Riu Rincon Andaluz Hotel, Marbella
Reviews - Riu Rincon Andaluz Hotel
- Age Group:
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type:
Read 42 additional reviews of Riu Rincon Andaluz Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Marbella
Historical Traveller Reviews of Riu Rincon Andaluz Hotel
Great Value for Moneyfrom Elaine64
Good location, bring your own pillowfrom TDS0004
But, for those of you (like us) who want to see Spain on a budget, you're probably willing to give up a few luxuries.
Here's what we thought of the Riu Rincon Andaluz:
Location - Average
* Great if you have a rental car (book a head of time through --------- or --------- for great rental rates which include full insurance coverage). The hotel is located about a two minute drive from Puerto Banas (lots of restaurants & nightclubs) and five minutes from Marbella. 40 minute drive to Gibraltar, 45 minutes to ferry to Morocco, 30 minutes to delightful town of Ronda (oldest bull ring in spain) and 30 minute drive to the airport in Malaga. The hotel is located about three blocks from the ocean, but the beach area is small and more the rocky/driftwood type - not an area for swimming or sunbathing. The walk from the hotel to the beach is through a new development of luxury villas and hotels.
Restaurant - Above average breakfast (probably worth 15+ euro alone)
* We only ate breakfast at the hotel, which was included in the price of the room. Large dining area about equally split between smoking and nonsmoking. The breakfast is buffet only, but it is a fantastic buffet and is served from 8am-10:30am. They have five or six serving stations (large variety of cereals, breads, meats/cheeses, eggs, sausages, crepes, pototes...etc....just about anything you could want). And the buffet is constantly replenished, so even if you get there at 10:15am, everything is fresh or hot off the grill. The coffee is also pretty good.
* There restaurant also serves dinner and there is a large bar off the lobby and a second smaller cabana type bar near the pool - did not try any of these so unsure of the pricing and/or quality.
Room - Average
* We stayed in a standard room with a King sized bed (two twins pushed together with a mattress pad so you can't tell). Pretty basic room. Clean but no frills. The bed and pillows were both extremely firm, which we are not use to, so we awoke feeling pretty beat up every morning. We finally borrowed some soft pillows from our friends staying at the Puente Romano, and slept much better!! The room had both a ceiling fan (which was extremely loud and wobbled) and an air conditioner (which worked great). Small sitting area with loveseat and coffee table. Small balcony with two chairs and a table. In room minibar (which we emptied out and then used as a fridge for our own bottled water and sodas puchased at a local supermarket - much cheaper). Smallish bathroom, but great water pressure in the shower. Hairdryer provided. TV with 2 English channels (CNN & BBC News). No pay-per-view type movies available. No room service. Maid service provides laundry, drycleaning, ironing for a fee (1-4 euros/item).
Note: there are no designated "non-smoking" rooms at the hotel. (Spain is definately not a smoke-free country!!!! Be sure to take plenty of allergy & sinus medication with you if you're at all allergic to smoke). We requested a non-smoking room and were given a room in one of the newer buildings as it was the least smoky (right next to the chapel and center courtyard). The room smelled musty, but was otherwise ok...we would just air it out everytime we returned at the end of the day, and we kept the AC fan running for air circulation (would have used the ceiling fan but it was too loud).
Other Amenities (above average for the price):
* The grounds of the hotel are really nice - relaxing and pleasant. There is a small private chapel complete with stained glass, a small gift shop selling post cards/sunscrean/books/toiletries/etc, 2 nice swimming pools, plenty of sunbeds for sunbathing near the pool. No jacuzzi. Front desk has list of day tours you can sign up for (Gibraltar, Tangiers, Ronda, etc).
If you take your own pillow, this a great hotel for the price. Europe is currently VERY expensive due to the weak dollar, so saving on the hotel leaves you with more money to spend elsewhere! Expect to budget at LEAST $150/day for food for two people. We ended up spending about $10/day just on bottled water as restaurants don't serve water with meals and instead charge about 2 euro per bottle.
Super Christmas break !from A TripAdvisor Member
Staff exceptionally friendly and helpful and buffet meals of a very high standard, chefs continuously cooking in plain sight, both fish and meat, so very fresh, varied hot menu. the head chef commented that they cooked "with all their hearts" for their guests. Cold buffet length of our house (!) with all tastes catered for.
The Director was always on hand to check the smooth running and chat and be friendly with the guests.
Hotels of this quality in the area are much higher priced and we unreservedly recommend it as extremely good value.
This is the One. An Objective Review.from A TripAdvisor Member
Good valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Maybe we were lucky, but our room was clean and in good decorative order,was quite large with a good size bathroom and a balcony that overlooked a small square with orange trees growing in it.
We only ate breakfast here and that was quite good.
My only critiscm would be that the pool area gets very busy with not enough sunbeds available.
It's only a 15 min walk from the port, so no need for taxis.
I will definitely stay here again.
Lovely friendly hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good value for moneyfrom tgb1
Not worth the moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very important!!!!!! There is a motorway/dual carriage way right outside the hotel, its very noisy, goes 24hrs a day and takes an age for the taxis arrive as they have got to travel 2 miles past the hotel before they can double back to pick you up. This is refflective in the price!! Mind you they seem to charge you what they like depending on the direction of the wind! Think carefully if you want to stay here. If you dont take a taxi its a good 20 minute walk into the marina. In 35.c temp.
Ryan McItyre, Fife Scotland....
Wonderful Time !!!!!!from chikadee_7
Yes I admit the rooms could do with a lick of paint although we do not go on holiday to stop in a hotel room for hours every day, British just sleep in them and that's it.
The complex was beautifully clean and the maids cleaned the rooms thoroughly every single days, the pool every day etc,etc.
The food was out of this world weather you are British, Continental, Vegetarian whatever, salads, fruit, fish, meat, veg, cheese whatever you could wish for. The hot food was on the spot cooking with chefs waiting to cook fresh for you.
The bar prices were very reasonable for a hotel even the mini bar in the rooms were the same prices.
The myth over Puerto Banus is simply this, on the road a 15 minutes walk although not picturesque and the beach walk is 20-25 minutes although we always broke it up with a drink at a beach bar !!!
The sunbeds were always available and fresh clean towels provided every day from reception and the staff were very friendly.
The entertainment was outside for the singers but we just chilled in the quiet setting of the Drakes Bar with simple background music.
All in all a very enjoyable place to stay and for a fraction of the ridiculous prices quoted 10 minutes away at Banus, thoroughly enjoyed the whole time at Hotel Rincon.
Not a real Riu!from Spidie22
Moreover, we witnessed massive problems with people who experienced overbookings. People who book the Riu Ferrara and do not get a room there are being relocated to the Rincon Andaluz. So be careful in booking the (new) Ferrara!
The cockroaches who welcomed us in one of the most expensive rooms really cheered us up.
Top Local Tips for Marbella
Not in the centre of town If you choose this hotel, it would be best to have a hire car or taxi to get about as it's a couple of miles outside the centre of Marbella. Do not come here if you want to go from bar to bar - it's not in the location for that activity.
Party all night liong! Try Dreamers nightclub for early hour to late morning dancing and drinking!
Over-priced Don't go!
Other names for Riu Rincon Andaluz Hotel
- riu rincon andaluz
- rincon andaluz marbella
- rincon andaluz
- hotel rincon andaluz
- Address: Ctra. de Cadiz, km 173 - Marbella - 29660 - Spain
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Riu Rincon Andaluz Hotel
- Los Monteros Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Royal Romana Playa Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 9.6 km / 6 mi
- Marriott Marbella Beach Resort Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 17.4 km / 10.8 mi
- Club Pinomar Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Marbella Playa Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- El Fuerte Miramar Spa Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8.3 km / 5.1 mi
- Berlin Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
- El Castillo Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Don Alfredo Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Hotel el Fuerte Marbella, Spain Distance: 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
- El Gallo Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8.1 km / 5 mi
- Linda Marbella Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8 km / 5 mi
- La Morada Mas Hermosa Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 8 km / 5 mi
- San Cristobal Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
- Apartamentos Princesa Playa Hotel Marbella, Spain Distance: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi