Polonia Hotel, Warsaw
Reviews - Polonia Hotel
Read 550 additional reviews of Polonia Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Warsaw
Historical Traveller Reviews of Polonia Hotel
Excellent Hotelfrom bs2213
Loved the hotel but set up on the tramfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Take care to buy your ticket before you get on the tram no matter what you are told,and do not give them the opportunity to rip you off.
Excellent Hotelfrom coono
My partner and I, along with 2 friends, stayed at the amazing Polonia Palace Hotel.
Getting to/from Frederic Chopin Airport (Warsaw Airport)and the Polonia Palace is extremly easy by public transport: Take bus #175. A 3-day public transport ticket costs 12 Zloty (Polish Currency) which is approximately Eur 3 and is great value. The journey on the #175 bus takes about 25 mins (almost as quick as a taxi as traffic levels in Warsaw heve not yet reached the usual capital city gridlock that exists elsewhere in Eurpoe). The hotel is located opposite the Palace of Culture which dominates the skyline and so acts as an ideal landmark when locating the hotel or if wandering about the city (Old Town and the popular Nowy Swiat street are a pleasant 20 min walk...or take bus #175 which also serves these places)
The Polonia Palace hotel is very impressive outside and in. The good sized rooms are spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated and well equipped with TV, writing desk & chair, over bed LED reading lamps, toiletries, minibar, in room safe etc.
The large lobby has plenty of comfortable seating while the Strauss Cafe (luxurious coffees, hot chocolates, cakes etc.), Bojangles Bar ( mainstream jazz and piano bar) and the very plush hotel restaurant all serve excellent food and drink at reasonable prices by very well trained and courteous staff. In fact, the same can be said about all of the staff at the Polonia Palace.
I can strongly reccommend the Polonia Palace Hotel as a perfect place to stay when in Warsaw.
Very Impressedfrom Irishcatlady
Excellent rooms!from MethEstonia
The single room had a properly sized cozy bed as well.
The fitness sports centre downstairs had some gym machine and was really open 24h with the sauna. For free. But the solarium, which was also supposed to be for free, was actually for extra fee.
The location is in the complete heart of the town and I'd definitely go back there another time.
fab hotelfrom ballyg
only complaint having paid 24z (€6) from airport to hotel on arrival we were shocked when having accepted offer of hotel taxi on checking out to be charged 60z this was a total rip off. we paid & got on with it as we had such a nice holiday & didn't want to dwell on it but be warned in future decline hotel offer of taxi!!!!
wonderful hotelfrom marlinsapalu
On our arrival we were greeted by Sebastian the bell boy / porter who was a fantastic find and helped us during our stay to find good places for food and jazz clubs. The hotel reception was just as described and the staff were polite and spoke excellent english. We asked for a room overlooking the Palace of science and culture and they willingly obliged.
The room was on the medium size, tastefully decorated and the bathroom was beautiful.
Breakfast was as described by previous reviewers and yes the ommlettes are fantastic. Even my wife found plenty to eat and she is a fussy eater!!
The hotel is situated about 30 mins walk from the old town, indeed you can access almost all the sights on foot.There is a local supermarket and an indoor market opposite the hotel where they sell good, cheap vodka and food, and a 24 hour deli type shop 200 yards away.We found however that 2 days is'nt enough to do Warsaw justice and will return again.On our return to the airport we caught the bus which stopped right oppisite the hotel. Cost 2.40 zlotys and was quick and efficient.
Excellent value,excellent qualityfrom LordAtters
Wonderful Hotel with a Great Stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good, but be warned excessive extra chargesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
However a few points that others may be interested in:
- internet costs are amazing excessive. 1 hour is 66 zlot (this is $27 Australian dollars!!!!). The internet cafe near the corner charges 3 per hour and is fast and you can take your laptop.
- in house movies are even more expensive than internet useage!! There is a great cinema across the road, and many films are in Engligh with Polish subtitles.
- car parking is extra and on the street in a very insecure setting, causing us much anxiety.
The concierge was the most helpful I have ever encountered on a positive note!!
Top Local Tips for Warsaw
Makes Sense Make a trip to Sense on Nowi Swiat, one of the best restaurants I have found in Warsaw with a real fusion menu. They make damn good mohitos too.
buyer beware Be careful of taxis - ended up getting seriously ripped off on two occasions ie three times the cost of the journey, this could have been because I and my colleague were obviously foreign and female. Main ripoffs came from taxis leaving the old town. Think it's MPI or MPT taxis that are most reliable
Getting around Get youself a map at the tourist office at the airport. Also, ask them if one of the buses goes near your hotel. If so, it is so cheap and easy. We used buses and trams all the time, a 3 day pass is 12 zloty (about 4 euros) and covers bus, tram, and metro. All the tourist sights are easily accessble by bus. If you get a bus ticket, you must stamp it in the yellow box inside the door as soon as you get on (for a 3 day ticket, just stamp it once the first time you use it). If you're caught using an unstamped ticket, then you could be fined. I found the pubic transport system to be much better than at home in the UK.
Other names for Polonia Hotel
- polonia palace warsaw
- hotel polonia palace
- Address: 45 Al. Jerozolimskie - Warsaw - 00-692 - Poland
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Polonia Hotel
- Metropol Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Novotel Warsaw Centrum Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Marriott Warsaw Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Orbis Hotel Grand Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Dom Chlopa Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Rialto Warsaw Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Royal Route Residence Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Mazowiecki Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Mdm Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Sheraton Warsaw Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Mercure Fryderyk Chopin Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Westin Warsaw Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Radisson SAS Centrum Warsaw Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Harenda Hotel Warsaw, Poland Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi