The Victoria Hotel, Sliema
Reviews - The Victoria Hotel
Read 550 additional reviews of The Victoria Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Sliema
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Victoria Hotel
Super smashing great lovely.....from A TripAdvisor Member
What a brilliant experience! I booked direct with the hotel and received an excellent service from Andy Tanti, the front of house manager. He arranged our private the taxi from the airport as well.
We arrived late at night but all the staff who greeted us were very happy, smiley, even at 11.30 at night.
Nothing was ever too much trouble at this hotel, our room maid (Christine) even asked us what time she would like us to clean the room so as not to disturb us.
Following advice from other trip advisor comments managed to get us a room on the 7th floor overlooking the sea.
Yes the pool is a tad small but it was sufficient and there was always enough sunbeds.
The pool bar was handy for lunch (recommend the chicken, tomato and mayo sandwiches!).
As the hotel is situated on the top of hill it may be inaccessible to those with some walking difficulties, however, for us it was a perfect way to walk off the excesses of dinner.
You were only a 10 minutes walk from either the seafront or the port.
Great, non-resort-type hotelfrom pkbpkb
We arrived very early - but they were very accommodating and were very happy to look after our luggage and show us to the changing rooms and showers by the pool where we could spend an hour whilst they sorted the room.
On the second day we missed breakfast, but no worry, the restaurant staff were very helpful and told us to go to the snack bar by the roof-pool and they would sort something out, which they did.
The pool was very small, but there is a jacuzzi and, after all, the sea offers much better swimming than a hotel pool all around you.
The room was very good - we had managed to book a junior suite at an amazing price. The room maid was also very friendly and chatty and couldn't do enough to help us (typically maltese, I guess). Everyone we had contact with in this hotel made us feel very comfortable. Breakfast had a good selection of food, though I would say that the cooked food wasn't the best I had ever had.
I would definitely recommend this hotel - it is lovely inside, and is situated right in the middle (at the top of the hill) of Sliema - surely a far nicer place to stay than the Brit-colonised Bugibba and Qawra.
Oh yes - we hired a car - parkig was free all week.
Great location and good valuefrom sunseeker06
Our room had blue furniture for some reason, which was functional and clean but old and didn't always close! Someone else in our party had a neighbouring room and had more up to date furniture, so think it is pot luck.
Bathroom had a few stains but was clean and towels were good. Balcony very small, just about get two chairs on it, but there wasn't exactly much to see anyway just the street below and houses opposite.
Looking around Sliema there wasn't anything obviously better than the Victoria, so think it is the best you will get.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The pool area is a bit small for the size hotel, but there is alternative seating / laying areas that could be used. Sunbeds were a bit in short supply, but we did visit out of season, perhaps more appear at peak times?
One of the most annoying things was the lifts. If you need a lift and cannot manage stairs, you will be waiting a long time. They appear to have a life of their own and bear no logic.
Saying all this we had a nice time and the location really helps, you can walk into town (coast) in a few minutes, there are some shops close and the harbour for cruises is only 5 mins away.
If I returned to Malta (which is unlikely) I would stay here again.
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We found the staff very friendly and helpful.The room was of a good standard and following advice on this forum requested a 7th floor room and had lovely views and very quiet as well!
The food was plentiful and varied with good choice each day.
We would certainly return to this hotel and enjoyed our stay.
very nice hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
d certainly stay there again if we returned to Maltafrom A TripAdvisor Member
WOW!!! - Felt like Royaltyfrom pauljones
Our room was incredibly big with a duplex setting and a four poster bed. The room even had two plasma TVs. We were told that these rooms have only been available since November and the décor and furnishings are absolutely top notch.
The Palazzo is a 200 year old building which was the residence of Prince Charles of Capua, knowing the rich history really made us feel like royalty.
Will certainly return and will recommend the Victoria and the new suites to all my friends.
Not as good as expected but enjoyable.from gsmanson
I read the very positive reviews on this site and booked up. What I found was a comfortable hotel run by friendly staff who are rather disorganised. Things took a long time to happen but as I was there for a relaxing holiday I was not in a rush and enjoyed the laid back experience! It is not a great hotel but it is a pleasant place to stay.
Even though I encountered some problems I would go back to the Victoria because of its location, value for money and friendly staff. I would recommend a visit; just don't expect too much!
Disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
1) The lobby looked nice.
1) Our reservation was for a non-smoking, double-bed room but a got a smoking with twin beds. When we requested for a double bed, all they did was push the two beds together. Also, check-in and check-out was very slow.
2) The bathroom did not have any ventilation and smelled moldy. The shampoo and soaps were not replenished everyday.
3) The bedroom ventilation in general was horrible. It was very dry and I ended up getting ill.
4) The beds were not comfortable at all.
5) There is too much construction noise every morning which you can hear in the room even when the sliding door was closed. There was not one day that I had a comfortable sleep.
6) There is a charge for room safe and internet access.
7) There is only one english tv channel - BBC.
8) There is no alarm clock in the room.
Top Local Tips for Sliema
Good and bad places for food Though most places pretty much serve the same menu (roughly Italian with a couple of Maltese and burger and chip options), we had some good and one poor dining experience. I'd highly recommend Vino Veritas, Tony's bar and Ponte Vecchio.
Keep it local!!! Try the local wine, either red or white...Its by far the cheapest on any menu (about £4-5), tastes pretty good, and goes down far too well!!!
Things to do in Sliema. Sliema, like many towns, has an excellent view of the sea. The waterside path is a wonderful place to take a stroll in the early evening by yourself or with friends/family. People of all ages sit in little alcove benches or walk the path.
Other names for The Victoria Hotel
- victoria hotel sliema
- victoria hotel malta
- Address: Gorg Borg Olivier Street, - Sliema - Slm 06 - Malta
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Victoria Hotel
- Imperial Hotel Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Palazzo Capua Hotel Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Sliema Chalet Hotel Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Roma Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Park Hotel Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Diplomat Hotel Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Plevna Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- 115 The Strand Aparthotel Hotel Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Fortina Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hotel Kennedy Nova Sliema, Malta Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hilton Malta Hotel St. Julians, Malta Distance: 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel Alfonso St. Julians, Malta Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- The New Alexandra Palace Hotel St. Julians, Malta Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- The Westin Dragonara Resort Hotel St. Julians, Malta Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel St. Julians, Malta Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi