Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski, Istanbul
Reviews - Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 341 additional reviews of Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Istanbul
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski
Ciragan Palace Rules!from lemonlady
Nothing specialfrom Toine05
The rooms that face the front are nice because you have view at the Bosporus, however the rooms in the back face the street, which is very noisy, stinky, and unpleasant - be aware! If you like to sleep with an open Window, forget the "Street" rooms.
The room is quite dark and the furniture is not very appealing or luxurious (I saw quite a few of the rooms and none of them had very nice furniture). Some of the Suites have phantastic view - but in terms of the room, they are nothing special either.
The breakfast is great - try to book a rate including breakfast or it will be very expensive.
The gym is very nice with state-of-the-art equipment.
The pool is outside on the terrace next to the Bosporus, which is nice. Unfortunately, I was in Istanbul in November and did not get to swim as it was 0°C/32F... However, the pool is heated in the winter.
Fantastic Resortfrom garcon
Swimming beside the Bosphorus...from A TripAdvisor Member
The particular highlights: completely reliable/responsible/dependable staff for both business and touristic planning; the phenomenal breakfast spread; the ultimate: a swim in the pool alongside the Bosphorus.
Golden Days Over Herefrom hobnob30
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great location and common spaces - beware of plumbing issuesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Just wonderful! Just wonderful!from A TripAdvisor Member
I am a rather casual traveler who sometimes is intimidated by formalities, however, the staff at this hotel was as welcoming as any place I have ever been. My every wish was taken care of and with wonderful smiles and warm personalities.
I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants the best. It is definitely the best! I will stay there again next year when I return to Istanbul.
Turkish opulence beyond comparefrom serendipit4
Ciragan is indeed a palace and we felt duty bound to sweep in an 'S' class Mercedes hired from our own hotel, the Ritz Carlton.
Imposing splendour, complete with sweeping driveway and a palatial fountain started our evening from what can only be described as another enchanted era.
Yes, it is very expensive, but in a reassuring kind of way!
The £200 meal ticket (including decent tip and very little alcohol) did not compare with the £30 Hamdi restaurant bill we paid later in the week.
But Hamdi's, for all its brilliance, is not a palace and does not have an all female band playing authentic Turkish instruments in the restaurant.. a highlight of the evening for me. Neither did it have a perfectly set table overlooking the Bosphorous away from the close proximity of other diners.
And the food? Well, a little bland for my palate, for me it was the exquisite ambience more than the actual menu that sold the Ciragan Palace.
The staff were quietly attentive in that old school 5* way, but not aloof or unfriendly.
Indeed we cheekily asked to see the Sultan's suite and another less pricey accommodation at the palace. We were duly obliged and oh my....!
The sultan's suite at 11,000 YTL per night was from another world. The private dining area with settings for 14 said it all!
Well this is the hotel group (Kempinski) that won the Emirates Palace contract in Abu Dhabi, so no surprise at their affinity for opulence.
How does it compare with Four Seasons? It's a palace not a boutique!
And Ritz Carlton? Well I'm biased and adore Ritz Carlton hotels but if I was Turkish, I would certainly opt for this tranquil haven that harks back luxuriously to another era.
Tip: This is in effect 2 hotels. Only the Turga restaurant and suites are located in the palace.
Go if you can!
PS As usual my photos do not bestow upon this establishment any favours!
The lighting is subtly atmospheric rather than plain dark! Sorry.
Top Local Tips for Istanbul
Local Food Just make sure when you are eating out for local food- compare prices in 3-4 places in the same area before you order. we found that this was very useful to do.
great dinner we had a wonderful dinner at aija palace hotel (on the other side of the Bosporus)
Other names for Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski
- istanbul ciragan palace kempinski
- ciragan palace kempinski hotel istanbul
- ciragan palace
- Address: 32 Ciragan Cad Besiktas - Istanbul - 34349 - Turkey
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski
- Radisson Sas Bosphorus Hotel Konya, Turkey Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Conrad Istanbul Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Spectra Istanbul Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Konak Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Hotel Dedeman Istanbul Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Swissotel Istanbul Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi
- Alzer Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Hilton Parksa Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Divan City Istanbul Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- The Ritz Carlton Istanbul Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Hilton Istanbul Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Germir Palas Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Gallery Residence Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Ramada Plaza Istanbul Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Hyatt Regency Istanbul Hotel Istanbul, Turkey Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi