Banks Mansion Hotel, Amsterdam
Reviews - Banks Mansion Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Relaxation Seeker
Read 706 additional reviews of Banks Mansion Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Amsterdam
Historical Traveller Reviews of Banks Mansion Hotel
Thanks to the Banksfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I am stopping off in Amsterdam for three nights in two weeks time and have booked to stay at the Banks again. My girlfriend will be joining me and I am looking forward to showing her the overall quality of this hotel,
she knows all too well how fussy I can sometimes be when wanting value for money but the Banks certainly offers that. I'm paying EUR 185/night for the double delux which I think is a fair price, contact the hotel directly for the best deals.
I've read a few reviews where people have been dissatisfied for whatever reasons, I guess that there just isn't no pleasing some folks.
Stay at this hotel and you will not be disappointed. Jon, 34.
Averagefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Completely Fantastic!from ridina
Average - rooms not that cleanfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We didn't get the slippers that the website says you get and whilst the fridge in the room was restocked they didn't replace the things we drank most of - diet coke!. The toilet roll ration continued for the whole 4 nights - we ended up stealing some from the toilets in the bar. The free bar sounds good but .... we both drink red wine and would go out for an evening meal and a walk and arrived back about 10.30 to find no red wine left! They don't fill up the free bar quickly and if you happen to have people staying in the hotel who drink wine by the goldfish bowl - you've no chance! The walls of the rooms were also very thin, we were kept awake by the people next door who came in late and started on the mini bar. We also had a non smoking room that smelt of stale ciggies for the whole 4 nights, even our clothes smelt of it! The hotel is only ok -we didn't get back the extra price in the so called freebies! The breakfast was ok but by day 4 became boring! I'm not planning to stay here again - better bargains to be had. It's very close to he floating flower market (2 mins) if you are looking on the map - so the location is good (bur it's close to many cheaper hotels). I didn't find the staff that friendly either - although I did hear one of the receptionists sharing his "drug experiences" with another Brit - not my scene I'm afraid.
Simply the bestfrom C.Winn
The rooms were of a very high standard with lots of added extras which made it a pleasure to return to after a hard days shopping!!!!. The staff could not have been more helpful, they were always on hand from the moment you book in to the moment you left and nothing was to much trouble.
With everything being complimentary from the breakfast to the drinks we can not recommend this hotel highly enough.
Stay here and see for yourself.
s best!from A TripAdvisor Member
I have never felt so at home anywhere in my travels as I did at the Banks Mansion.
The location, room, and people make this the absolute best hotel in Amsterdam!
Would Stay There Again!from paullv
Dont believe the hype!from hodgeandpodge
Fantastic days in Amsterdamfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I felt like I was in a fabulously designed palace!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Amsterdam
Making the most of your stay If you're interested in galleries and museums and other places of interest, buy a 'I amsterdam card',from the Tourist Information Office opposite the station, for however long you intend to stay. This gets you in to most places of interest and includes public transport.
Paradiso for concerts - it's a must If any band you like is playing the Paradiso you MUST go. It is a tiny venue with fantastic sound quality, I've made about 4 trips just to see bands cos they are playing this venue.
A great way to see some of Amsterdam My work team dida 2 hour tour of the Joordan area of Amsterdam with the Yellow Bicycle Company (I think that's what it was called -my colleague booked it) - a great way to be like a Dutch and to see the back streets of Amsterdam and understand the history. The bikes are very easy to operate and the company also has rain covers should the weather not be too favourable
Other names for Banks Mansion Hotel
- banks mansion hotel amsterdam
- banks mansion amsterdam
- Address: 519-525 Herengracht - Amsterdam - 1017 BV - Netherlands
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Banks Mansion Hotel
- Albus Grand Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands
- NH Carlton Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel 't Jagershuis Amstelveen, Netherlands Distance: 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
- Nh Schiller Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel de l'Europe Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Des Arts Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Nh Caransa Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Amstelzicht Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Agora Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Nh Doelen Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Eden Hotel Amsterdam Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Mercure Hotel Amsterdam Arthur Frommer Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Nh City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Golden Bear (gayhotel) Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Radisson Blue Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi