Austrian Yard Hotel, Saint Petersburg
Reviews - Austrian Yard Hotel
Read 11 additional reviews of Austrian Yard Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Saint Petersburg
Top Local Tips for Saint Petersburg
I Can Thoroughly Recommend February in the Snow The WEATHER IN FEBRUARY. I read various comments suggesting that the winter is not a good time to visit, particularly if you plan to spend much time outdoors. However, we specifially chose to go when we had the best chance of experiencing a real Russian winter, and we were not disappointed. The city, and particularly the parks, were covered in a thick blanket of snow, the canals and rivers were frozen and, when the sun came out, the whole place looked like a winter wonderland. For anybody who is not afraid to dress up warmly and face the cold, I can honestly say this is the perfect way to experience this beautiful city. I know that we were very lucky with the weather - during our stay (14th-21st Feb) the temperature varied between -2? and -9? and it snowed heavily several times. We saw sunshine and blue skies on several occasions. WHAT TO WEAR? We all wore thermal long johns under our jeans, a thermal vest, a rollneck sweater,a gilet and a ski jacket. Plus good gloves, neck warmers/scarves, hats and, most importantly a pair of sturdy HIKING/SNOW BOOTS. These need to be waterproof and to have a very good grip/tread on them. It also helps if they are thermal and comfortable to walk for miles in! The pavements are treacherous – sheets of black ice (sometimes covered with a light dusting of snow) and lumps of frozen slush. Don’t be fooled by the local women who speed along in their stiletto heels –they have obviously had years of practise! In what we otherwise found to be a very safe city there is no doubt that the only obvious danger ones faces is the very real risk of falling on the ice. Do take care.
Folklore show Dont leave St. Petersburg without seeing the Folklore show, this is performed by Russian artist who really enjoyed what they do, they sing, dance, play instruments, is a must when you are there. There is a little refreshment in the middle of the show, with vodka, champagne and little snacks, but take in consideration that you will not keep the same seats after the intermission, only if one of your party stays there and keep the seats for you.
Hotels Near Austrian Yard Hotel
- Aurora Central Hotel St. Petersburg, Russia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel Nevskij Palace St.Petersburg St. Petersburg, Russia Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Grand Hotel Europe St. Petersburg, Russia Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Nevsky Hotel Grand Saint Petersburg, Russia Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Ave Caesar Hotel Saint Petersburg, Russia Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Acme Hotel On Malaya Morskaya St. Petersburg, Russia Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Angleterre Hotel St. Petersburg St. Petersburg, Russia Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Renaissance Saint Petersburg Hotel Saint Petersburg, Russia Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Art Hotel Trezzini Saint Petersburg, Russia Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Eurasia Hotel St. Petersburg, Russia Distance: 7.2 km / 4.5 mi
- Hotel Rinaldi Saint Petersburg, Russia Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Best Western Hotel Neptun St. Petersburg, Russia Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Regina Hotel St. Petersburg, Russia Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Druzhba Hotel Vyborg, Russia Distance: 277.6 km / 172.5 mi
- Best Eastern Avacha Hotel Petropavlovsk Kamchatsky, Russia Distance: 6093 km / 3786 mi