Hotel Ipek Palace, Istanbul
Reviews - Hotel Ipek Palace
Read 590 additional reviews of Hotel Ipek Palace at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Istanbul
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Ipek Palace
Istanbul !!! Ipek Palace!!from Girlzzz
We went with totally three girls. The main reason we have chosen Ipek palace is the combination of price and location. It is in the near of the mosques, train, metro and you can walk to the sea and take a bosporustour. The people of the Hotel are very nice and whenever you want something they will always help you. The service, location is more important than the wide of the room. If you want to stay in a comfortable hotel with good service than i can advice Ipek Palace. It is the second time i was there and i will come back soon.
worst hotel Ive stayed infrom kathinturkey
couldnt speak any english who put a towel on my bed and offered to move the bed. Insisting on another room, we were given a shoebox twin
rooom on the top floor, promised that the next day we would have a better room. I had to insist on this room the next night being given no apology and unfriendly service. Beleive me, we wish we had paid an
extra 10 euro a night for a better hotel closer to Sulthanamet.
Be treated like a Sultan at the IPEK PALACEfrom Monynowsh
Hagia sofia is a five minute walking distance as is the great grand Baazar, Sirkeci station is handy as you can get the tram everywhere around for cheap.
the staff are helpful and pleasant, they offer you tea and coffee they try their best to make you happy and they chat with you about life in istanbul. They have a great knowledge of the area and can advise you accordingly
I would go back and I recommend everybody to go there. the bedrooms are small, but theres so much to do in istanbul that you dont need much space!
The bathroom was very clean and new towels given daily,
The roof top restaurant has a view of the whole city and all its attractions,
A special mention to the following staff at the hotel who made our stay even more pleasent Osman, Firat, Genam, Thanks for all your help
Monz and Nowsh
Excellent Hotel!!!!from Martine1982
Greetz from Martine and Lilian!
A Very Good Hotelfrom Ebru_x
The place was very nice and close to shopping centre and bazaar.
The view is beautiful. The Hotel has a authentic atmosphere. The food was very nice.
The accommodations where very instructive. The Hotel is also nearby the historic places, mosque endocardial.
it's worthed to go Istanbul and to stay at Hotel Ipek Palace.
Not up to European Standardsfrom jetsetter27
First The Good:
-The AC in our room was operated by remote control and worked very well, the room would be cool in less than 5 minutes.
- The staff were friendly
- Centrally located within walking distance of all major sites inc. Grand Bazar, Spice Bazar, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, etc
-Just a block away from the tram stop so easy to get to from the airport
-The Hotel could do with an extreme makeover it feels old,dated and tired both the decor and the building itself. Our room was small and had an old wardrobe which i was afraid will tip over if i hung more than a couple of things in it.
- The carpet seemed dirty so i kept my sandals on at all times while in the room.
- We were there for 4 nights and every day we got towels with holes
- the shower pole was loose so if the water pressure was high it would come off its rail.
- TV's reception was terrible only about 3 channels were visible, all the other ones had a lot of static. That said all of them were Turkish ones so its not like we could understand them anyway.
- The most annoying thing was that as you might know from visiting other Muslim countries, there are speakers strategically positioned all around the city that call people to prayer 5 times a day. Right outside the hotel stands a tower with speakers that broadcast praying chants everyday at 4:45 am... they were loud and they woke us up every night!
Anyone planning to visit Istanbul should know that the city is big, loud hectic and very chaotic. We would have enjoyed having a nice place to rest and relax in between all the siteseeing and this hotel didn't provide that for us as we felt that we wanted to spend only the most strictly necessary time in it.
If you have a bit more cash to spare stay at one of the well known global chains where you know what standard to expect or look for one of the big chain names in the Taskim area.
Great Hotel in lovely positionfrom ceylin
Would not recommend it. Find other good reviews hard to believe.
Location was good.
sooooooooo coolfrom cyberwendy
the staff is so helpful and pleasant, they offer you tea and coffee they try their best to make you happy and they chat with you about life in istanbul.
I would go back definitely and I would recommend anybody to go there.
the bedrroms are small, but theres so much to do in istanbul that you dont need much space!
Hotel Ipek Palacefrom baris
Top Local Tips for Istanbul
Cicek Passage cicek passage is a place in Taxim where fish restaurants and alot of bars exist
easy to go airpot From this hotel you can easily go to the airport by using public transport.You do not have to give too much to the taxis
Avoid Istanbul taxis Istanbul has great public transport system. Use it. Taxi drivers overcharge, becoming rude if you complain and drive like lunatics.(and imagine this is told by a Greek).
Other names for Hotel Ipek Palace
- ipek palas istanbul
- ipek palas hotel
- Address: 9 Orhaniye cad - Istanbul - 34110 - Turkey
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Ipek Palace
- Hotel Centrum Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 10.4 km / 6.5 mi
- Hotel Orsep Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- The Metropol Hotel Istanbul, Turkey
- Orsep Royal Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Prince Istanbul Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Sapphire Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Yasmak Sultan Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Agan Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Golden Horn Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Celal Sultan Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Albion Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Hotel St Sophia Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Ottoman Hotel Imperial Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ambassador Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Nena Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi