Imperial Hotel Tramontano, Sorrento
Reviews - Imperial Hotel Tramontano
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Retired
Read 321 additional reviews of Imperial Hotel Tramontano at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Sorrento
Historical Traveller Reviews of Imperial Hotel Tramontano
Be careful when booking the Imperial !from A TripAdvisor Member
When I got to the hotel, I discovered this is what I was paying over 1100 euro for:
1) Two double beds pushed together, and two blankets also. They didn't even bother to put a double blanket on it.
2) An extremely noisy room at the front of the hotel because of the relentless stream of mopeds flying past the hotel. This was due in part to the bad window frames.
3) Sub-standard food. The breakfast (included in the price) consisted ofpoor-quality ham and cheese, and diluted orange squash! The evening meal consisted of pork chops (for 45 euro per head!!) Needless to say we ate elsewhere.
4) The bath/shower had no curtain/screen, so our bathroom was soaked with water whenever one of us wanted to take a shower.
After complaining to three different people about the bes situation we were moved to another room at the back of the hotel which had a (very small) balcony. This made up for it in a small way. At least it wasn't noisy.
All in all, the Imperial is very bad value for money. If you go there expecting luxury, you'll be disappointed. And considering the price, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
(On the plus side, the pool area is nice, the hotel is clean and the staff are relatively helpful)
Absolute Euphoria!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Brilliant location, excellent servicefrom Kate_Hampton_Hill
Well located - 5 mins to shops and restaurants and harbour.
Very easy to take the train to Pompeii -3 euros return ticket and ferry to Positano - 5 euros single.
Conciege has all the details if you ask.
Very Classyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful Stay at the Tramontanofrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Tramontano is definitely worth the trip just for the views alone. If we ever return to Sorrento, we will definitely stay at the Tramontano.
Very disappointedfrom malinmaid
Food in restaurant seriously awful-like school dinners-seved with the same flair. We ate out most nights even though we were half board. Rumour had it that an A la Carte menu existed but we saw no evidence of it. One evening one of the main courses was sausages!! the next evening hamburger! .Breakfast orange was dilute squash-which they freely admitted. Hot breakfast included bulldog hot dogs(small balls of frankfurter) and the ham and cheese was the cheapest you could buy. Afternoon tea could only be obtained at 5.15 by going to the bar and collecting it yourself. Ice delivered to your room was 8 Euro. After complaining that our room in no way resembled the'typical'room in the brochure we were changed for our second week to a seriously shabby room but with balcony so we didn't complain. This room had a leaking toilet but we just put up with it.
Also they don't take credit cards from'package' guests but will accept them from internet bookings.
Not permitted to switch 'half board' to lunch at the pool!!!!just not very obliging.
We had advised the hotel that this was our silver wedding--their indifference was overwhelming. Would 'return to Sorrento' but bed only at the tramontano !!!!!!
room with balcony not worth the moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We paid a lot of money to have a room overlooking the sea with a balcony but I think other rooms without balconies were probably better. Our room smelt damp and musty and obviously hadn't been modernised for a long time! It had a very strange arrangement as if the balcony had been built on after the hotel was finished, forming another long and thin room adjacent to the bedroom. Not cosy at all! Our room was also underneath the restaurant and so throughout mealtimes there was much scraping on the floor above from chairs and peoples feet!
The pool area and the gardens were pretty, but I would suspect that you could get better value for money elsewhere (or at least don't bother paying the extra for the balcony - it's not worth it!!!).
The most spectacular view in the worldfrom A TripAdvisor Member
MAGNIFICO - A simply wonderful hotelfrom KazReading_England
Top Local Tips for Sorrento
TRANSPORTATION T SORRENTO FROM NAPLES IF YOU ARE OLDER OR HAVE ANY PROBLEMS GETTING AROUND, ORDER TRANSPORTATION THROUGH THE HOTEL OR TAKE A BOAT IN FROM NAPLES. IF YOU ARE YOUNGER OR HAVE NO PROBLEMS GETTING AROUND YOU COULD TAKE THE LOCAL TRAIN FROM NAPLES TO SORRENTO.
Italian Roads If hiring a car from Naples airport be aware that the Italian drivers have no regard for other road users. It can be quite scary driving on their roads.
Vacation dates Go in May/late september or early October, especially if you plan to visit Pompeii and Herculanium. High season in July and August is very packed. Also April and later in October can be quite wet.
Other names for Imperial Hotel Tramontano
- imperial tramontano
- imperial hotel tramontano
- imperial hotel sorrento
- Address: Via V. Veneto 1 - Sorrento - 80067 - Italy
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Imperial Hotel Tramontano
- Continental Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Bellevue Hotel Syrene Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Astoria Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Plazzo Marziale Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Admiral Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Mignon Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Palazzo Guardati Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Del Corso Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Coltur Suites Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Regina Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Conca Park Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Tirrenia Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ascot Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Del Mare Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Villa Maria Hotel Sorrento, Italy Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi