Estalagem Quinta da Bela Vista Hotel, Funchal
Reviews - Estalagem Quinta da Bela Vista Hotel
- Age Group:
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Funchal
Historical Traveller Reviews of Estalagem Quinta da Bela Vista Hotel
We were spoiltfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Beautiful place with views, wonderful service, relaxing atmosphere.from A TripAdvisor Member
We have visited twice now. Each time excellent. Nothing too much trouble. Come to Quinta da Bela Vista to relax & everone concerned with your stay, makes sure that you do.
My wife & I have visited each year with our elderly parents, the weather is warm & mild, the staff so kind & thoughtful. Our parents can really relax & enjoy themselves.
Incidentally we have booked again this year for the end of Dec & the New Year. The garden terrace must be the best view of one of the worlds largest Firework Display & it is in Funchal.
Quiet at the Quinta da Bela Vistafrom Annekay
The food was excellent and the waiters attentive and friendly without being unctuous.
The hotel is a ten to fifteen minute (4 - 5 euros) taxi ride from Funchal and there is a also courtesy bus several times a day. Madeira is a glorious island but the town of Funchal is not one of the jewels in its crown and the Quinta da Bela Vista is far enough away to give you clean air and quiet space to breathe it.
Our favourite hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
and service at the hotel.
The hotel is situated above Funchal with wonderful views of the harbour and is about 10 minutes from the town in the hotel minibus. The hotel is set in beautiful tropical gardens which offer sunny and shady places to walk and sit. The pool is quiet and peaceful and is serviced by staff who organise towels and ensures that the area is kept tidy and clean. The pool bar is available for drinks and light meals.
The hotel benefits from being relatively small resulting in excellent, very personal service. The rooms are beautifully furnished as are the lounges and public areas. The choice of restaurants and the quality of food is excellent, as is the service and help given by all the staff. We really felt like family guests. We have travelled all over the world and can say with confidence that this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in and a place where we will retun often.
Full of atmosherefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We have stayed in QdBV several times and we are thinking of going back again. The hotel is excellent. The Staff is so friendly and polite that it made us feeling at home immediately. The rooms are very comfortable, tastefully decorated and clean which by the way, applies to the entire hotel. If you wish to dine à la carte in the hotel book a table in the old original house, the Manor, where you can enjoy a delightful ambiance and a delicious dinner. Like to enjoy a nightcap in the evening?, sit outside the poolside bar and watch Funchal from a distance with all its illuminations and if you are lucky, see an illuminated cruiseship berthed alongside a quay. Before you go to bed walk in the garden and sniff at the flowers, they all have a lovely scent. Romance is in the air!
The hotel is a wonderful place to enjoy a relaxed and comfortable holiday.
The local population is very friendly. Have a coffee with them on one of the numerous cafe terraces in the centre of Funchal from where you can also watch the people passing by. Madeirians are proud of their island, after all there is only one Madeira and only one Quinta da Bela Vista.
A little Treasurefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Lovely Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The staff are absolutely first class and a credit to the hotel.
It was a pleasure to stay at the Quinta da Bela Vista.
5* luxury at 4* pricesfrom Roger7248
This good start continued all through our holiday. The service was excellent all through the hotel, from maid service to reception, to the restaurant and finally at the pool / gym area. This latter area provided those extra touches you don't always get. Poolside drink / food service, clean towels for every occupant on the sunbeds, and even help to move the umbrellas if the sun becomes too much.
The food is top class, from the excellent breakfast buffet (hot and cold choices) to the A la carte dinner. The Table d'hote restaurant was closed due to lack of guests in Maderia's off season (July / August!), but credit was given in the outdoor A la carte. We spent less than the credit!!
The hotel is situated on a long climb out of Funchal, but the hotel provides a timetabled minibus for those who don't fancy the exercise.
Maderia is not for those people who want 24/7 high life or a beach holiday, though a Casino, town bars / discos and sea swimming are available.
The Quinta da Bela Vista provides just the right atmosphere for a pampered, chill out holiday, and is a welcome change from the higher priced, but no better, bigger hotels in town.
Average for the standingfrom JeanPaulPoggi
- Very nice location in Funchal
- Expensive but fantastic restaurant
- Nice accomodation
- According to the standing, the service quality is average
- We found some cockroaches in th rooms
- The swimming pool should be modernised
First trip to Madeira-Thanks Bela Vistafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Thankfully my wife and I could rely on the excellent hotel to lift our spirits with roaring log fires,sensibly priced meals and an overall good ambience.
We will come back ,and hopefully the weather will match the hotel.
Top Local Tips for Funchal
Remember Madeira is an island in the Atlantic Don't go expecting hot sunshine all the time. It can rain and blow like any island.In general however the weather is temparate and comfortable.
Plenty to see and do in Funchal, but... Take a day trip on the ferry to Porto Santo where there are plenty of lovely, quiet sandy beaches. Go on some of the sailing, driving or walking tours around the island to see the breath-taking views. If you play golf, the scenery is just wonderful - no matter how you score on the course!
transportation This manor home will arrange transportation to and from the hotel, for a small fee. It was very nice being met at the airport, rather than taking a taxi.
Other names for Estalagem Quinta da Bela Vista Hotel
- quinta da bela vista hotel
- quinta da bela vista funchal
- Address: R. do Avista Navios, n° 4 - - Funchal - 9000-129 - Portugal
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Estalagem Quinta da Bela Vista Hotel
- Madeira Regency Cliff Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Hotel Quinta do Furao Santana, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 13.6 km / 8.5 mi
- Golden Residence Apartment Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hotel Orquidea Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Quinta Jardins do Lago Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Residencial Americana Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Quinta Da Penha de Franca Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Dorisol Buganvilia Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Duas Torres Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- The Cliff Bay - Porto Bay Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel O Colmo Santana, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 17.3 km / 10.7 mi
- Dorisol Estrelicia Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Aparthotel Imperatriz Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- CS Madeira Atlantic Resort & Sea SPA Hotel Funchal, Madeira, Portugal Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel Cabanas Village Sao Jorge, Portugal Distance: 19.3 km / 12 mi