 km / 21.4 mi
- Mintaapart Hotel Dalyan, Turkey Distance: 35.5 km / 22.1 mi
- Sedir Resort Hotel Dalyan, Turkey Distance: 37 km / 23 mi
- Poseidon Hotel Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Hawaii Hotel 2 Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Royal Maris Hotel Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Kaan Apart Hotel Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Aqua Hotel Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Maritim Hotel Grand Azur Bodrum, Turkey Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Papa Beach Hotel Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Club Green Nature Hotel Alanya, Turkey Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Laguna Hotel Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Green Abacus Hotel (Ex Sarba 6 ) Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- Grand Cettia Hotel Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Otel Turunc Hotel Marmaris, Turkey Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi