Onda Verde Hotel, Praiano
Reviews - Onda Verde Hotel
Read 228 additional reviews of Onda Verde Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Praiano
Historical Traveller Reviews of Onda Verde Hotel
The staff is as nice as can be, especially the waiter in the restaurant. Speaking of the food, FANTASTIC!!! The dinners were out of sight. The breakfast was great by European standards.
The rooms were extremely well decorated with very comfortable beds and a spacious bathroom. The climate control systems were automatic and top-notch.
Be prepared for some serious stairs down to the water below, but the sight from above is one of the finest you'll ever see.
My only regret: we didn't stay long enough at the Onde Verde.
Loved Hotel Onda Verdefrom psus
A comfortable hotel with a great view on the Amalfi Coastfrom Professor_Ken
I'd like to provide some words of advice to fellow travelers about excursions from Onda Verde. We took an enjoyable day trip to Capri. However, we really didn't feel like we experienced the island; the organized trip is hurried and regimented. I'd recommend spending a night on Capri to really get a sense of the place and to experience the island without the hordes of day trippers. Getting to Pompeii from the Amalfi Coast also takes much longer than you expect. After the organized trip to Capri, we decided to hire a driver and a private guide for an "exclusive trip" exploring Pompeii and Herculaneum. Although this is expensive, we really felt it was worth it. You really could spend days exploring Pompeii. Just spending two hours there on an organized trip would be disappointing. Make sure you see the political ads, the body casts of the poor vicitims of the volcano, and the erotica at Pompeii.
We used busses to get to Rovello which has a million euro view which just doesn't seem real, and to explore the ceramic factories/shops in Vietri. You can buy Amalfi Coast ceramics in hundreds of places, but a trip to Vietri to see the best variety and the decorated storefronts is a treat. The ride to Vietri is also stunning.
Give yourself plenty of time for excursions and remember that getting around the Amalfi Coast can be slow, and very expensive if you are not using the bus. Cabs and limos are as much as 25 times the cost of the bus! Renting a car there is also a scarry thought. The roads are exceptionally narrow and there are many places where you need to stop for oncoming traffic and even back up.
I highly recommend the Onda Verde as a wonderful small hotel on the Amalfi Coast. It's a great place to stay, but be advised that excursions to places that seem nearby may be more difficult than you expect.
s Gatefrom A TripAdvisor Member
1. Friendly Atmosphere: The Milano Family who owns and operates Hotel Onda Verde welcomes you as a part of their family. They treat with with the utmost respect and give you the privacy you need, but also look out for you to make sure you are enjoying yourself.
2. Helpful and Knowledgeable: You want to stay at a place that has a choc' full of information on where to go, how to get there and what to do? Again, since the family has been there forever, they know everything there is to know. You want to count on this reliability.
3. Tasteful Rooms and Heavenly Balcony Views: I traveled alone and stayed in a room fit perfectly for me. My balcony was where I could just relax and view the Mediterranean Sea. The sea views take you away to another place. You can just chill right out listening to the waves wash gently and strongly against the rocks and the beach. The view of the boats from my room was pleasant to look at. Fisherman would go out and those with speed boats would ride by every day. The rooms are clean and the cleaning service is great! The rooms and everything is fresh. Adequate linens.
3. Restaurant: Chef Franco and his sous Chef Antonio are excellent artists of cookery. They make every dinner evening taste magnificant. They serve you more than enough food. YOU WILL NOT LEAVE THE TABLE HUNGRY EVER! The food is totally authentic Italian cooking. The Desserts are delicious and the fruits are freshly picked from their garden. Fruit served on ice is a great way to enjoy for the summer.
4. Restauant View: Imagine having dinner on a cliff over looking the Sea. You can not beat that. I ate dinner outside every night. I could not resist it at all.
5. Other Benefits:
a. Meeting New Friends: While you may be solo or on a romantic getaway, you will meet wonderful couples from around the world who share in your experience and feeling about the Hotel Onda Verde. You are able to chat late into the night about many things and for those who drink wine, you will enjoy the best bottles of Vino on the Amalfi Coast under the stars. I do not drink, so there are many other things to consume. Limoncello is a favorite in this region, so for those who want to try something sweet and sour, this is for you.
b. Cooking School: I am a great cook and wanted to learn more about Authentic Italian cooking. Chef Franco taught me how to make 2 pasta dishes and a dessert. All three items were served at dinner. This was a great added benefit for me and it will be for those who DO NOT WANT TO experience large groups for training.
c. You will learn some Italian: Even if you only speak one language, you will learn a number of words while staying here. I happen to have a certain level of Italian and French and I must say that my Italian improved tremendously in the two weeks I was there.
d. Beautiful People Up and Down the Coast: This part of Italy has some of the most beautiful people in the world. I mean from a physical standpoint. Ladies be prepared to experience the melody and lyrics of these men. They will definitely boost your ego and if your husband or boyfriend is not paying attention to you while you are visiting. He will after you smile from hearing sweet Italian words from a Georgous man. Ladies, pay attention to your men too, the women are beautiful. Aside from the physical aspect of the people, everyone says Good morning to you in Italian and does their level best to try and help you get around. A warm place, full of warm people.
All in all, I would come back to Hotel Onda Verde again and again and again. It is my choice for a great hotel. You want to stay at a place where people work hard to please YOU!
My name is Yvonne R. Davis of Windsor, Connecticut, USA and I stand by all of these words!
Paradise in Amalfi Coastfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We imagined how beautiful Onda Verde was for weeks, but not until our arrival did we truly experience it. It is paradise.
We thought only in our dreams does a place like Onda Verde exsist. Thank you for making our dreams come true.
From the minute we arrived we felt extra special.
I can still remember exiting the elevator, looking in the distance to the lobby, with an overwhelming sense of pure joy. We were greeted immediately in Italian style of warmth and hospitality. Soon after we checked into our room, we were off to explore the grounds. We both thought it really does not get any better then this, as we continued to pinch ourselves.
We felt secluded from the chaos, yet close enough to get anywhere.
We did a lot of tourist things which were easily arranged by Miro and Sophia. We did everything we planned to do and more. There is no better way to start your day then to sit on the terrace at Onda Verde overlooking the Mediterranean sipping on a hot cafe latte.
Every night we waited with anticipation for a delicious suberb meal. Both of us would order something different so that we could taste one anothers dinner. There was one night that we both said outloud, "Oh my God...this is the best spaghetti I have ever eaten." With that we passed on our main dish and asked for seconds of spaghetti.
The service at dinner was top notch. First came the wine, the meal that never ended, dessert,how could we pass it up?, and then lemoncello. Gennaro who served us every night was delightful, fast, gracious and always had a smile. He really made our meals special. Once in awhile we peaked into the kitchen to see the two chefs at work. They were artists shaping and designing our next incredible meal, and they too did it with a grand smile. Onda Verde is a place that inspired us. The people, the food, the land. There is something so special and intense about Praino. The People just, "Get it!."
We are now inspired to make it to Onda verde every year.
Thanks agian for making our dream come true.
Nicole and Jesse
Paradise! Nirvana! Best place we have ever stayed!from A TripAdvisor Member
Loved it!from mkirschbaum
We thought the staff was courteous and friendly, but not exceptional. The food at the restaurant was very good (we ate there two nights) and the breakfast was a standard Italian breakfast (cheese, meat croissants, etc.). I wouldn't book the hotel and dinner combo together because there are several other good restaurants easily within walking distance. Bar Mare (a five minute walk) doesn't look like much from the outside but their food was incredible, reasonably priced and the owners were the nicest people we met our whole trip.
Overall, it was a great experience and we will stay at the hotel again if we ever go back.
What a Disappointment!from A TripAdvisor Member
Beautiful View @ Hotel Onda Verde, Praiano, Italyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Some good, some not so goodfrom ellenor
We went in late October, early November which was at the very end of the tourist season we were told and most places were closing that week. Our Hotel, as with many others, only had a few guests. Despite this the crowds were still large in the towns on the coast there and we visited them all. We were told the local Sita bus for only one Euro will take you between towns regularly. This may have been so but on several occasions it was full and would not pick us up and the next one was not for another hour. Be warned also that it doesnt run to certain towns after a certain time. We went to a concert in Ravello (14kms) away, not far really, and as the concert finished at 11pm and the last bus to Praiano was at 8pm we had to catch a taxi back at a cost of 60 Euros. If this was a quiet time of the year I would hate to see the busy time.
Hiring a car would probably be a more convenient option for some, but for us Aussies who drive on the other side of the road, those narrow mountain roads along the cliff and the crazy Italian driver, scooters and not to mention speeding buses did not make this an option we would consider.
All in all it is a lovely part of the world and the scenery is breathtaking.
Top Local Tips for Praiano
Excursions Take the opportunity to visit Capri. You get to appreciate the coastline from offshore and Capri is a lovely visit.
Walk doen from town to sea Make sure in Praiano to walk/hike down from the main town to the sea, as basically you are walking through where the locals live, simply beautiful and amazing, very pretty. It's quite a walk back up but worth it!
Bus it Use the local bus service to get to the towns of Positano, Praiano, and Amalfi (with transfer to Ravello). It is easy, scenic and always an adventure passing a bus in the other direction on the narrow cliff-side road.
Other names for Onda Verde Hotel
- onda verde praiano
- onda verde hotel
- onda verde
- hotel onda verde
- Address: 3 Via Terramare 3 - Praiano - 84010 - Italy
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Onda Verde Hotel
- Il Pino Hotel Praiano, Italy Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Hotel Praiano, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Margherita Hotel Praiano, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Le Fioriere Hotel Praiano, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Continental Hotel Praiano, Italy Distance: 237.8 km / 147.8 mi
- Tramonto D'Oro Hotel Praiano, Italy Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Palumbo Hotel Ravello, Italy Distance: 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
- Open Gate Hotel Praiano, Italy Distance: 237.7 km / 147.7 mi
- Smeraldo Hotel Praiano, Italy Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Grand Hotel Tritone Praiano, Italy Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Alfonso A Mare Hotel Furore, Italy Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Furore Inn Resort Hotel Furore, Italy Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Due Torri Hotel Agerola, Italy Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Le Terrazze Hotel Conca Dei Marini, Italy Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Villa Felice Relais Hotel Amalfi, Italy Distance: 5.2 km / 3.3 mi