Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and Towers
Reviews - Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and Towers
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Stockholm
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and Towers
Not a 5 Star-Seriouslyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Thinking it was a 5 star of quality. To be honest i've stayed in better 3 stars.
Though the staff were very friendly,the rooms were spotlessly clean,it still wasn't a 5 star and for the life of me I dont know how they got the stars.
The accomadation is basic to say the least,the foyer is nice enough but the halls to the rooms were like something out of the 1970's with disgusting suspended ceiling tiles the type you'd see in an office complex.
Mini bar was outrageously priced €10 for a beer and €17 for a small cognac.
Again the staff were friendly,the location is excellent between gamla stan and the north of the city and is across from the Central Station.
Whjen arriving in Arland Airport,Stockholm dont get a taxi grab the Arlanda Express train and you'll be in the centre of town in 20 mins. lOOK OUT FOR THE SPECIAL OFFERS for train tickets.
Stockholm is nice,we had a great time but I wouldn't stay in this "5*" again.
Go for the Radisson instead!from cantwaittobethere
2) tried to charge us for someone else's bill! luckily we noticed this prior to checking out on their tv system, so managed to get it sorted.
3) reception staff although could speak perfect english (as can everyone is Sweden, which made me feel awful, as I only know a few Swedish words!) , were very slow and not very helpful.
We will definitely go to Stockholm again, lovely food, fantasitc city, everything within walking distance, just ace! I would go to the radisson hotel which is right opposite the train station, this way you can walk through the train station from the airport bus and there's your hotel, rather than having to drag your luggage round to the Sheraton!
For anyone who is going, do visit the tourist information centres, the girls are very helpful and also buy a stockholm card - this gives you entrance to nearly all of the attractions and this way you can save loads of money and spend it on the gorgeous food in the evenings instead! The boat cruises around the canel and Drottingholm Palace are a must and also a visit to Durgarden (sorry probably spelt wrong!) where the Vasa Museum and Skansen are - both a must. A lovely clean city and all we hope is that they start flying from Gatwick and the other airports, rather than grotty Heathrow!
Very friendly hotelfrom SORCEL
Terrible experiencefrom varvararodriques
If you are on business in Stockholm, DON't stay here. Horrible experience.
We had a room facing the courtyard. Although clean and comfortable, it was very basic - not my idea of 5* luxury. I have stayed in far better 4* (even 3*) hotels.
I only have a couple of minor gripes:
The hotel serves Afternoon Tea in the lobby from 3pm to 5pm. The tea was cold (as were the coffees throughout our stay) and the buffet was sparse. Definately not worth 110 SKR.
Be careful of the lift buttons on the fourth floor - none of us dare touch them as they gave us all static electric shocks.
Try out 'The Coffee Cup' in the main tourist street in Gamla Stan - a great place to grab a coffee and bagel!
Don't miss the changing of the guard at The Royal Palace.
Good all-rounderfrom Transatlanticgirl
Seemed good to mefrom simonerudd
Good location, good servicefrom maksis
Forget it !from nicknova
There are many much better hotels in Stockholm, try the Radisson Strand with a water view if you can - same price as the Sheraton and far more comfortable, stylish and enjoyable to be in.
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The building is older but the rooms are to a high standard and are furnished typically Swedish. The prices are expensive but then everything in Sweden is expensive (compared to the UK). Staff are nice and friendly and the breakfast and bar snacks are to the typically high Swedish standard.
My only gripe (and this is about a lot of big hotels) is they dont put tea/coffee making facilities in the room. If you want a cup of tea, bring a travel kettle!
Would not hesitate to use again or recommend to anyone staying in Stockholm
Top Local Tips for Stockholm
Arlanda Express or Taxi ? The Arlanda express is a great way to get from the airport to the city, very fast and clean. However if there are two of you there is not a lot of price difference between this train and taking a taxi. I loved the train but if you are unsure where you are staying the taxi might be a better bet because it will take you to the door fo the hotel. If there are three of you it is much cheaper to get a taxi of course.
Taxi wars Use black and yellow Transfer taxis to/from Arlanda airport They specialise in this trade and are up to 70 SEK cheaper than the other town taxis
Excellent neighbourhood restaurants Sabai Sabai, Thai restaurant - really cheesy interior, in fact, we would probably have looked in and thought no way, but it was recommended to us and the food was fantastic. Tranan, bistro style restaurant - quite simply, very good food. Both required a couple of stops on the Metro from the city centre, but definitely worth it.
Other names for Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and Towers
- stockholm sheraton
- sheraton stockholm
- Address: 6 Tegelbacken - Stockholm - 10123 - Sweden
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sheraton Stockholm Hotel and Towers
- Arcadia Hotel Stockholm Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Hotel Danderyds Gasteri Danderyd, Sweden Distance: 8.3 km / 5.2 mi
- Nasby Slott Hotel Taby, Sweden Distance: 10.7 km / 6.6 mi
- Radisson SAS Royal Park Hotel Solna, Sweden Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Park Inn Solna Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Best Western Taby Park Hotel Taby, Sweden Distance: 13.7 km / 8.5 mi
- StayAt Stockholm Hotel Kista, Sweden Distance: 10.7 km / 6.7 mi
- StayAt Stockholm Solna Hotel Solna, Sweden Distance: 6 km / 3.8 mi
- Hotel Brunnen Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Scandic Foresta Hotel Lidingo, Sweden Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
- Hotel Oden Stockholm Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Clarion Hotel Stockholm Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Ariston Hotel Lidingo, Sweden Distance: 6.7 km / 4.1 mi
- Lilla Radmannen Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi