Ambassade Hotel, Amsterdam
Reviews - Ambassade Hotel
Read 287 additional reviews of Ambassade Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Amsterdam
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ambassade Hotel
helpful stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
Ambassade, Better than Homefrom gretzmom
Excellent, we will return.from A TripAdvisor Member
The location is excellent and after a hearty breakfast we walked everywhere. I would recommend this hotel, friendly staff and great breakfast.
After a three night stay, we wouldn't hesitate to go back next time we are in Amsterdam.
First class servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very freindly and helpfull stafffrom Danarty
The staff were great, and the location was quiet and central to all the city attractions.
Service, Service, Service!from A TripAdvisor Member
We were faced with a train strike on the day we were due to leave Amsterdam. We spoke with the front desk and they suggested we go to the station and try to sort things out. When we returned to the hotel. The clerk had discussed our situation with the other staff, they had checked the internet, called around, and managed to find us a private bus that would get us to our destination in time. That simply would not have happened in any other hotel, anywhere. Our travel arrangements were not their responsibilty, and yet they found a superior solution that allowed us to continue our trip as if the strike were not happening. It was service above and beyond the call of duty.
Appreciate The Ambassadee for what it is. 10 historic row houses on the most beautiful canal in Amsterdam with period furnishings and lots of stairs. The rooms and public spaces are clean, charming, and overflowing with character and grace. The service is outstanding.
It's not a Marriott, but in my book, that's a good thing.
OK, but not greatfrom Tsalib
The Gem of Amsterdamfrom codejd
Other than that this place is awesome! Friendly staff, email/internet services in the lobby, large suites, great bathrooms and decent bedclothes are what to be expected when you stay here. Yes, the hotel does show signs of wear and tear as the carpet is old and worn, but the place is kept clean and comfortable.
I'd give you the number of the best room in the place, but I don't want it to be booked when I return, sorry.
Beautiful Hotelfrom bluebairn
A gem of a hotel that may not be right for youfrom sopranolands
All that said, the rooms are wonderfully clean and beautifully appointed with antiques (with marvelously modern bathrooms), and the canal-side views of the Herengracht provide a window-seat to Amsterdam at its most charming, peaceful and elegant. The hotel attracts a discerning international set and the intelligent quality of the service is superb. It is located in Amsterdam's best neighborhood, only steps away from its most famous attractions. It is a unique and very lovely Dutch interior for those willing to make a few concessions for the sake of history.
Top Local Tips for Amsterdam
Travelling to and from the airport On arrival at the airport we followed the signs to the train station (its underneath the airport). There are ticket machines throughout the station and a desk with English speaking staff. It only cost us 4 euro's each for tickets into the city and the trains are every 10 minutes. We then took a tram to the hotel from the station - these are also really regular and tickets can be bought from the public transport office opposite the station. Again these are really cheap.
excellent food- cheaper than london there are very good restuarants in spui. unless youare the all you can eat for a dollor and a half eat at the five flies ( dutch name escapes me) . service and food beat paris.
You can walk but you can also ride The transit system in Amsterdam is very good, although a map showing tram routes and numbers is of huge help. Amsterdam is a city made to be explored, and while walking is the best way to see things, once you have your bearings the transit sytem is extremely convenient and user friendly. If you are travelling with luggage, let the hotel order you a cab if you are departing for a train or plane connection. Public transit is not the best way to travel if you have a suitcase in tow.
Other names for Ambassade Hotel
- ambassade hotel amsterdam
- Address: 341 Herengracht - Amsterdam - 1016 - Netherlands
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ambassade Hotel
- Nh City Centre Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Hoksbergen Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Dylan Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hegra Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Agora Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Rembrandt Residence Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Amsterdam Wiechmann Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Rokin Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Des Arts Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Estherea Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Di Ann Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Aspen Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Golden Bear (gayhotel) Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- De Westertoren Hotel Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam, Netherlands Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi