Sheraton Krakow Hotel
Reviews - Sheraton Krakow Hotel
Read 557 additional reviews of Sheraton Krakow Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Krakow
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sheraton Krakow Hotel
Average hotelfrom urbanguy1974
(1) Spacious room which met the standards for a 4 star hotel - there didn't seem to be many 4- or 5-star hotels in Krakow
(2) Reasonably sized gym and small pool in the basement
(1) On the edge of the old town and thus away from the heart of the action (which may suite those who prefer somewhere quieter)
(2) Food was expensive even relative to the restaurants in the old town
(3) Hotel would not provide complimentary late (2 or 3 pm) check-out even though there was room availability, and instead wanted to charge per extra hour. I've noticed this with other hotels in Europe, whereas hotels in the Asia-Pacific/Americas tend to be more flexible.
Sheraton krakow-wonderful hotel !from nerys0
We were a family of 2 adults adn 2 children - so swimming pool was on the list. This is one of only a few hotels in Krakow who have one !
This is truly a 5 star hotel (with prices to match) but if 5 star is what you want - this is what you get.
They have 2 restaurants - Olive restaurant - formal & upmarket and a bar restaurant - serving lighter fayre (but good quality) Great if you have younger kids. Both offered exceptional quality and not TOO pricey (for 5 star hotel)
If you have the funds - then go for this one - just beneath Wawel castle and facing the Vistula river - wonderful location - 10 mins to Old Town square.
Made our visit to Krakow perfect - enjoy !
Booked flights through Sky Europe.com - only airline to fly direct from Manchester - book early for exceptionally low fares - we didn't unfortunately., but flights start from £9 + taxes !! (we paid £212 each !!!!)
s in Krakowfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The castle is only a 5 minute walk up to the entrance. There is a pedestrian walkway along the river which was a nice stroll.
Overall, my family would most definately return!!!!!
This hotel was Wonderful!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
One day, my daughter and I wanted to go to Kazimierz, see Oskar Schindlers factory, the remnants of the Jewish ghetto wall and other historical stuff. The concierge was VERY helpful. She called a Jewish bookstore that does tours, called us a taxi, and we had the most wonderful, walking private tour of the whole area! I highly recommend this hotel.
Wonderful hotel and stafffrom desnudouno
In the center of Krakowfrom LucaRuggiero
It seems brand new, beautiful rooms and excellent Sweet Sleeper bed.
value is missingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We arrived around 1 - were told that check in time was 3pm and that our room was not ready. We spent 2 hours out in the rain waiting - and when we arrived, bedraggled, back at the hotel, it still wasn't ready. They wanted us to wait some more. After a tantrum, they said we could have a room, but it didn't have the outlook we had booked. And neither was it non-smoking, as we had arranged (months in advance). We checked out this room - unsatisfactory. They then said we should wait some more, and they would try to find another room. We did, and they did, but it was after 4pm by the time we got into a room, and we ended up moving our own luggage. We were not even offered a drink while we waited.
There are several things in the room that don't work - the line (for wet clothes) over the bath tub is non-functional, the sink in the bathroom won't hold water.
Breakfast - ordinary
English language newspapers - more than 24 hours old. (I read them before I even got here - they are still down on the stand in the breakfast area.)
Certainly I expected more
s #1 hotel on Trip Advisor!from OJonVacation
No wedding noisefrom 2006Oz
A Modern Surprise in a Historical Settingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel’s décor incorporates the history of Krakow with replicas of the faces from the top of the Cloth Hall in the atrium and photos of city buildings in the rooms. Despite the modernity of the hotel, you never forget the rich history of the city you’re in. The Sheraton’s close proximity to the Wawel Castle makes being a tourist as simple as walking out the front door and once we oriented ourselves to Krakow, we realized the hotel is an easy ten minute walk from the main market square. Krakow is a beautiful city and the attention to detail, fine service, comfort and convenience of the Sheraton make visiting an even more memorable experience.
Top Local Tips for Krakow
Wielickza Salt Mine You must visit here. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site and absolutely fantastic. Get a minibus from opposite the new Galleria shopping centre. It takes about 20 minutes. The Mine is just breathtaking
Hotel Taxi Pre book taxi with hotel
Trams and Buses The public tram and bus service is excellent and one can buy a ticket for one, three or seven days for all inclusive travel on buses and trams at a very reasonable price. However taxis are also very reasonable.
Other names for Sheraton Krakow Hotel
- sheraton krakow
- krakow sheraton
- Address: 7 Powisle Street - Krakow - 31101 - Poland
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sheraton Krakow Hotel
- Hotel Maltanski Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Radisson SAS Hotel Krakow Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Novotel Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Copernicus Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Senacki Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Fortuna Bis Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Fortuna Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Royal 2 Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- RT Rezydent Hotel Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Restauracja Grodzka Hotel Jaroslaw, Poland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Wentzl Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- RT Monopol Hotel Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Secesja Krakow, Poland Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hotel Kazimierz Krakow, Poland Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Spatz Krakow Hotel Krakow, Poland Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi