Radisson SAS Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm
Reviews - Radisson SAS Royal Viking Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Stag/Hen Party
Read 808 additional reviews of Radisson SAS Royal Viking Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Stockholm
Historical Traveller Reviews of Radisson SAS Royal Viking Hotel
Wonderful but expensivefrom halopes
Other than that, everything was near perfection.
The location couldn't be better - right next to Central Station (perfect for travelling to the airport or catching the subway) and a few minutes walk from downtown.
Lobby architecture is wonderful. Breakfast was excellent. The room was not very big but it was very clean and quite cosy. The view from the 7th floor was beautiful.
The bar at the top floor is a must - although it may be difficult to grab a seat. Beer was awful, but I guess that's a Swedish problem.
Check-in was quick but there were some queues to check-out. Staff was nice and helpful.
I definitely recommend this hotel.
The Best In Stockholmfrom hollywoodken
The best part was the staff, especially the front desk. We had a number of special requests, and they fulfilled each very professionally and courteously.
I would not hesitate to return to the SAS Radisson.
Not the 5* it promised to befrom RobinEFox
That said, it was clean and comfortable, and the staff treated me with the respect and courtesy that one would expect in a hotel of this type.
I have rated this with 4* for above average, but I cannot say it was excellent.
Comfy if a bit stodgy, seems more a business hotelfrom mattkorey
I've also stayed at the Rival, and while its location is off the beaten path, I'm afraid it puts the SAS to shame and makes it seem like a total dinosaur. And it's not cheap either.
Excellent location and overall hotelfrom bardez
Excellent locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Hotel of a very good standard, but rather dated. Room was fine, and quiet. Ice makers on all floors - handy for the summer.
Staff on reception pleasant and efficient. Saw no queues.
All the usual satellite TV channels (including the appalling BBC World - why is this so poor, when the BBC in the UK is so good?).
Breakfasts good and varied, as you would expect, but horribly overcrowded and tables far too close together. Not exactly very pleasant.
A good hotel, but could be better.
s working.from skrosvik
Rooms are worned down, and needs an upgrade and renovation. Interior from the mid 80s I guess...You get the old Sheraton feeling when stayin in this hotel. Room provided with coffee/tea set which is very good. Satelite television with many international and national channels. The bed was very comfertable. After a long day of strolling around in Stockholm it is a pleasure to sleep in this bed. Bathroom little bit old, but working properly.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Right in the very city centre.
Overall a okey place to stay. I just wish Radisson could invest some money in upgrading and renovating the rooms, because they really need it.
pleasantly surprisedfrom bernieruane
Convenient Radisson Group Hotelfrom CX
Building is nicely decorated with an atrium in the midlle of the building.
- High end decoration in the room
- Lux bathroom and amenities (loved the orange scented swoer gel)
- Cleaness of the rooms
- Reception and coffee/bar area
- Arlanda Express station only a block away!
- Friendly staff - thenks to Lost And Found people there!
- Highspeed internet access only! by WiFi (get a WiFi card before going there!)
- 20Euro charge per day (this will be free for Frequent Guest as from September 1, 2005)
- Gym and Pool closed for renovation but the hotel site did not mention anything on this...
- If u call the reception u might have to wait 5 min to get an answer!
Overall a nice and pleasant stay...
Top Local Tips for Stockholm
Buy your ticket before boarding On both the buses and the undergound you need to purchase tickets beforehand from newsagents or the ubiquitous 7-Eleven stores.
Opinion Stockholm is a magnificent city and very walker friendly as everything is so close. For a city it has a wonderful feeling of being very spacious and relaxing and the people are very friendly and easy going as well as excellent English speakers. It is very clean and very safe.
Getting around Walk!
Other names for Radisson SAS Royal Viking Hotel
- stockholm radisson
- radisson stockholm
- Address: 1 Vasagatan - Stockholm - 10124 - Sweden
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Radisson SAS Royal Viking Hotel
- Nordic Sea Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Nordic Light Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Queen's Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Malardrottningen Hotel & Restaurant Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- August Strindberg Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Lilla Radmannen Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Radisson SAS Strand Hotel Stockholm Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Archipelago Hostel Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Lydmar Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Rica Hotel Gamla Stan Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Rygerfjord Hotel Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel Rival Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Ew Hotel Anno 1647 Stockholm, Sweden Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi