Esplendido Hotel, Port de Soller
Reviews - Esplendido Hotel
Read 213 additional reviews of Esplendido Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Port de Soller
Historical Traveller Reviews of Esplendido Hotel
Splendid Esplendidofrom TravellerFromLondon
Great hotel!from funrettig
Living up to expectationsfrom Oldmans
We were not dissappointed. We had a seaview room (no terrace) on the fourth floor.
Pretty much everything about the hotel was excellent:
- The staff were all very friendly, efficient and helpful in every area.
- The room was very light with great furnishings and a very comfortable bed. No bath but a very good shower.
- The sun terrace and pools were very good with a superb view across the bay. However, avoid the line of sunbeds directly below the infinity pool as we found we were getting wet as kids jumped in and out of the pool (on the one afternoon when the sun came out)
- The food was very good if a bit expensive. We ate in the restaurant on our first night and went out after that. There are some very good restaurants in the bay - we enjoyed Agapunto (left out of the hotel and right around to the end of the bay), Randemar (right from hotel , about 100 yards down) and the Es Faro (the lighthouse) where the food is good if expensive and the view spectacular. You will need a cab to get there even though you can see it from the hotel !!
- Breakfast was also excellent with as much choice as you could wish for. It was also very good quality.
Lookout in the hotel for the many small areas for seating. We especially liked the lounge on the fifth floor complete with record player and lots of old vinyl.
In summary, the Esplendido is an excellent hotel on all counts and we would not heistate to return.
The only down note was the weather, which was awful all over the Easter holiday. Also , if you want to get away from kids thne go during school time as there were quite a lot of children of all ages staying.
It is istuated toward the Soller end of the sweeping bay - worth knowing if travelling by car as it is about 50 metres from the end of the new one way system introduced after the opening of the tunnel into Puerto Soller. To get to the front door by car you have to go into Puerto Soller head to sea front and head back toward Soller. Nearest car park is about 150 metres along the road toward Soller ( ie about 100 m into the two way traffic section).
The hotel itself is crisp, stylish 50s chic and with a young helpful and very professional staff.
We had a sensational bedroom - a sea view terrace, with a couple of rocking deck chairs etc. The room was again light, clean with high quality bedding. Leaving the curtains open and waking to the sun and the sound of lapping waves on the beach just 10m in front of our terrace, with a view of the sea, lighthouse etc whilst laying in bed is refreshing. As a plus, the rooms have DVD/CD with a good sound system and free loan from a good stock of CDs and DVDs at reception.
Very good breakfast buffet.
To sum up - the hotel lived up to its excellent reputation. Our recommendation to potential visitors is that it would be a false economy to try and save a few euros by not paying for a sea view room - better still one with terrace. It would not be the same looking out of the back of the hotel at a near sheer cliff, in shade.
Perfect Weekendfrom Anne_V.T
The service was spot on throughout our stay, without being over the top or old fashioned.
Decor and comfort were great, both within the room and throughout the hotel.
We both had lunch and dinner in the hotel both days and to be honest would do the same when/if we return. Great quality and no need to go out of the hotel if you're just there for a weekend.
Great blend of modern decor whilst maintaining the original features. I really hope we get back there.
hotel on the portfrom docinphila
Great hotel in low seasonfrom Sandrunner
Wonderful breakfasts, great service, lots of facilities, including DVD and CD rental.
The only thing we would improve is the size of the televisions in the bedroom - hard to see at a distance.
We arrived by train and then tram - very civilised. However, cheaper (if there are more than two of you) by taxi.
Good location, facing beach.
Great views, esp sunrise.
Amazing boutique hotelfrom MayCottage
The hotel is clean, colourful, bright, comfortable - everything we were after. From the excellent breakfast buffet, to free internet access, huge DVD and CD library that were free to use, to the great staff, there wasn't anything that we felt could have been done better.
The pool setting was on the hillside behind the hotel with great views of the port from there - the top pool had amazing views and was lovely when there weren't kids there (naughty parents taking them there when it is supposed to be adults only!). The pool wasn't heated - but then who would expect it to be? And yes it was a bit chilly when you first jumped in, but you soon get used to it.
Ate in the restaurant twice and had the best meals of our holiday there. The tune is delicious, and they do the best-named dessert in the world - 'Super Flan'. Turned out to be Creme Caramel and was lovely!
We really can't speak highly enough of the staff. They are all really friendly and can't seem to do enough for you. And all amazingly good looking too!
Went to Palma one day on the tram / train and be warned to check the timetable. It looked to us as though there was a train back every hour, but we missed the 3.30 one by minutes and the next one wasn't until 7.30. Then we went to get the bus - again missed that by seconds and would have had to wait 1.5 hours for the next one - ended up getting a cab back. Could have been avoided if we'd been a bit more careful reviewing the train times - so be warned!!
Wasn't the cheapest holiday we've ever had, but for some TLC in a beautiful location, this is the place to come - and we'll definately go back to do it all again sometime.
Child-friendly boutique hotelfrom Joe104
Esplendido is situated on a busy road (the only road into the Port) but we were on the 2nd floor and heard little traffic noise. The road will be pedestrianised next year when the new tunnel into Port de Soller is complete, and this will make a huge difference. Directly across the road from the hotel is the beach which although not great, and partly covered with seaweed, is a pleasant spot and Esplendido provides loungers, umbrellas and towels. About 200m along from this area is a more pleasant, sandy beach also with loungers but we found this much busier.
On the hillside behind the hotel are 2 pools, the higher pool being for adults only, and several terraces with loungers and bar service. The hotel lift takes you to the 5th floor where a bridge connects with the pool area. This area has beautiful views but we found it a bit difficult with young children as there are lots of steps and several steep drops. Our main fault with the hotel was the pool - freezing cold and therefore a bit difficult to get children in. We asked about this and were told that there is no facility to heat it.
With regards to food, we ate in the Bistro several nights, found it child-friendly and would definitely recommend it. Port de Soller has numerous restaurants and we tried a few which were fine but less impressive than the hotel. Breakfast was adequate but average, unless you eat salami and cheese in the morning!
Overall, the hotel staff were very pleasant and generally helped where they could with the children. We would consider returning if the pools were heated at the fringes of the main season.
Great find!from goco
Top Local Tips for Port de Soller
lovely trip Take the tram to Soller.Lovely experience and great tapas when you get there.Also nice clothes shops!!
Hiring a boat Hire a boat from Nautico Soller (don't need license)
Tren de Soller From Palma, take the historic Tren de Soller to get the the city. On Staurdays, there is a farmers market! Enjoy...
Other names for Esplendido Hotel
- esplendido hotel soller
- Address: Passeig Es Través, 5 - Port de Soller - 07108 - Spain
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Esplendido Hotel
- Eden Hotel Port de Soller, Spain Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Aimia Hotel Soller, Spain Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Es Port Hotel Port de Soller, Spain Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Generoso Hotel Port de Soller, Spain Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Santa Maria Hotel El Puerto de Santa Maria, Spain Distance: 857.5 km / 532.8 mi
- Hotel Miramar Soller, Spain Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Porto Soller Hotel Port de Soller, Spain Distance: 37.1 km / 23.1 mi
- Suliar Palace Hotel Soller, Spain Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Madrid Hotel Port de Soller, Spain Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Soller Garden Hotel Port de Soller, Spain Distance: 1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel Marina Soller, Spain Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Ca's Curial Hotel Soller, Spain Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Ca'n Quatre Hotel Soller, Spain Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Finca Can Coll Hotel Soller, Spain Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Finca Ca's Sant Hotel Soller, Spain Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi