Artemide Hotel, Rome
Reviews - Artemide Hotel
Read 1934 additional reviews of Artemide Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Rome
Historical Traveller Reviews of Artemide Hotel
excellent !from A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent Hotelfrom ansell
THey made sure that my mother in law, and I had rooms next to each other, and that they were quiet rooms.
THe location was extremely central, for shopping, eating, and sightseeing. THere was a beautiful ditrict with many lovely restaurants, and quiet piazzas within walking distance. We felt like we were bang in the centre of rome, and we walked to the spanish steps, the colloseum, the forum, piazza barberini etc quite easily!
THe hotel was lovely, and the rooms were excellent, with good proportions, and excellent facilities- free minibar, air conditioning which could be controlled within the room, as well as the standard television ect. THe bathrooms contained alarms, which were useful for my mother, and telephones in the bathroom.
THe best thing about this hotel was the kind courteous and extremely helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble, (they even gave me plasters for my blisters on the second day!)they arranged tickets, taxis, and were very patient with my mothers requests for some quite bizarre things. The rooms were cleaned twice a day, and the beds were turned in the afternoon.
The breakfast was excellent, with a quite vast choice, and staff who would accomodate any request. The staff remembered each day, what we had ordered previously, and although this sounds like a small thing, they remembered that my mother in law took lemon with her tea everyday.
We paid 120 euros per night, which was less than any other hotel of the same standard by a long way!
In terms of catering for the elderly, they went out of their way to make sure we had an extra key for her room, they kept an eye out for her, and let us know if she came downstairs without us. There were alarms in the bathroom, and they were very helpful, when my mother in law would ask them for certain things which may have seemed very strange to them. They provided english speaking newspapers, and internet access. They arranged a car to the airport, and checked our flights for us.
The only complaint I may have had was that they charged a fortune in the hotel bar for drinks, but they had an excellent cafe next door, which they also gave us vouchers for complimetary coffees for.
Great for sightseeingfrom EmmaWoodward
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- Very clean and tidy - rooms cleaned twice a day.
- Great for sightseeing - very central (close to the bus station for the tours.)
- Breakfast very good (however some tinned fruit as another Tripadvisor member has previously stated.)
- Free mini bar! With beers, cold drinks and snacks - very handy for when you're out all day sightseeing. (Restocked daily.)
Not so good points:
- We specifically asked for a quiet room when we checked in after reading advice on Tripadvisor. We returned at 10.30pm on our first night to realise we could hear everything (TV, talking, coughing) from the next room, as there was an adjoining door between the 2 rooms. We asked at reception if we could change rooms and the man said no, it was too late and we would have to swap tomorrow. We explained we had only just come back to realise how noisy it was and were not prepared to have a sleepless night due to noise. He sent a porter up with us and he heard how noisy the room was and arranged for us to move to a quieter room. By this time, it was about 11pm and I assumed we'd be able to leave our stuff in the first room and move it the following day, but we had to move it that night for some reason. We were moved to a much quieter room, although I don't know how well soundproofed it was as their website states as we could still hear people talking outside our room late at night.
- Not a good location at night time. There are no decent restaurants or bars near to the hotel which was disappointing (do not go the the pizzeria near the bus staion on the same street, it's lousy!). Via Nazionale was a ghost town in the evenings. We saw one man run past us who had obviously just stolen a woman's handbag, and we were followed when walking through the bus station one evening. After this, we felt so unsafe near our hotel in the evening that we got taxis back to our hotel late at night.
- The hotel's website states that there is a terrace that guests can use but when we enquired about this, we were told it was only available to guests using the conference room.
I feel I've gone on too much about the negatives, but we chose the hotel due to the excellent feedback on Tripadvisor from other guests there and felt slightly let down (we have relied on this before and have not been disappointed.) All in all, we had a great time in Rome, the hotel itself was lovely, it's in a great location for sightseeing but not so great in the evening. Due to this, we wouldn't stay there again and would stay somewhere more interesting at nightime, eg. Piazza Navona or near the Spanish Steps. Hope this helps!
Not All That!from A TripAdvisor Member
Until, we went out for our first day, returned to the hotel to get changed for the evening, returned home later that night to find that the cleaner had been in our room to make our beds and obviously tried to break into our suitcases which are both Expensive Boots Number Locks.
So we returned to our room and my mother couldnt open her case, i said it is just the lock until i tried mine and it would not open either (How embarrrasing when i have paid to take my mother and our cases are meddled with on the first night) we then told reception who came responded (rather too rehearsed for our liking) We have had our cleaners for years it must be your locks - of course blame the customer???!
Also the Restaurant was not open for our entire trip which was also a let down.
And they most certainly do not speak good English on the Reception as they claim they do...
Other than that the Rooms were nice, 70% of staff were friendly, Breakfast was average, location was excellent.
Fab time, lovely atmospherefrom educationofficer
As the other reviewers have said the mini-bar was free and it was well stocked.
Our lock had broken on our suitcase and we couldn't get it off. We took it to the reception and it was dealt with straight away.
The people at the hotel spoke excellent english and told us everything we needed to know about the surrounding area etc.
I didnt witness any muggings, thefts etc and the area was in a wonderful place for all of the tourist spots. The only thing I will say is that there are very few restaurants near the hotel but you can certainly walk to some nice ones.
I would 100% recommend this hotel (and I have stayed at some of the best in the world).
Very quiet, understated elegancefrom mmmvegas
great location but slightly disapointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loved this hotelfrom MatteUppsala
Absolutely perfectfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good location, perfect welcome and consierge service, the room was big and quite even it was on the via nazionale. Wide bathroom well equipped with whirlpool. We spent there 5 days for honeymoon holiday. The reception very well managed gave us many tourist information and good recommendation for restaurants.
Excellent in every aspect!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Rome
Beware of frozen food! Be careful about the "freshness" of the food. Some restaurants, especially in the prime tourist areas use frozen portions to speed preparation and reduce cost. We were warned about this from our hotel staff but saw it first-hand when we sat at a restaurant and noticed the menu had an asterisk next to most of the entress which referred to "frozen". We left and went to a different restaurant.
the collusium the collusium looks better from the outside than it does inside. a bit of a disapointment really i know how old it is but cant help feelong that it is rather wasted, if they had a few shows on letting you see how it was used in its day it would be much more entertaining because inside its just one big building site !
Use the bus The No 64 bus is not the faint hearted but is great value and takes you to many of the best places
Other names for Artemide Hotel
- hotel artemide rome
- hotel artemide
- Address: 22 Via Nazionale - Rome - 00184 - Italy
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Artemide Hotel
- Miami Hotel Rome, Italy
- Martini Hotel Rome, Italy
- Cortina Hotel Rome, Italy
- Hotel Luxor Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Magnifico Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Gea Di Vulcano Hotel Rome, Italy
- Hotel Britannia Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Residence Centro Studi M Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Dorica Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Augustea Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Paris Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Italia 2 Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Picasso Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Quirinale Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Clarin Hotel Rome, Italy Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi