Swissotel Zurich Hotel
Reviews - Swissotel Zurich Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: India
- Traveller type: Young Couple
Read 480 additional reviews of Swissotel Zurich Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Zurich
Historical Traveller Reviews of Swissotel Zurich Hotel
Great view, excellent locationfrom zuhayr
Excellent for stopoversfrom johnparker
Good-after the front desk....from A TripAdvisor Member
Also, upon our check out, we were charged almost $75chp for breakfasts, although they were included in our package. So, check your bill and don't just express check out.
Additionally, one of our group had her purse stolen from the hotel restaurant. Again, the hotel staff wasn't too quick to assist. The server wanted to put the wine away before he would talk to us....it was 9:30 in the morning!! Simply, just rude on his part. The purse was never recovered but a sign with a warning was placed up within minutes. The restaurant manager was kind enough to provide a cell phone to use incase we needed to call someone or be called by police. Unfortunately, when we went to use it the keys were locked and no one showed us how to unlock it.
Never the less, the rooms were clean. They had blow dyers and safes. Bell service and housekeeping service were good. We loved the location to the train and trams - which gave easy access to everything. The bar was nice, but expensive (which isn't unusual for a hotel bar). The pool area was good. The bed was comfortable.
I would recommend this place more for a business trip than a couple or family traveling. However if it's a quick weekend trip and you want easy access to all of Zurich it's good for the right price.
Nice hotel, great poolfrom Wayne-Gemma
Functional, no frills, just a place to sleep.from nancyandashesh
The best part: the fitness center on the 32nd floor. Amazing views from huge pool and jacuzzi. Dry sauna, wet sauna, rainforest shower with six showerheads, tiled lounge chairs.
Worst part: our key card kept not working. Especially irritating when dripping wet from the pool, standing in the hallway in your swimsuit, then having to go down to the front desk to have card redone in swimsuit. This happened several times, luckily only once in the swimsuit, but quite an irritant. Another bad thing: the 15 minute train or trolley ride into the city center. We didn't mind because we got such a cheap rate at this hotel, but next time, I'd prefer to stay in the downtown part rather than out here in the Industrial section of Oerliken. Won't stay here again.
Very, Very Good Hotelfrom arthurh
The hotel was also exceptional value and once again I must reiterate how helpful and pleasant all the staff were.
I travel and stay in hotels of all different standards for business, this was without a doubt amongst the best in its class, if not top of its class as a functional business/family hotel.
Will I stay there again? Without a doubt !!
Very good hotelfrom pinkmatty
Unhelpful staff, disgusting roomfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Pardon the frosty reception !from PIno32
Loved the view from the swimming poolfrom John074
Top Local Tips for Zurich
Gratuities Tipping is not a norm in Switzerland. The normal 15% - 20% in the US is extremely high for the Swiss. 5% is normally an accepted amount for really good service. Unlike the US, tips are not the primary earnings for wait staff and cab drivers, etc. and it is already part of the bill. We found out about this norm after spending more than $100 in tips within 5 days. Its no wonder that we found ourselves getting really good service after we signed the bill (help with putting on my jacket, etc.).
Boat Ride If you have not been to Zurich, take the boat ride on lake Zurich after a stroll down Bahnhofstrasse.
S Bahn Zurich does not have a metro system, but a wide network of trams and a suburban railway system to get around the centre of the city and to reach the surrounding districts. A 24 hour ticket is handy. You can buy it for different combinations of Zones. Zone 10, for example, is most of the central area and costs CHF 7.80 for 24 continuous hours and is not limited to a single calendar day
Other names for Swissotel Zurich Hotel
- swissotel zurich zürich
- swissotel zurich hotel zürich
- swissotel zurich
- Address: 44 Am Marktplatz Oerlikon - Zurich - 8050 - Switzerland
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Swissotel Zurich Hotel
- Sternen Oerlikon Zurich Hotel Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Ibis Zurich Messe Airport Hotel Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel Coronado Zurich Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Renaissance Zurich Hotel Glattbrugg, Switzerland Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- NH Zurich Airport Hotel Glattbrugg, Switzerland Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Novotel Zurich Airport Messe Hotel Glattbrugg, Switzerland Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Seminarhotel Unterhof Hotel Diessenhofen, Switzerland Distance: 34.5 km / 21.4 mi
- Hotel Krone Unterstrass Zurich Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Sorell Hotel Rigiblick Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Senator Hotel Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Hotel Rex Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Hotel Rigihof Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- X TRA Hotel Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Ibis Zurich City West Hotel Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 3.1 km / 2 mi
- Novotel Zurich City West Hotel Zurich, Switzerland Distance: 3.1 km / 2 mi