Ilaria & Residenza Dell'Alba Hotel, Lucca
Reviews - Ilaria & Residenza Dell'Alba Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Lucca
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ilaria & Residenza Dell'Alba Hotel
Great Hotelfrom JulieIreland
I would definitely stay in this hotel again, and would have no problem recommending it to anybody.
I apologize if I write you only now, but as you certainly already know, it’s difficult find the time to do so at work.
However I want to thank you for recommending our hotel to travelers and for everything you wrote on Trip Advisor.
I hope to see you again in our hotel,
Best Hotel of our Tripfrom ElizaSF
Sorry if I write you after so much time and thank you so much for your nice review on Trip Advisor, you have been so kind.
I really hope to see you again in our hotel,
Lovely in Luccafrom thebossAngus
The staff were extremely kind and helpful, the rooms were spotless with a lovely breakfast on a terrace overlooking the garden.
They even rent out bikes for free!
I apologize if I answer you only now, I would like to thank you for the review you left on Trip Advisor.
Hoping to see you again in the next future,
Enjoy the ultimate of charm and hospitality at this wonder Lucca Hotelfrom marcello
We ate at their Buca di Sant' Antonio restaurant and it ranks as the best meal we ever enjoyed in Italy (quite an accomplishment given the great restaurants in Italy). The restaurant has been in operation since 1782! Check out the brass copper pots and covers and musical instruments that decorate this wonderful find!
I posted some of my pictures that I took of the hotel and restaurant at http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/malpert/Lucca/?start=all
We will be returning to Lucca and to this hotel and restuarant anytime we visit Tuscany!
Sorry if I write you only now and many thanks for recommending travellers our hotel.
Your pictures of Buca di Sant’Antonio and Hotel Ilaria are so beautiful! Thank you so much for posting them!
Hoping to see you again in our hotel,
Pleasant hotel within the city wallsfrom toujours28
- Extremely friendly and helpful staff: ran outside in the rain to meet us with an umbrella when we arrived in the taxi, encouraged us to borrow one of the umbrellas during the day in case it rained, were efficient at check-in and check-out, etc.
- Large, comfortable bed (approx. 1'80m wide). The sheets were a real pleasure: crisp, clean and newly-ironed.
- Location. It's within the city walls (essential if you want to walk to all the sites!) and 10 minutes will get you anywhere in Lucca.
- One of the rooms had a nice bath, but the other one only had a shower, which was located in a corner of the bathroom with no shower curtain or glass partition. It would have been impossible to shower there without swamping the bathroom, and there was no soap holder or any place to leave the towel while we showered, which was a bit inconvenient.
- Tiny, tiny TV. We couldn't even see it from the bed, and the room was not that large.
- This may not seem bad to some people, but the hotel doesn't have much personality to speak of. It's a modern, efficient place, but it reminded me a bit too much of a Holiday Inn.
All in all, I'd think of it more as a nice 3-star than a 4-star, but the location is great, the staff is friendly, the rooms were clean, and I wouldn't have any problems staying there again.
Great locationfrom EmptyNesters007
However, you should be aware that the hotel is thoroughly modern and lacks any old-world ambiance. Oddly enough, this thoroughly modern facility was also the only hotel in Italy where we had difficulty with the infrastructure. The shower was so poorly designed that it was impossible to keep masses of water from leaking over the edge, and the thermostat was so complex and unusual that it was only the next morning that we realized that the cooling/heating system were turned off (making for a sultry night since the window didn't open very wide).
If this sounds like a mixed message, it is!
Luxurious Luccafrom Lu_J
Loads to do in Lucca and fabulous base to lots of other sites.
We loved this hotel having stayed 3 stars in Pisa and Florence really felt the difference.
Contacted hotel directly and were offered a deal on a suite for four of us.
Coffee shop a great boost to the afternoon - inclusive drinks / cakes
Suite was stunning - just like the photos
Staff all wonderful
We will be back ASAP
I want to thank you for writing about us on Trip Advisor and also for your kind words.
We hope to see you again at Hotel Ilaria,
Highly recommendedfrom Sww52
Breakfast - not so good. Pastries were wrapped and coffee from a dispenser.
Perfect location just inside the cityfrom edinburghtravellers
The breakfast offered a good choice, and the hotel is associated with 3 restaurants, so for dinner we tried the Trattoria and were impressed by the quality and value for money.
The rooms were well appointed – though we found walls to be a bit too thin, and the plumbing a bit noisy.
A well-run hotel in lovely Luccafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Our standard room was fairly small and simply but tastefully furnished, with a lovely view over a terrace and gardens beyond. The blue and white bathroom was attractive but the missing mosaic tile from the bathroom floor should be replaced. The air conditioning worked efficiently but we weren't impressed by the damp patch on the ceiling next to the a/c unit. Sound-proofing both from outside and between rooms was excellent (although a second door to keep out the occasional noise from inconsiderate guests returning in the early hours would have been welcome!) The bed was very comfortable and house-keeping was first-class. A good buffet breakfast with a selection of cooked meats, cheese, eggs, pastries and fresh fruit was served until 10.30 am each day on a delightful covered terrace. Ilaria's car park is an invaluable facility and the hotel is a few minutes' walk from the many restaurants and bars of Lucca. Ilaria is a very well-run hotel but manages to maintain a relaxed atmosphere.
The bicycle is King in Lucca but there are some interesting walks; the lovely level walk around the city walls is just 4km and provides fascinating views of this historic city. Buses are cheap and efficient and the bus station a ten minute walk from the hotel, at the opposite end of town. The frequent bus to and from Pisa airport costs around 5 euros for a return ticket and journey time is approximately 40 minutes. (Bus ticket office situated in the airport, with English-speaking staff.) The air-conditioned buses go from Lucca to several destinations, eg Florence, Pisa centre, Torre del Lago (for Puccini's home) and provide an interesting insight into local life. In Lucca we loved the Cathedral, San Michele, San Frediano and many other churches but can also highly recommend a visit to the Comic Book Museum near Piazza Napoleone, housed in a beautiful and historic building. The museum is unfinished and therefore entry to this quirky and entertaining place is free at the moment. As music-lovers we were well catered-for in Puccini's birth-place (although his house in the centre of Lucca is closed for several years for restoration.) There is a permanent festival throughout the year, with very reasonably-priced concerts five times a week. Tickets can be obtained from the tourist information office next to the bus station and from other venues. Lucca is a wonderful city and Hotel Ilaria a great base within it.
Many thanks for writing about our hotel and us on Trip Advisor, for recommending it at travelers and for all your kind words used on the review.
We hope to see you again in the next future,
Top Local Tips for Lucca
Buca di Sant' Antonio Restaurant Here is the MOVIE http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/malpert/?action=view¤t=movie.flv Click here for Pictures http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/malpert/Lucca/?start=all
What is there to do in Lucca????? There is so much to see and do in Lucca. From riding a bike atop the famed surrounding walls to going out with family or friends to a great restaurant or night spot, Lucca has it all. We spent 6 days there and found there was always a surprise around the next corner in this magnificent place. Be prepared to slow down and relax and enjoy. The beauty of Lucca and surrounding Tuscany cannot be described. It must be experienced.
Lucca is a little gem but don't tell everybody! Catch the bus from Pisa airport (departs from right outside the front of the terminal building) approx every hour or so. Travel to Lucca for 2.50 euro each way. Lucca is a lovely place to go and relax and watch the world go by from the comfort of a pavement cafe, bar or restraurant. Plenty of beautiful old buildings to look at, streets to wander down etc. We left Bristol at 7.20am and by lunch time we were sipping a cold beer in a piazza in Lucca. Just don't tell everyone about it.
Other names for Ilaria & Residenza Dell'Alba Hotel
- ilaria hotel lucca
- Address: Via Del Fosso 26 - Lucca - 55100 - Italy
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ilaria & Residenza Dell'Alba Hotel
- La Luna Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- A Palazzo Busdraghi Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- San Frediano Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Celide Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Diana Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- San Martino Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Universo Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Piccolo Hotel Puccini Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Bernardino Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Stipino Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- San Marco Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Napoleon Hotel Lucca, Italy Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hambros Hotel Capannori, Italy Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Best Western Grand Hotel Guinigi Lucca, Italy Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Hotel Carignano Lucca, Italy Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi