Hotel Tivoli Lagos
Reviews - Hotel Tivoli Lagos
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 407 additional reviews of Hotel Tivoli Lagos at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Lagos
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Tivoli Lagos
stuffy roomsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice...from A TripAdvisor Member
Beware of the egg!!!!!!!
Excellent week -loved itfrom OldMal
Breakfast in the hotel was buffet style with a good choice, although kippers and black pudding never featured. But there was a reasonable variety with lots of fresh fruit, cerals, breads, pastries and cooked English grilled favourites.
The room was very clean and reasonably spacious with a marble bathroom. Nice pool area. The bar is huge and there is a happy hour cocktail session every evening with free nibbles. The evening entertainment would have been paid off in most clubs, but so what! The staff are underpaid yet very friendly and courteous.
The old town is within ten minutes walk and is quite interesting with its mosaic cobbles. The marina is only five minutes walk. There was an excellent bar and simple restaurant just outside of the hotel owned by Luis who is everyones friend and made us very welcome. We used to call in there on our way back before our nightcap in the hotel.
Anyone would enjoy staying at the Tivoli.
I really loved this hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I agree that the rooms could do with a touch of refurbishment but they weren't as bad as I expected from the reviews. They were very clean and I liked the marble tiled bathrooms. The hotel is very spacious and has a light airy feel about it, pleasing atmosphre. In the evenings there was a roaring log fire you could sit in really comfy sofas and drink your port.
My only disappointment was that I couldn't use the indoor pool much because there always seemed to be some class going on in the evenings,
Even in January, we went to the beach every day, and there was a fabulous cafe on the beach (Linda's), served great food and mulled wine! They had a sister restaurant called Os Cais at the Marina, not cheap but great food and wine. We did try one of the hotel restaurants once, but it wasn't good and I wouldn't recommend it.
Lagos is beautiful and the hotel is so central so you can walk everywhere, and Lagos is well worth exploring on foot. Handy for exploring the western Algarve We found the all the staff helpful and friendly, and I would definitely go back to the hotel again.
Fantastic hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Comfortable, once you calibrate to a three star hotelfrom ds5
With all that said, the bright spot for the hotel was the Duna Beach Club. The beach was beautiful, the pool nice and we enjoyed spending a couple of hours there each day before heading out to tour other areas.
Hotel Strongly Recommended/Terrific Beach Club/Great Townfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Where did they get the 4th star from?from leedeanwilliams
Our first reaction when shown the room was disappointment - probably borne out of greater expectation (and the fact we were given a twin room instead of a double). The outdoor pool was empty - of water! And as the hotel got busier, parking in the free car park / field got more problematic.
However, it is in a great location, facilities are pretty good (though you have to pay to use health club / gym!) and we generally enjoyed our stay.
I guess the 4 stars have been granted because all the boxes can just about be ticked. Or they're reflective of the hotel's younger days. I would say a good 3-star hotel!
Wonderful Hotelfrom sparklystars
The breakfast laid on everyday at the hotel was fantastic, HOWEVER, would NOT recommend eating in the hotel, we ate in the Italian section on the first day and the food was mediocre and over-priced and the waiter was not very nice! Down in the town there is a cheap restaurant (I wish I could remember the name) which sells simple, but delicious Portugese meals, and seems to be where all the locals go and often has a queue outside so must be good!!
wonderful stayfrom JoannaBLondon
There was a wide choice at the breakfast buffet, which was constantly filled up.
There is a good pool outside where you can order drinks and food from your sunlounger.
Top Local Tips for Lagos
Hire a car Hire a car to make the most of the beautiful coastline in this region. Many of the beaches aren't acessible from the resorts and a car gives you access to a wider range of beaches, many of which are tucked away in little coves at the bottom of cliffs - get your map out!
Lagos - English or German If you're looking for a holiday where everyone speaks English and menus are catered for the English and German markets the Lagos is for you.
Where to eat in Lagos... Bahia beach bar, Escondidinho, Linda Bar, Estrela Do Mar, Bar Ferradura (pork steak sandwich), Adega da MArina. All the restaurants mentioned are Mostly Portugese cuisine. Highly recommended.
Other names for Hotel Tivoli Lagos
- tivoli lagos
- tivoli hotel lagos
- lagos tivoli hotel
- hotel tivoli lagos
- Address: Rua Antonio Crisogono Santos - - Lagos - 8600 - 678 - Portugal
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Tivoli Lagos
- Hotel Aqua Meia Praia Lagos, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Albergaria Marina Rio Residencial Hotel Lagos, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Albergaria Casa de S. Goncalo Residencial Hotel Lagos, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Motel Marsol Hotel Lagos, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Montemar Hotel Lagos, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Dom Manuel Hotel Lagos, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Dom Pedro Meia Praia Beach Club Hotel Lagos, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Motel Ancora Hotel Lagos, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Hotel Belavista da Luz Praia Da Luz, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Pestana Dom Jao Village Hotel Alvor, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 7.8 km / 4.8 mi
- Hotel Le Meridien Penina Golf & Resort Alvor, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 11.6 km / 7.2 mi
- Hotel Mirachoro Sol Residencial Portimao, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 12.7 km / 7.9 mi
- Hotel da Bela Vista Residencial Portimao, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 12.2 km / 7.6 mi
- Hotel Algarve Casino Praia da Rocha Portimao, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 12.3 km / 7.7 mi
- Hotel Jupiter Portimao, Algarve, Portugal Distance: 12.4 km / 7.7 mi