The Westin Palace Milan Hotel
Reviews - The Westin Palace Milan Hotel
Read 467 additional reviews of The Westin Palace Milan Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Milan
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Westin Palace Milan Hotel
Gorgeous hotel but...from C0SM0
- The hotel itself is lovely, with gorgeous, elaborately decorated rooms.
- The staff that we came across were generally pleasant and helpful, and we were given a room upgrade on arrival.
- Breakfast was good but at EUR33 per person would have been exorbitant if not included in the rate.
- The hotel is in a good location, about a 10 - 15 minute walk from the Duomo. It's also around the corner from Joia, an amazing vegetarian restaurant which is well worth a visit.
On the downside:
- I agree with some previous reviews on the state of the bathrooms - ours was on the older side, with dirty grout and an ancient hairdryer. Not enough to ruin the stay but not the standard we'd expect from the Westin.
- There was a big stain on the table cloth on the bed side table - if it couldn't be removed or the table cloth changed, they could have easily hidden it by putting the stained side against the wall, but they didn't even bother to do this!
- The staff had a habit of knocking once on the door and then letting themselves in, so you definitely need to use the bolt lock.
- We were surpised when we arrived that the hotel didn't have a doorman. After coming and going a few times, we spotted the doorman having a cigarette on the street next to the hotel.
Disappointingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Typical hotel for room service, soup and steamed veggies+ a bottle of water- 47 EUROS with service. Incredible.
In general, quite over priced but I fear much of Milano wouldnt be much better. Being a westin, I had higher expectations. Oh, hearing loud disco in the am before going to work, not a good thing. The hotel was playing it outside in the taxi area and in the lobby!
Excellent hotel in good locationfrom superhoops
Housekeeping was perfect -- they even changed the bathrobe after one use!
We were in room 306, which was located on the inside courtyard -- no view, but it was very quiet. The hotel lobby was very plush and a nice place to sit and watch the world go by.
The hotel is well located for arrivals at Milan Centrale (train or bus from Bergamo or Malpensa). It's a 10-minute walk down the main boulevard, or a one-stop trip on the Metro. There is a Metro station right outside the hotel (Repubblicana). The trams also stop just outside the hotel, and they are a great, if somewhat rattly, way of getting around town. The Metro line takes you very quickly to the swish shopping streets of Montenapoleone and Via della Spiga, and also to the Duomo.
We had breakfast in our room on one day only (25 euros for continental breakfast was a bit rich for our tastes!), but it was very good and if you just ordered one with extra coffee there would be enough pastries and rolls for two.
Meets expectationsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Room decor rather impessive. Bathroom was up to the standards one would expect from this class of hotel.
Breakfast again up to expectations.
Location good - being right by metro and tram stops.
All in all the hotel meets expectations.
Nice, but over-priced for the qualityfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room did look a bit tired though - there was remnants of dried food splashed up the wall in the corner and a large chip in the crystal bedside lamp. More disconcerting was the rag tied round the loose wires at the top of the bedroom chandalier - possibly to cover up the hole in the ceiling - perhaps part of the fixture was missing? The lobby and bar in the hotel are stunning - the only real problem I had was when two friends accompanied me back to the hotel (I needed a quick change of clothes before heading out to dinner). The front desk staff asked to see their passports, then denied them access to my room due to the fact that it only had one bed - despite my protests that nothing was going to happen in the bed. I would not stay here again by choice. It's too expensive for the quality.
Come on Starwood- You can afford it.The fixtures in these old bathrooms are ancient! The marble is chipped and worn and the grout is dirty. The lighting is ridiculous. Hairdryers are from the 80,s.
In contrast the refurbuhed bathrooms are "heavenly", but there very few with the new state of the art Grohe fixtures, new marble and glass enclosed showers. No dirty moldy shower curtain and rubber bath mat, as in the old bathrooms. Great lighting too. They need more of these rooms.Street noise even on the 8th floor and internal service noise on the 2nd floor are a problem as well, so choose rooms well.
We were on a non smoking floor. The people in the room next to us smoked for 24 hours . We finally gave up and checked ou. We changed hotels because of this. They do not enforce no smoking. It is more of a suggestion. Our room stunk as if we were smoking in it. This is also true of Park Hyatt Milan. They do not enforce no smoking in rooms.
There is high speed internet in the rooms and wireless access in the lobby and bar.
The concierge staff is helpful and pleasant.
The bar and restaurant staff are likewise courteous and helpful, but 23 euros for 1 coffee and 1 tiny fruit cup in the restaurant is just too much, likewise 55 euros for parking each night is too much.
We have also stayed across the street at the Principe many times and find the reception staff consummately professional and courteous-a stark contrast. Plus the bar at the Principe is divine. Always a great show there! Smoking on some floors is a problem there as well.
Dirty Stained Roomsfrom joelfreak
One of the finest Hotels in Milan!from A TripAdvisor Member
Hated the Westinfrom prinx74
The hotel is dated, does not have trained waiters in their breakfast room and are not customer friendly. Airconditioning did not work, the maintenance failed to rectify it. They never offered us another room in lieu of this!
Never expected the hotel staff to be so unfriendly.
Don't waste your time there.
Opulence in Extremefrom The_Grand_Tour
Top Local Tips for Milan
Plan If you are visiting Milan on short timescales I would advise to reserch the types of shops you are looking for and plan where you want to go.
Must See - National Museium of Tech and Science (Leonardo da Vinci hall) Most travelers go to Milan and miss the most amazing national museum of science. They are most famous for the Da Vinci hall where they have taken his drawings and created models. Also there is a huge room of antique trains, another room of boats and airplanes. My favorite is the collection of antique typewriters which show you how much competition there was for a standard for what the keyboard should be since so many of them used formats other than QWERTY. Great for kids too - my 3 year old son loved running around and looking at the old watchmaker's workshop (authentic workshop from the 1700's) and the airplanes and boats. If you don't like shopping in Milan, this is a fantastic way to spend an afternoon and be completely intellectually stimulated.
getting around use the tube system. its 1 euro one way and is so simple to use. if you are coming from malpensa airport do not get a taxi! its £80 euro one way whereas the malpensa shuttle bus is £7 euro and is ready for you to board as soon as you leave arrivals.
Other names for The Westin Palace Milan Hotel
- westin palace milan
- westin milan
- milan westin
- Address: 20 Piazza Della Republica - Milan - 20124 - Italy
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Westin Palace Milan Hotel
- Baviera Hotel Milan, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Sempione Hotel Milan, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Principe Di Savoia Hotel Milan, Italy Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Casa Mia Hotel Milan, Italy Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Ibis Milano Centro Hotel Milan, Italy Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- NH Hotel Touring Milan Milan, Italy Distance: 11.9 km / 7.4 mi
- Hotel Brianza Milan, Italy Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Jolly Hotel Machiavelli Milan, Italy Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Windsor Hotel Milan Milan, Italy Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Marconi Hotel Milan, Italy Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Trieste Hotel Milan, Italy Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Arno Milan, Italy Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Delle Nazioni Milan Milan, Italy Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Hotel Felice Casati Milan, Italy Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Cervo Milan, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi